Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Update: I did have some money today, so when I picked up my Limited Edition of The Lords of Silence, I picked up a Trukk.

Sadly, I figured something out looking at the Trukk kit and the War Rig from Fury Road:

ae44cd42aa8c21f7e483a8b9840a7d00.jpg

The extended nose of the War Rig, with the two engines (note the two distinct blowers along the nose) means I'd need a SECOND Trukk kit to extend the frame of the front further. It'll be worth it, but that's really annoying to figure out AFTER the GW store has already closed for the night. Ah well, looks like I'll have to pick up a second one sometime next week.

I can wait but I hear the pounding of drums in the background! At least if you get the start collecting scions kit you have scions to use as trophies on your rig and buggies. Maybe secure some up on front mounted poles used for holding captives and blood-bags.

Hmm... That is a good idea. Might steal it.

Plus, the Commissar comes with a hat, and I totally have to put that on one of the Orks. Maybe the chill Nob who'll feature in the story of the Waagh Rig's origins...

I like how the War Rig is coming along. Will you add gun turrets to it? (According to one of the stories in 'Mad Max: Fury Road: The Prelude to the Blockbuster Film!', the halved Volkswagen Beetle on the trailer was meant to be a gunner's station.)

I'm planning on it having guns. Or in this case, gunners, with four Nobs with big shootas on the trailer to defend the recovery vehicle.

I'm planning on it having guns. Or in this case, gunners, with four Nobs with big shootas on the trailer to defend the recovery vehicle.

Good ideas. Will the War Rig also serve as a Transport?

Probably. Might be for Lootas (because it's the Big Boss Mek's recovery vehicle).

Edited by Gederas

Ahh, the War Rig. It was love at first sight. Also reminds me of the face mask of a marine from this angle. 

LrmxBfi.gif

I wish you luck in your mekgineering of that beast and hope you pull it off. 

100% agreed. Looks like you've set yourself quite the task! Godspeed, man - or maybe more like Gorkspeed?

I'm sorry. I'll see myself out. :sweat:

Great to see you doing Nurgle and Orks too Gederas.

The War Rig always just feels like the natural conclusion to making Ork Vehicles. It's one of those 'one day' projects. I'm really glad to see you tackling it. I'm looking forward to your progress.

I intended to post these the other day, but Imgur was crapping the bed I couldn't upload any images to the site; here's some concept art for the War Rig that looks even more orky to me. 

CB6Djlp.png

This one in particular because it almost looks like it has a gob. 

LXu3Ez6.png

Loot the idea, my friend! I'd love to see it plus looting is an Ork way of life.

Also living trophies on display make the best bragging rights! :wink:

Will do!

Ahh, the War Rig. It was love at first sight. Also reminds me of the face mask of a marine from this angle. 

LrmxBfi.gif

I wish you luck in your mekgineering of that beast and hope you pull it off.

I can see it, yeah :laugh.:

100% agreed. Looks like you've set yourself quite the task! Godspeed, man - or maybe more like Gorkspeed?

I'm sorry. I'll see myself out. :sweat:

Thanks!

Great to see you doing Nurgle and Orks too Gederas.

The War Rig always just feels like the natural conclusion to making Ork Vehicles. It's one of those 'one day' projects. I'm really glad to see you tackling it. I'm looking forward to your progress.

Well, if you looked from the first post, I was doing Nurgle from the get-go :laugh.: But yeah.

I intended to post these the other day, but Imgur was crapping the bed I couldn't upload any images to the site; here's some concept art for the War Rig that looks even more orky to me. 

CB6Djlp.png

This one in particular because it almost looks like it has a gob. 

LXu3Ez6.png

Oooh, now those are actually quite helpful. That looks cool

In other news, I had my first game with my Orks against someone's Necrons (just over 1k) at my FLGS on Wednesday. Went interesting.

Turn one, he went first and ran his Tomb Blades and Annihilation Barge up the field. He managed to not kill everything in my front row :laugh.: I then moved my lads up.

arVW8Xz.jpg

My first shooting phase: I SHOT THE ANNIHILATION BARGE OFF THE TABLE! A Gretchin (yes, really), the Russian Clown Car of Burnas, and the Kans did the damage in that order. I moved the Deff Dread towards his Praetorians to prepare for a charge. I then assaulted the Tomb Blades, killing two.

FgzGIsP.jpg

He backs his Tomb Blades out, and he manages to take the Deff Dread down a peg, but not enough to kill it. Uh-oh. Clown Car then torches the last Tomb Blade. Now on turn 2, he deep-strikes his Deathmarks and kills my Weirdboy. Ah well.

