Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

What's the next step, Tamiya Red over it? Such a cool model...

Well, now that I'm awake again, the next step is to pick out the silver areas that are hidden throughout the gold areas (mainly on the carapace itself) and wash those with Nuln Oil, then wash the gold areas with Reikland Fleshshade and a layer of Liberator Gold and a drybrush of Sigmarite on the gold. THEN Tamiya Red over the gold.

But yes, you basically got it right. :lol:

You may want to use some matte or a wash on that red, it's WAAAY too glossy. Like, "I used Testors enamel paints on this" glossy.

I mean, I used Tamiya Clear Red on it.... So pretty much the same thing :lol:

And yeah, it'll get a matte varnish. Soon-ish :lol:

Another completed model, a Deathwatch marine (Guardians of the Covenant):
2zEY92w.jpg

And a WIP of the rest of his Kill-Team:
In7xuAR.jpg

EDIT:

The Ultramarine said he wanted more grenades.

6L0cB4c.jpg

Is 13 separate explosives good enough (not counting the ones from his Frag Cannon or the backpack)? :lol:

Edited by Gederas

And that Salamander was finished last night before I went to bed:

hXyTOoj.jpg

Additionally: Marneus Calgar and Haarken Worldclaimer have been ordered with my FLGS. For reasons that should be obvious, but will become clearer soon enough ;)

Edited by Gederas

That's a serious bit of hammer.

Re: Calgar and Worldclaimer -dioramamama?

It IS a heavy thunder hammer, so yes. Quite a bit of hammer :lol:

And no. Not a diorama. They will be used for two of my armies. Calgar for my Deathwatch, Haarken as the currently unnamed Lord Ravager, the Chaos Lord who's the head of the Fast Assault squads (bikes, jetpacks, etc).

Additionally, I shall leave you all with this to figure out what else I just got inspiration for:

jDrDYjB.jpg

Update on the angry puppy. My friend gave a recommendation for doing something other than the Red with Black, so I went for a Red/Red countershading style with Mephiston Red and Khorne Red markings/spine

Tkt7By3.jpg

Now I need to do a shade or two of Carrobug Crimson on it.

Thoughts? Recommendations?

Edited by Gederas

"Like most Traitor Legion warbands, the World Renders of Khorne are known to attract lesser daemons or daemonic beasts of their patron. However, the first member of the warband to attract the attentions of a daemon was not a Son of the XII, but a Scion of the Lion. Ramiel, a former member of the I Legion's Ravenwing was the first member of the brutal warriors to court a daemon's fixation. The Dark Angel and Flesh Hound are a common sight amongst the battlefield, the Angel fighting from the seat of his bike, the hound bounding behind his master."

A0qYKEE.jpg

TT75Msf.jpg

o0mWWNI.jpg

Great job on the flesh hound! How will you decorate his base?

Probably my usual for basing. Might do a bit more, as the Flesh Hound is only half of the models for the planned project. Currently trying to figure out what to do for Ramiel's bike. Likely going to go with a Ravenwing bike?

I'm also thinking of changing Ramiel's name. As... well, I mentioned his name and someone's immediate response was "Isn't Ramiel the screaming blue octahedron from Evangelion?". And while I went with Ramiel because it means "Lightning of God", the association.... yeah :lol:

So I think I'm going with Rogziel, which is an angel of punishment whose name means "the wrath of God".

Edited by Gederas

Thought on it, and I will be going with Rogziel for the Fallen Biker Lord.

And speaking of Rogziel, I've gotten his head and torso settled. Now I just need the rest of the parts.
L5LY3wA.jpg

HVk3gug.jpg

uCWXax3.jpg

That AoS Skullcrusher helmet works PERFECTLY with the Ravenwing Champion's helmet wings to make a knightly-looking helmet, while the Skullcrusher helmet gives him a subtly Khornate look. Perfect for a Khornate Fallen.

