Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

No new models (kind of), but I do have another mini Bat-Rep.

So, it was a small (roughly 600 points) of my Dark Angels against my friend's new Necrons from Forgebane at our local GW.

He went first, but only managed to shoot one Squad of Intercessors, which only took a single wound. This is where it starts to go badly for him.

GM7PSnK.jpg

The next turn, I moved all models (sans the Aggressors) up their max movement. My Hellblasters were able to get within Rapid Fire range of his Canoptek Wraiths. One Weapons from the Dark Age, rapid-fire volley later, dead squad of Canoptek Wraiths.

BPUiYIz.jpg

After this, my lines are exposed to his Necron Immortals. Who.... Kind of wiff their rolls.

J9Dnzss.jpg

The combined weight of fire from the Hellblasters, two Intercessor squads, Azrael and the Primaris Lieutenant shoot those Immortals off the board.

CLBU2xR.jpg

He then charges the Lychguard into the first Intercessors squad, and manages to kill a few of the Intercessors. However...

7jhB9gV.jpg

My Intercessors fell back, the Hellblasters then proceeded to hellblast them off the board, leaving his Cryptek all alone.

pQ1tq8L.jpg

Second game I still won, but I lost much more models that time :laugh.:

Looking pretty good Gederas :smile.: I too have Skarbrand (or as he's called in my force Mr Long Legged MacDaddy :sweat:) How do you find him in general games? Can`t wait to see what's next for your collection :happy.:

Thanks. And as to how I find Skarbrand in general games: I used him once so far, and he failed his charge and died on the next turn. Then again, I was charging HELLBLASTERS like an idiot :laugh.:

And what's next for my collection? I'm not sure. Prolly need to actually paint more models. And also get transport cases for them, so I can have my futon back :laugh.:

Dude. Your Fabius WIP is amazeballs. If you've not decided on a head, I'd do option one, and then maybe get some hair from a Tree Revenant, cut off the top so it's balding, greenstuff to blend and that should complete the look.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh so your experiences have been very similar as mine then :tongue.: I tried to charge Mortarion, fluffed it and then got charged by Morty...it wasn`t pretty :teehee:

Well, I've only used Skarbrand once, so yeah.... :laugh.:

Dude. Your Fabius WIP is amazeballs. If you've not decided on a head, I'd do option one, and then maybe get some hair from a Tree Revenant, cut off the top so it's balding, greenstuff to blend and that should complete the look.

It's not supposed to be Fabius, it's a Counts-As for my World Eaters. I did decide that I'm going to use one of the Reiver skull-mask helms.

Now, I'm planning on splitting this topic, so that my Slaaneshi/Khornate topics are separate. This will be my general WIP thread. But before I do that, meet the newest abortion of sanity I'm making for my Emperor's Children (and the ETL actually):

"My name is Legion, for we are many."

3aJLn7B.jpg

S3NWTDL.jpg

SVF9rJk.jpg

hTLB83Y.jpg

Z0pqtEg.jpg

Before anyone asks: the white thing in its hindquarters is a bit of finecast sprue bent to add some structure. I'm going to be filling in that gap with both Greenstuff.... and Crypt Ghoul bodies.

Edited by Gederas

I don't know what the hell that is, but it's terrifying! The more I look, the creepier the details are, it's very reminiscent of Kierdale's spawn.

It's the Hell Pit Abomination with Chaos Spawn and Maleceptor tentacles added onto it :lol:

But thanks! The fact that it's reminiscent of Kierdale's spawn is good, because those things were the inspiration for this monster.

Quite a nice assortment of goodies you have here! Your latest creation is awesome. When something makes me think of The Thing its a winner in my book. And that hellborne abomination of yours is a big winner!

What are you going to use it as? The giant spawn from the FW index?

Quite a nice assortment of goodies you have here! Your latest creation is awesome. When something makes me think of The Thing its a winner in my book. And that hellborne abomination of yours is a big winner!

What are you going to use it as? The giant spawn from the FW index?

Thanks! And yeah, it is kind of like The Thing, isn't it? :lol:

And yes, it's the Gigantic Chaos Spawn from the FW index.

Speaking of giant: The thing almost didn't fit on the 100mm base that the normal Gigantic Chaos Spawn is supposed to be on :lol:

He/she/it/they’re adorable! :D

SENPAI NOTICED ME!

-cough- In any case, thanks :lol: Your spawn are an inspiration, ones I'm very much going to be yoinking ideas from. Like using Crypt Ghouls. Legion needs a hole filled up, and some Crypt Ghoul torsos would add more to the horrificness of this monster. Likely also gonna have an Ork (and some Ork faces) in there as well.

And I think this pronoun trouble can be summed up as "it" or "they". Especially in regards to the amalgam of Astartes, Xenos, Human and Daemon that make up Legion. The idea for Legion is that it's not your normal Spawn (mindless), and there's something.... wrong about it.

