Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

And the first member of my Deathwatch's Kill-Team for Kill Team, a Battle Brother of the Raptors chapter, with a Stalker-Pattern Boltgun. Felt fitting.

AeXol42.jpg

j784KNw.jpg

F9OXExd.jpg

Was a little fiddly with the right arm, as I had to cut the Stalker Boltgun arm and a Mark IV arm from Betrayal at Calth, but the pose ended up being awesome.

I know ow it was a while back, but I really like your Krieg conversion.

Stalker pattern Raptors are never not appropriate, he looks good so far.

Thanks! And nah, compliments on my conversions, even if they were a few pages back, is always nice. I'll be priming him soon-ish, when the humidity stops being so nuts.

Additionally, Kill Team Antillus is started. Fire Lords Gunner, Raptors Sniper, Novamarines Sergeant, Flesh Tearers CQC expert, Black Shield

WMX6dmL.jpg

The Flesh Tearer is in need of a head, but that's being donated by one of the Blood Angel players at my FLGS. He's giving me the bare head from the Death Company kit

Edited by Gederas

Your kill team squad is looking good and characterful! How has the shotgun been treating you in games? I've always wanted 30k Blackshields with shotguns so I had been eyeballing the DW team for a count-as force.

Is the humidity crazy where you live because you live by the ocean?

Your kill team squad is looking good and characterful! How has the shotgun been treating you in games? I've always wanted 30k Blackshields with shotguns so I had been eyeballing the DW team for a count-as force.

Is the humidity crazy where you live because you live by the ocean?

Thanks!

And as to how the shotgun has held up, my first game of Kill Team, I failed super hard and completely screwed myself with the game. I left my Frag Cannon and Infernus Heavy Bolter marine out in the open against Tau. In regards to the Shotgunner though, was the first one to kill an enemy, the enemy leader no less. Wyrmsbreath shells make short work of blueberries, and also don't care about your cover :lol:

As to the second question: Well, Rhode Island has 400 miles of coastline, and no matter WHERE YOU ARE IN THE STATE you're always at least 45 minutes from a beach no matter where you are in the state. Closest (oceanside) beach to me is 30 minutes away.

So yes. It's because of the proximity to the ocean :lol:

Edited by Gederas

I have never cared so much about cover in my life till my group started playing this. I swear I keep whispering 'hug the walls' to my squad when playing. Those little blue halflings are probably having the time of their life with shooting in this game. So good to hear you made one of their leaders eat lead with the boom-stick!

And having a beach 45 minutes away is always a plus. I just think its weird you are in the Northwest and have crazy humidity. If I go to Houston that place is just muggy and humid all the time and I think its from them being a lot closer to coast. When I lived in Okinawa being on a tiny, tropical island just ratcheted up the humidity like crazy. You could be caught out in the pouring rain and still feel sweat coming out your pores.

Aside from the DW, do you have any other teams in the works?

I have never cared so much about cover in my life till my group started playing this. I swear I keep whispering 'hug the walls' to my squad when playing. Those little blue halflings are probably having the time of their life with shooting in this game. So good to hear you made one of their leaders eat lead with the boom-stick!

And having a beach 45 minutes away is always a plus. I just think its weird you are in the Northwest and have crazy humidity. If I go to Houston that place is just muggy and humid all the time and I think its from them being a lot closer to coast. When I lived in Okinawa being on a tiny, tropical island just ratcheted up the humidity like crazy. You could be caught out in the pouring rain and still feel sweat coming out your pores.

Aside from the DW, do you have any other teams in the works?

Yeah, cover is king in Kill Team. And yes, they are. Because you know that BS (not shooting, the other acronym) 'For the Greater Good' "I can overwatch, and so can all the other guys within a certain distance"? DRONES HAVE IT IN KILL TEAM.