L1icthN.jpg

Deff Dread proceeds to kill most of the Praetorians. The Killa Kan then ties up the Immortals and the Clown Car kills one of the Warriors squads. Gretchin, Runtherd and the Warboss close in on the Cryptek.

s77lhmW.jpg

eIP6UU2.jpg

What happens to a Cryptek in melee against 10 Grots, a Runtherd and a Megaboss? Pain.

N3sPynO.jpg

The game ends with the Deff Dread dying, blowing up the last Praetorian and taking out some of my Grots.

2CW5R50.jpg

All in all, a fun game.

Edited by Gederas

No new painted/assembled models yet*. But I DID get a message last night from a friend.

I'll call him Don Corleone for now, 'cause he made me an offer I cannot refuse right now:

Hey, I am currently in possession of a fully unbuilt, new in bag Forge World Greater Brass Scorpion. It came as part of a large trade, but I don’t think I’m gonna use it. Would you be interested? Figured I’d ask before I put it up on eBay or bartertown.

99590102091_ChaosBrassScorpion01.jpg

So.... There goes my paycheck this week, since I'm picking it up on Friday from him :lol:

*well, ones I can show on these forums :lol:

Why oh why don't I have friends like that:)

I'm a bit jealous, hope it's a fun beast to paint!

Trust me, I was super surprised when he asked me that. I immediately jumped on it :lol:

And I'm hoping it will be fun to paint too. Because it's one of my Call of Chaos vows :lol:

Sweet score Gederas!

I know right?

In other news, I finally finished the Crimson King I was commissioned to paint by a friend. The fuzzed up primer actually HELPED Magnus, as it gave really nice texture on his skin instead of it being super smooth it now almost looks like actual skin.

nkrZUki.jpg

1T47Yqv.jpg

tK4QDVU.jpg

pAx5JXw.jpg

mRVgf4j.jpg

ub1z6dB.jpg

And finally, I asked for Saturday off.

For 40k of 40k

One of the people at my FLGS managed to organize a mega-battle. And I'm bringing my Death Guard and Nurgle Daemons. Each player has an 8k point limit, minimum 2k. I threw my hat into the ring. And what am I bringing?

This:

Superheavy Detachment

Lord of War: Mortarion

Brigade

HQ: Typhus

HQ: Daemon Prince (Claw, Sword)

HQ: Malignant Plaguecaster

Troop: Plague Marines x7

Troop: Plague Marines x7 (Bubotic Axe x2, Mace of Contagion, Flail of Corruption, Power Fist)

Troop: Plague Marines x7 (Plague Belcher, Blight Launcher)

Troop: Plague Marines x7 (Power Fist, Plasma Gun)

Elite: Noxious Blightbringer

Elite: Foul Blightspawn

Elite: Biologus Putrifier

Elite: Plague Surgeon

Elite: Tallyman

Elite: Deathshroud Terminators (2 Plaguespurt Guantlets on Champ)

FA: Foetid Bloat Drone (2x Plaguespitters)

HS: Chaos Land Raider (Combi-bolter, Havoc Launcher)

HS: Plagueburst Crawler (Plaguespitters, Rothail Volleygun)

HS: Predator (Predator Autocannon, Heavy Bolters x2)

HS: Predator (Twin-Lascannon, Lascannons x2)

Transport: Rhino (Combi-bolter, Havoc Launcher)

Vanguard Detachment:

HQ: Lord of Contagion (Manreaper)

HQ: Lord of Contation (Plaguereaper)

Elite: Blightlord Terminators x5 (x4 Combi-Plasma, x2 Bubotic Axe, x2 Balesword, Flail of Corruption)

Elite: Helbrute (Helbrute Plasma Cannon, Helbrute Fist)

Elite: Helbrute (2x Helbrute Fist, Heavy Flamers x2)

Outrider

HQ: Daemon Prince of Nurgle (wings, 2x Talons)

FA: Myphitic Blight-Haulers x3

FA: Foetid Bloat Drone (Fleshmower)

Battalion (Daemons)

HQ: Rotigus

HQ: Epidemius

HQ: Sloppity Bilepiper

Troop: Plaguebringers x10 (Icon, Instrument)

Troop: Nurglings x3

Troop: Nurglings x3

FA:Plague Drones x6 (Icon, Instrument)

HS: Soul Grinder (Sword)

Total:

22 Command Points

6692 points

135 models

No poxwalkers in the list because of these reasons:

• 1: I don't have all of them built
  • 2: While I could fit the two detachments of Battalions, I didn't want to bring an extra TWO-HUNDRED AND TWENTY MODELS
  • 3: I didn't want to out-horde the Tyranids player by 100 models :lol:
Edited by Gederas

• 3 weeks later...