• 4 weeks later...

-blows dust off thread-

So, been a while :lol: Long story short, I've not been able to paint ANY models as I ran out of primer in March, and I pre-paid for a can of White and Grey primer at my FLGS at the beginning of April. The distributor is taking their sweet time getting the primer to the shop. As such, all of my models that were ready to be painted have just been.... sitting.

I got fed up today, and spent probably more than I should have at the GW store to get at least SOME primer so I can start on my ETL vow.

XlHxzQ4.jpg

(6 Noise Marines and Lucius primed, got another 12, 40 cultists and a Jump-pack Sorcerer to prime)'

I DO however, have a new model to show you all:

So, a story for this model. I was inspired by Juggernaut's Traitor Salamander using the Skullgrinder as the base, as I wanted to use some of the AoS Khorne stuff for my Khorne Daemonkin for a while.

So, after a lovely two months of issues with getting a Skullgrinder (long story short: the GW rep for the owner of my FLGS kept mishearing "Skullgrinder" as "Soul Grinder", and since the latter is Webstore Exclusive, the Skullgrinder wasn't added onto any orders for a while), it finally arrived on Thursday.

Now, I wasn't one of the lucky people to have a bunch of extra Chaos Chosen from Dark Vengeance lying around. I DID happen to have a spare Khârn model though.

So, I started and finished the kitbash today.

CLb9m5J.jpg

zVj4CIH.jpg

Once I did this, I noticed a... issue. At first, how down-angled his stance is made me think I just screwed up a very expensive conversion (to the tune of 65 dollars). Then my buddy Joe gave me this sage advice:

"its [a] normal [stance] for such a heavy weapon [...]I dont see an issue. It looks like he is following though with his strike. [...] You ever swing a cinderblock on a chain? It pulls you off balance like there's no tomorrow. Now imagine a giant chunk of daemon rock bound in adamantine. Which is heavier and denser than steel."

And such, I realized it's not a failure at all.

Edited by Gederas

He does look bad ass! I've been seeing a lot of the blood warriors/AoS Khorne mixed with 40k and using actual space marine legs, which I think looks better than just slapping on a power pack. I must say this is awesomely inspiring stuff. *start pulling hairs wondering why I didn't go World Eaters....

Also, depending on how you do his base it could change the dynamism of the pose. You could remove him from that base carefully with a xacto then trim or add to the rubble sculpted to his right foot. Plus, you can always add debris, cork board, or green stuff from him to be launching off from too. Just some thoughts.

Not a failure at all! He looks like a badass raging murderer, as he should.:yes:

Thanks!

He does look bad ass! I've been seeing a lot of the blood warriors/AoS Khorne mixed with 40k and using actual space marine legs, which I think looks better than just slapping on a power pack. I must say this is awesomely inspiring stuff. *start pulling hairs wondering why I didn't go World Eaters....

Also, depending on how you do his base it could change the dynamism of the pose. You could remove him from that base carefully with a xacto then trim or add to the rubble sculpted to his right foot. Plus, you can always add debris, cork board, or green stuff from him to be launching off from too. Just some thoughts.

Thanks for the compliments Hush. And you can still go World Eaters. Just add some red paint and bunny helmets to your guys :lol:

And yeah, I could (and likely will) change up the dynamism of the pose.

I also thought and decided on the name for the Skullgrinder:

Alaz'Batyr, named after the Turkic god of fire.

Also, so I had an... interesting thing happen. Last night one of the supervisors at my work said he wanted to see some of the models I painted (he saw the cover of the 7th Edition Ork codex I was looking over last week and his curiosity was piqued), so I brought in some of mine today. And it turns out, the cubicles at work are REALLY good for taking pictures. So I snapped some better pictures of Mortarion, Khârn and Sammael:

Mortarion:

KAQciM9.jpg

sK3HOXq.jpg

VvsczJp.jpg

I'm EXTREMELY happy that the better backdrops allowed it to focus on Mortarion's face, which I'm very pleased with how it came out.

Khârn:

qZB2Qnw.jpg

LHt0VmB.jpg

Sammael:

jPKbFYS.jpg

r6IldPr.jpg

Gnu0Lo9.jpg

neNOZA4.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Another couple conversions, both of these are VERY WIP.

So, I had an idea for an Inquisimunda character based on Krieg, the Psycho from Borderlands 2. So, using the AoS Slaughterpriest, a Goliath gasmask and an Ork Nob choppa, I managed to cobble together a pretty decent rendition.

tRub81k.jpg

4IXaJxS.jpg

And here's a comparison between Krieg's official artwork and the first image:

4F3w9WE.jpg

Accurate?

