Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Seems you can get a lot of painting done in two days if you call out of work because you're not feeling well. Whoda thunk? :lol: As I managed to finished the Outriders and the Bladeguard this morning (as in, 1AM this morning before I went to bed):

TwqMOhV.jpg

AXrdbzY.jpg

Very nice work on the robe!

Thank you!

Good choice just going for the puppetswar shoudler pads. Regarding the fleshy trophies; excellent!!! Buuuuuuuuut you really want to push the glass microbeads in when the greenstuff is still wet....:thumbsup:

Yeah, I remembered you said that after I already did the greenstuff on the Terminators. :lol: However, I remembered it on the Fourth Claw:

e87o7Z5.jpg

3mlqNob.jpg

aiLLbop.jpg

4SZwadF.jpg

Additionally, I've got some Command Staff for the Fangs of the Father on the way:

MimW6QG.jpg

Fsthk4m.jpg

zFz9gpm.jpg

They don't look like much now, but that's the Primus Medicae (Counts-As Fabius Bile), Chief Librarian/Arch-Sorcerer and a Mark of Slaanesh sorcerer for the Fangs.

• 4 weeks later...

Bright blue and black is such a lovely color combination. Can't wait to see the model finished, but I feel like the blue looks a little shallow. Maybe another light layer of the contrast paint, or go over it with Caledor Sky could really help it pop more.

Bright blue and black is such a lovely color combination. Can't wait to see the model finished, but I feel like the blue looks a little shallow. Maybe another light layer of the contrast paint, or go over it with Caledor Sky could really help it pop more.

The blue is actually Kantor Blue with Caledor Sky over it, a recess shade of Nuln Oil and a glaze (though I seem to have failed in thinning it....) of Talassar blue.

I could go over it with some thinned Caledor Sky, but yeah. It's actually got some depth, but I think it's just the camera playing games.

Maybe mix some caledor sky with kantor blue to glaze down the outsides of the panel at a more coarse level. Could be a quick way to add a bit more depth to the panel without much work.

So like, a recess shade glaze? Or what do you mean by that?

Yeah, you could either essentially glaze down the areas around the center, or you can glaze up the center of the panel. I always found spot highlighting/transitions to be much faster than things like highlighting around a panel with trim.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Yeah, you could either essentially glaze down the areas around the center, or you can glaze up the center of the panel. I always found spot highlighting/transitions to be much faster than things like highlighting around a panel with trim.

Well, I kind of did that. Did a re-layer of Kantor Blue+Caledor Sky, then another glaze to blend the blue back in:

8jWmcXg.jpg

Next up is these five:

JMWw0GF.jpg

As well as all the weapons.

Will probably start them fully on Sunday/Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

So, remember these guys everyone?

Finally found the parts to finish my squad of Raptors!
klCGmyg.jpg

Only managed to cut myself once while I was cleaning up the shoulder pads.... :laugh.:

I still need to source Jump Packs for these guys though.

After searching, I finally found someone who sells the older finecast Raptors, unbuilt. So I got two sets, one to use the packs immediately for and another to make casts of so I don't have to go searching again:
R6ig6HS.jpg

Additionally, I got the other Warlord painted on Sunday:

7TUcem6.jpg

With Warlord #1:
N05SQ5M.jpg

Edited by Gederas

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I forgot to update after finishing my Reavers, but now I've got all six Titans for my Legio Tempestus Loyalists done:
h3El4dU.jpg

Just need to do the weapons for all of them now, and figure out basing...

Edit: In other news, I got one of the Space Marine Heroes Series 3 Death Guard, the Champion, and when I saw that his feet were separate from the base... I turned him into a Nurgle Lord for my Night Lords. Meet Tarsus Vorgan's Number Two (to be named):
yLwPh5q.jpg

Edited by Gederas

• 1 month later...

Well, I forgot to update after finishing my Reavers, but now I've got all six Titans for my Legio Tempestus Loyalists done:

Edit: In other news, I got one of the Space Marine Heroes Series 3 Death Guard, the Champion, and when I saw that his feet were separate from the base... I turned him into a Nurgle Lord for my Night Lords. Meet Tarsus Vorgan's Number Two (to be named):

yLwPh5q.jpg

IIs that the regular head of that model? gruesome ^^!

Edited by ranulf the revenant

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all! and Ranulf, it's not, no. It IS from the Space Marine Heros 3 though. That's the bare head from Gurg the Foul (the bolter Plague Marine), with the horn shaved off:

Season3_Minis_Gurg.png

In other news, I cleaned off the birthday present a friend of mine gave me. It wasn't wrapped, and it wasn't new. But man oh man, was I happy to get it!
0Zp6DWK.jpg

BGFRkrC.jpg

bplkAx2.jpg

Yup! The original Space Marine game, with all the terrain (including cardboard panels!) and several mostly complete marine sprues. My Legio Ignatum are going to have some Imperial Fists on their bases. :yes:

Still on sprues after over 30 years??? :woot: 

What a catch! 

Mhmm! Friend of mine got it from his older brother for some stuff and since I was starting Titanicus he said to me "It'd better serve you than me" :lol: So yeah. Very lucky

In other news, got my Titanicus Knights primed, gonna paint them as House Taranis

v9DbRML.jpg