Man, it's been too long.

I've been.... somewhat productive? Well, I've gotten one model of my Call of Chaos vow done, and I'm nearly half done with my Brass Scorpion.

I say somewhat because I got super into working on my Deathwatch, been working on them a lot, usually when I'm not painting. Speaking of painting, here's the current status of the CoC vow:

The Brass Scorpion:
R0ZINkc.jpg

x3PyKmA.jpg

She's about 45% done in these pictures. I'm working on the body plates now, and after I finish her, I'll take a break and work on some of the other models in my vow next.

And Khrogar is finally finished. It only took me since February :laugh.:

TFLdPo6.jpg

ngEZC99.jpg

I'll have better pictures of him on Friday. He's also been based since I took those pictures

Edited by Gederas

Oh man, Tackling the Brass Scorpion! I love that model, my friend has one but its not painted (like most of his stuff... yet... hopefully:huh.: ). Also cool to see you taking on Magnus, great job... I dont have him yet but it seems like a pretty intimidating model to do well.  Impressive efforts man, this is really helping me to try and get my mojo back after not hobbying for like... 6 weeks.

Oh man, Tackling the Brass Scorpion! I love that model, my friend has one but its not painted (like most of his stuff... yet... hopefully:huh.: ). Also cool to see you taking on Magnus, great job... I dont have him yet but it seems like a pretty intimidating model to do well.  Impressive efforts man, this is really helping me to try and get my mojo back after not hobbying for like... 6 weeks.

Inform your friend to REALLY scrub the deep recesses of the Brass Scorpion. I thought I did, and ended up missing mold release agent in some of them. Thankfully it's in an area that will never be seen during normal gameplay (and if it is seen, that means someone will have had to broken it off the base and flipped it over. At that point, I would have already thrown them out the door :laugh.:)

And thanks for the compliment on Magnus! People's feedback means a lot to me, especially since I tend to always think my painting ability is crap.

Now. I've gotten a plan for my Orks (and I'm probably going to start a log in the Orks forum), which involves this guy. Throgg, King of Trolls from Warhammer Fantasy (and also my FAVORITE model Games Workshop has EVER produced, period):

http://whfb.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/1/13/Throgg.jpg

I ordred two, and I'm going to turn one into a Bad Moons Megaboss. I wasn't sure on how large he is, but I do know he comes with a 60mm base (same as a Dreadnought and the AoS Megaboss). Then in Grotsmasha's challenge, BCK posted this helpful size comparison:

If you need a comparison, I have a Throgg model, which is how I knew what parts he was in. Does this help for a size comparison?

sbK6Jsr.png

.... Now I need to figure out how in Gork & Mork's name I'm going to armour that monster :laugh.:

Anyone got ideas? :lol:

Edited by Gederas

.... Now I need to figure out how in Gork & Mork's name I'm going to armour that monster :laugh.:

Anyone got ideas? :laugh.:

If you have spare Dreadnought parts pr simmiar in your bits box then that could work, or just go sreight for plasticard to make it look suitably orky.

Anyone got ideas? :laugh.:

If you have spare Dreadnought parts pr simmiar in your bits box then that could work, or just go sreight for plasticard to make it look suitably orky.

Don't yet have spare Dreadnought parts, but I am getting another Dreadnought soon.

Also, so. Saturday the 22nd of September at 12pm Eastern Standard time marked the 1st annual 40k of 40k at my FLGS (technically we hit FIFTY-EIGHT THOUSAND instead of 40,000 points).

The armies:

1: Adeptus Mechanicus with Knights

2: Grey Knights

3: Tyranids

4: Space Wolves and Knights

5: Adeptus Custodes and Knights

6 & 7: Two separate forces of Necrons

8: Krieg and Imperial Guard

9: Eldar

10: Death Guard and Nurgle Daemons (me)

My list was as such:

Superheavy Auxiliary Detachment:

• Lord of War: Mortarion

Brigade:

• HQ: Typhus
  • HQ: Daemon Prince (Claw, Sword)
  • HQ: Malignant Plaguecaster
  • Troop: Plague Marines x7
  • Troop: Plague Marines x7 (Bubotic Axe x2, Mace of Contagion, Flail of Corruption, Power Fist)
  • Troop: Plague Marines x7 (Plague Belcher, Blight Launcher)
  • Troop: Plague Marines x7 (Power Fist, Plasma Gun)
  • Elite: Noxious Blightbringer
  • Elite: Foul Blightspawn
  • Elite: Biologus Putrifier
  • Elite: Plague Surgeon
  • Elite: Tallyman
  • Elite: Deathshroud Terminators (2 Plaguespurt Guantlets on Champ)
  • FA: Foetid Bloat Drone (2x Plaguespitters)
  • HS: Chaos Land Raider (Combi-bolter, Havoc Launcher)
  • HS: Plagueburst Crawler (Plaguespitters, Rothail Volleygun)
  • HS: Predator (Predator Autocannon, Heavy Bolters x2)
  • HS: Predator (Twin-Lascannon, Lascannons x2)
  • Transport: Rhino (Combi-bolter, Havoc Launcher)

Vanguard Detachment:

• HQ: Lord of Contagion (Manreaper)
  • HQ: Lord of Contation (Plaguereaper)
  • Elite: Blightlord Terminators x5 (x4 Combi-Plasma, x2 Bubotic Axe, x2 Balesword, Flail of Corruption)
  • Elite: Helbrute (Helbrute Plasma Cannon, Helbrute Fist)
  • Elite: Helbrute (2x Helbrute Fist, Heavy Flamers x2)

Outrider Detachment:

• HQ: Daemon Prince of Nurgle (wings, 2x Talons)
  • FA: Myphitic Blight-Haulers x3
  • FA: Foetid Bloat Drone (Fleshmower)

Battalion (Daemons):

• HQ: Rotigus
  • HQ: Epidemius
  • HQ: Sloppity Bilepiper
  • Troop: Plaguebringers x10 (Icon, Instrument)
  • Troop: Nurglings x3
  • Troop: Nurglings x3
  • FA:Plague Drones x6 (Icon, Instrument)
  • HS: Soul Grinder (Sword)

Total:

22 Command Points

6692 points

135 models

The Sons of Barbarus and Nurgle's Daemons began their battle deployed between the Knights of Titan, Tanks of Krieg and the Wolves of Fenris.

qQJA0A9.jpg

tPU74GN.jpg

The beginning was frantic and sketchy, and despite the loss of their Primarch, the Death Guard continued on. Perhaps now seeking vengeance for Mortarion's banishment by the Wulfen. The Eldar's titan was slain by the Grey Knights, it exploding collapse causing a chain reaction of detonations in the Grey Knights and Adeptus Mechanicus' lines, heavily damaging the Predator Destructor and a Rhino of the Death Guard. The Tyranids managed to slay the Soul Grinder, but in destroying it, the Soul Grinder's detonation took the Trygon with it. By the end of the battle, only the Necrons, Eldar, Tyranids and the Death Guard, now lead by Rotigus and Epidemius remained.

Due to the disgusting resilience of Nurgle's chosen sons and his daemons, they managed to win the victory.

Final standings:

1 - Death Guard and Nurgle Daemons (193 Points)

2 - Tyranids (171 Points)

3 - Eldar (79 Points)

4 - Necrons 1 (18 Points)

5 - Adeptus Custodes and Knights (Retired)

6 - Space Wolves and Knights (Retired)

7 - Necrons 2 (Retired)

8 - Adeptus Mechanicus with Knights (Tabled)

9 - Grey Knights (Retired) <and would have won if he stayed>

10 - Krieg & Imperial Guard (Retired)

o8KwUe2.jpg

PzH2Yfg.jpg

6Bj5eC0.jpg

spWMxVT.jpg

JEyfoSq.jpg

yoqnhyh.jpg

ZvCvktj.jpg

6jYhNv6.jpg

YtiZIHt.jpg

tKrJzL6.jpg

KVx6E9p.jpg

Man, triple post? Wow, I'm unpopular tonight :laugh.:

In any case, here's the FULLY finished Khrogar:
NBxvtn9.jpg

206GtIB.jpg

dCs7ozF.jpg

IeBqjRr.jpg

He is INCREDIBLY difficult to get good photos of due to the Mechatendrils.

Also: Brass Scorpion is now 60% done. All that's left is the legs:
37mHBtA.jpg

Also, figured out the Power Klaw situation for my Throggboss. I had a spare Defiler Claw thanks to the Soul Grinder only using one. The boy is for scale:
9MA27z3.jpg

2n25OhU.jpg

Edited by Gederas