The second one is for a character for my fluff, as one of the World Renders Dark Apostles, Talonok, managed to get a convent of Sororitas Khornate-corrupted. The prioress ended up ascending to Daemonhood. Now, the model based on the Ultraforge Pleasure Demon, as it's the only Daemon Prince-sized female model I could find. Currently still working on making her torso armour, so I'll put it behind a spoiler tag because nipples :lol:

Hidden Content
xH2lOVu.jpg

On her, I still need to finish making the hair from Greenstuff, as well as filling in some gaps (such as her neck).

Edited by Gederas

Oh yeah! Krieg 40k is looking awesome!

Dude! 40k Krieg is amazing! I love Borderlands.

Thanks!

So, how's he looking now with greenstuff? :lol:

TdjUmJZ.jpg

ArHEYzu.jpg

Once again, the comparison:

iKt7TRW.jpg

I'll be adding some Goliath ganger shoulderpads once the greenstuff is done curing, as well as adding some extra detailing (like the harness he's wearing).

Also, anyone else find it hilarious that the Ork Nob arms fit on the Slaughterpriest's body FAR BETTER than they should when it comes to scale and size? :lol:

Seriously, they fit on the Slaughterpriest's body better than the Slaughterpriest's actual arms :lol:

Edited by Gederas

I’m loving Krieg, man! He’s looking as close as one can get while still using GW bits to build him. Looks like you’re making an effort to portray a “real” musculature while still accounting for the mutations of chaos (spine bursting out, etc.).

I’m not as big a fan of the daemon prince(ss) though. Not because she looks bad, but the aesthetic is just not my thing. Conceptually, fallen sisters of Khorne is obviously awesome. When I’ve thought about it in the past, I thought Valkia the bloody would make a great stand in for Celestine. What you’ve chosen works great as a daemon prince, because she needs to be bulkier than a human-sized model. With the appropriate armor and accoutrements, she will probably work out fine. Her massive rack might get in the way of slaughtering, though. :D

I’m loving Krieg, man! He’s looking as close as one can get while still using GW bits to build him. Looks like you’re making an effort to portray a “real” musculature while still accounting for the mutations of chaos (spine bursting out, etc.).

Thanks! Hopefully the paintjob will make it even closer, though I'm planning on it being either his default colour scheme, or one of the alternate schemes.

The funny thing with the Krieg kitbash is that while working on him, I already had a backstory idea forming:

The idea is that an Inquisitor (Ordo Xenos maybe?) and a Magos Biologus tried to see if they could replicate the Astartes creation process without geneseed. Though they did need a basis to start, so the Inquisitor managed to get a hold of Blackshield's corpse. So, nothing about his body is Chaos (aside from being made FROM a chaos kit :lol:), but enhanced human. Clearly the Inquisitor and Genetor got it right, as he's TALLER THAN A PRIMARIS MARINE :lol: The result exceeded expectations, with some oddities: Aside from the sheer size, he healed injuries at a massively accelerated rate (to the point that broken bones would have to be broken again if they healed wrong). There was also the fact that the creation was a bit... off.

Additionally, the spine won't actually be a spine, but like Krautscientist's design for Angron that he originally made using the same model, it'll be some kind of bionic. I had the idea that the character suffered an injury of some sort that severely damaged his spinal column, which required some heavy augmetics to repair that even his own healing factor couldn't repair (maybe he got Bane'd by an Ogryn or Chaos Marine?)

TL;DR: Krieg + Wolverine's Healing factor + Deadpool's insanity = This guy

I’m not as big a fan of the daemon prince(ss) though. Not because she looks bad, but the aesthetic is just not my thing. Conceptually, fallen sisters of Khorne is obviously awesome. When I’ve thought about it in the past, I thought Valkia the bloody would make a great stand in for Celestine. What you’ve chosen works great as a daemon prince, because she needs to be bulkier than a human-sized model. With the appropriate armor and accoutrements, she will probably work out fine. Her massive rack might get in the way of slaughtering, though. :D

Well, if by aesthetic, you're talking about the fact that her breasts are out on display, those will have armour over them (from the AoS Mighty Skullcrushers, the skull shoulderpad for the Champion). And I did think about Valkia the Bloody, in fact I bought her a while back, and was planning on having her be a part of the Sisters of Khorne, as another Herald.

And by "massive rack" you're talking about the horns, right? :wink:

Edited by Gederas

Krieg is looking good and his Nob arms work perfectly. As the youths once said: He works out.

The back story is pretty interesting. He'd also make for a rad 'enhanced marine' that Fabius was always trying to make too.

Thanks!

Krieg looks boss. Now I wanna make a Tiny Tina.

In the words of Palpatine: DO IT :lol:

Also, Krieg is now totally finished, aside from paint:

FQgUa4S.jpg

u2ejMBR.jpg

oVagPYQ.jpg

rOh7TS3.jpg

Also yes, that's sticks of dynamite made from toothpicks :lol:

And also, here's an early WIP of something for my Chaos:

a7FdjNs.jpg

9xipSh9.jpg

61uoq4n.jpg