As to the second, yeah it is. If I liked the beach :lol: And I'm in the Northeast, not Northwest :lol:. And no, Houston is lovely compared to over here. My friend just got back from Austin (he was at RTX) and made a joke "Yeah, so the days I was there it got progressively more hot and humid. Day one was 70 and 20, day two was 85 and 30, day three was 90 and 45 and it's like 'okay, yeah, this is feeling like home.' I come back to Rhode Island and it's 98 and 70 percent humidity and then I'm like, 'nope, now I'm home'." :lol: Also, you could sweat? That's cute. :lol: It can get so humid here that people can't sweat.

And my two Kill Teams for Kill Team are Deathwatch and Death Guard. The leader is going to be heavily converted

Edited by Gederas

Oh man, that 'everybody gets overwatch!' must be a nightmare. And the silly drones have it? I already cry inside seeing flamers because they can always put down hurt...Tau overwatch may make the list when my one buddy starts them up.

And crap, I swore I've looked at a map before. :rolleyes: And that's crazy if you think Houston is lovely haha. My body is made for either dry heat or just cold...you throw humidity in there and I am sweating like a guilty person in court haha.

Also looking forward to seeing your DG team. I have been liking your Nurgle Daemons! The colors you've used and your paintjobs have been spot on!

Oh man, that 'everybody gets overwatch!' must be a nightmare. And the silly drones have it? I already cry inside seeing flamers because they can always put down hurt...Tau overwatch may make the list when my one buddy starts them up.

And crap, I swore I've looked at a map before. :rolleyes: And that's crazy if you think Houston is lovely haha. My body is made for either dry heat or just cold...you throw humidity in there and I am sweating like a guilty person in court haha.

Also looking forward to seeing your DG team. I have been liking your Nurgle Daemons! The colors you've used and your paintjobs have been spot on!

Yes. It really quite sucks :lol:

And yes. Houston would actually feel just like home for me right now (no lie, the temperatures in Houston and where I live in Rhode Island are only 10 degrees of difference, and the exact same humidity) :lol:

And thanks! I think Rotigus and Epidemius will be the only Daemons with that specific colour, but all of the Daemons will use the same special shade mix.

Additionally, I did think of an idea.

So, I was planning on doing a Nurgle Renegade chapter to patch some of the holes my Death Guard have. I was wondering so long on what the origin for the Chapter to be. Possibly Ultramarines or Imperial Fists. Then I saw Greenz' post in Facing the Unknown - Starting a New army together:

The Blighted Devourers are a DG warband created by Mortarion experimenting with Blood Angels geneseed. I’m going for a vampiric, fear inspiring Nurgle army here, with lots of conversions.

Nurglite Blood Angels? Uhh.... yes please?

And the Dornian Heresy Wiki has some good refences for a colour scheme:

BA_Heretic_Legionary.pngBlood_Angels_Blightlord_Termi.png

I might end up doing a quick test mini this weekend using one of the (MANY) Dark Imperium Plague Marines I have.

Oh yes! The Dornian Heresy BA would make for an awesome DG Kill Team. Looking forward to seeing that test mini! Conversion possibilities is enormous with the amount of BA goodies and the new DG stuff available.

But now you've got me thinking of C'tan Iron Hands for a Necron count-as team from the Dornian timeline!

Gods do I love this hobby and hate the things it does to my mind and wallet!

So, anyone remember that Magnus commission I'm working on?

I do.

bbks7J1.jpg

X3IQOOW.jpg

The humidity causing the primer to fuzz up didn't ruin the paintjob, but did give a very odd, grainy texture to his skin. It actually looks somewhat decent :lol:

Oh yes! The Dornian Heresy BA would make for an awesome DG Kill Team. Looking forward to seeing that test mini! Conversion possibilities is enormous with the amount of BA goodies and the new DG stuff available.

But now you've got me thinking of C'tan Iron Hands for a Necron count-as team from the Dornian timeline!

Gods do I love this hobby and hate the things it does to my mind and wallet!

Ooooooo Dornian Heresy :biggrin.: now I`d definitely like to see you turn your hand to that Gederas :happy.: and Hushrong too for that matter :yes:

Well, they won't be Dornian Heresy Blood Angels, but I am taking some inspiration from the Dornian Heresy Blood Angels.