You'll probably see more of this guy come January, as that's when I'll likely have all of the stuff needed for him ordered. I need both Sammael's bike, an Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch, and the Forge World Space Marine Heavy Weapons Set backpack (the Mark II/Mark III backpacks with the backwards-facing exhausts) for him.

That helm looks spot on.

Right? It has a subtly Khornate look, but still looks like something you can imagine a Calibanite Legionary wearing.

The hardest part for Rogziel is figuring out what his weapon will be. I'm currently thinking a Ravenwing Corvus Hammer counting as a Power Maul.

Well, that and figuring out how much of his model will be red, because his armour will be predominantly black, maybe with a red shoulder pad. The bike is the problem, because his bike will be made from this:

99810101020_SammaelCorvex01.jpg

Carving off that eagle is gonna be irksome.... :laugh.:

The jetbike, however, will be done up much more blatantly chaos. This one gave me inspiration for the whole project (apparently it's by a guy named Gruumsh?):

IMG_6993-Copy.jpg

I'll definitely be using the Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch's flames shooting from the exhausts of Rogziel's version of Corvex.

Also, fixed the gaps on Rogziel's helmet where the Skullcrusher helm and the Ravenwing Champion's wings connected:

fkhcfaK.jpg

oHVtLMW.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Agreed, the less overt chaos kits have a real archaic look about them, perfect for the Ist legion and also for darker Inq28 style takes on the Astartes.

Looking at the jetbike and that stunning conversion are getting me excited to see what you come up with, the Exalted flames are a good idea.

Agreed, the less overt chaos kits have a real archaic look about them, perfect for the Ist legion and also for darker Inq28 style takes on the Astartes.

Looking at the jetbike and that stunning conversion are getting me excited to see what you come up with, the Exalted flames are a good idea.

Definitely. I got the idea for using a Skullcrusher's helmet as I saw someone's Primaris Lieutenant in a Dark Angels group on Facebook use it along with the Dark Vengeance Master's wings to make a winged helm for his LT.

And trust me, I'm going to put a HELL(rider) of a lot of effort into this bike. By sheer size, the only HQ I've done that's larger than this one would be Skarbrand. So Rogziel's bike is going to need to look perfect, especially because of how kitbashed its going to be.

Edited by Gederas

So... my stuff came in today:

qfWaKiJ.jpg

And so of course I started working on the Lord Ravager for the World Renders of Khorne:
JvvVEo9.jpg

DW6RvLH.jpg

CmcVaKD.jpg

Will be finishing him around the same time as Rogziel, as I need some Forge World parts for him.

I approve of the alteration to Haarken, the dual claws look great! The spear is a nice bit too, so I look forward to seeing that crop up somewhere in the future.

Thanks! However, I've got better spears for my World Eaters, since I have the AoS Skullcrushers' spears. Though, this is the only left-handed spear.

Building his base is going to be.... interesting, as I already removed the piece of pipe that Haarken uses to be secured to his. I'm planning on him being closer to his base, potentially attached to a rock (definitely will be pinned)

Additionally, some Hounds to assist my World Eaters have been assembled. I LOVE these new models.

ZYUhJuw.jpg

Edit:

Also, just finished assembling the newest member of the Watch:

hrvVSHn.jpg

L7Y3NkG.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Ordo Hereticus Warband's Zealot is assembled. Simple kitbash, but I like it.

NyscXfR.jpg

I need to remember: Do the conversion work BEFORE gluing the model together with Plastic Glue :lol:

I really should make an Inq28 thread now that I think of it...

I really like the original, but the bits-swap works well too, the Sisters of Silence have a great aesthetic.

Yeah. Hopefully the glue dries and cures properly now, as the head was the hardest part to swap :lol:

And it was originally ONLY supposed to be a head swap, but the shoulder wasn't gluing together correctly (damnable split down the center....). So I chopped it off and replaced it. I mean, thankfully the Sisters of Silence shoulder pad further separates this one from the default Pious Vorne. Now I just need to stick an Inquisition =][= (probably the small Backpack icon from the Deathwatch kit) on her somewhere.

But that will be done after I get back from work today.