That being said, I've gotten some ideas regarding these fallen sanguine angels. I do really need to come up with their Chapter's name pre and post-fall.

So. My Gutrot Spume order came in today, and I grabbed a Foul Blightspawn along with him.

Why you ask?

For this.

Say 'hello' to Lord-Afflictor Savaxus Nidor:

XAabuaN.jpg

eq6u8BR.jpg

LTJd4HG.jpg

He'll be the generic Chaos Lord for my Death Guard, and the Leader for my Death Guard Kill-Team. I need to do some greenstuff gap filling, and adding more tentacles. But yeah.

My hands hurt from the amount of sawing that was needed to do this guy :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Know that I am excited about Nurgle BA so once you start on that I’m going to be all over it!

And I know you’ll be knocking them out of the park after seeing Nidor. He is looking perfectly corrupted!

Yeah, so am I. I'm working on the test mini for the paint scheme as I'm painting Magnus.

And thanks! It was a MASSIVE PITA getting Gutrot Spume's tentacles to fit on the Blightspawn's body. So. Much. Sawing. :lol:

Does Nidor use his tentacles to grip that plasmagun and manipulate its controls? If not, you'll need to replace that (admittedly AWESOME-looking) backpack with one where the plasmagun is on the right side, within reach of his humanoid right hand.

The issue is there's no backpack like that, and I don't have a spare plasmagun with the grip still attached :lol:

And in all honesty, I'm thinking Nidor can use the tentacles to hold and fire the plasmagun, or they could hand them off to his right hand. I mean, the tentacles are dexterous enough to use and throw a blight grenade :lol:

Does Nidor use his tentacles to grip that plasmagun and manipulate its controls? If not, you'll need to replace that (admittedly AWESOME-looking) backpack with one where the plasmagun is on the right side, within reach of his humanoid right hand.

The issue is there's no backpack like that, and I don't have a spare plasmagun with the grip still attached
How unfortunate.

And in all honesty, I'm thinking Nidor can use the tentacles to hold and fire the plasmagun, or they could hand them off to his right hand. I mean, the tentacles are dexterous enough to use and throw a blight grenade

Fair enough.

You made it work well. I honestly thought you got the AoS Nurgle guy with tentacle arms at first but saw it was a legit Plague marine worked on. So that sawing paid off! No pain no gain :)

No, I did.

He's made from Gutrot Spume's tentacles attached to the body of a Foul Blightspawn.

It took gluing Gutrot Spume's body together entirely, waiting an hour, then sawing Gutrot's back and legs off. Then I had to saw the Blightspawn's torso in half and progressively shave off more and more of Gutrot's body to fit it onto the Blightspawn's body. Prolly took about..... Two hours in total? :lol:

The issue is there's no backpack like that, and I don't have a spare plasmagun with the grip still attached
How unfortunate.

And in all honesty, I'm thinking Nidor can use the tentacles to hold and fire the plasmagun, or they could hand them off to his right hand. I mean, the tentacles are dexterous enough to use and throw a blight grenade

Fair enough.

But the backpack actually already has another tentacle holding the plasma gun in place, and there's also a tentacle on the guy's right forearm -- all of this kinda works together to show how his tentacles are really prehensile enough to reach every part of his person, doesn't it? I actually thought that had been a conscious design choice...

Anyway, while I am generally not a great fan of masses of tentacles, I really like the way you've put this guy together so far. Personally speaking, I think the "grenade tentacle" is a bit distracting, placed right in front like that, and the effect would maybe work better with the grenade switched to one of the smaller tentacles...?!

Edited by KrautScientist

I'm losing my mind Gederas! For some reason I was thinking of the vortex beasts with its tentacle maw when I kept reading 'gutrot spume'. I'm losing it, bud!:teehee: Still, its a great conversion you've got so its worth the time and pain!

I also don't think the way the plasmagun being held by a tentacle is a big issue. Remember the DV era aspiring champ with his weirdly chanied combi melta on his back? I have no idea how he would really reach that thing on his back while fully armored.