Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

.... Now I need to figure out how in Gork & Mork's name I'm going to armour that monster :laugh.:

Anyone got ideas? :laugh.:

Do you want him to be in mega armor or normal armor? I'm not sure how the claw will fit with Throgg as far as scale. Have you gotten yours in the mail yet?

The scorp is coming along nicely, as is Magnus but I just handle the nipple horns. 

.... Now I need to figure out how in Gork & Mork's name I'm going to armour that monster :laugh.:

Anyone got ideas? :laugh.:

Do you want him to be in mega armor or normal armor? I'm not sure how the claw will fit with Throgg as far as scale. Have you gotten yours in the mail yet?

The scorp is coming along nicely, as is Magnus but I just handle the nipple horns. 

I'm planning on him being in Mega Armour. And I haven't yet. I ordered him on Wednesday, and got the confirmation email, but that's it. So he'll be arriving anywhere between now and November 12th.

And judging from the very helpful picture you posted, the Defiler claw will fit onto Throgg very nicely, as the main part of the claw is about the size of a boy, and the one you had in the line-up looks to be roughly the length of Throgg' forearm.

Also, thanks for the compliment on the Scorpion and Magnus!

Armouring that huge guy? hmm... well the easy answer is custom armour out of plasticard... but, if you want to loot some interesting armour... his is big. how about make all of his armour out of vehicle parts? Almost seems like a shame to cover up the details with armour, but I can see why you would need to armour him.

Credit where it's due. I would have commented sooner, but your post isn't showing up in the "My Content" page and didn't know there were updates until came to the WIP forum. 

Ah, okay. Yeah, I've not been getting notifications about threads I've followed.... Which is why I tend to counteract it by keeping the the WIPs board open :lol:

Armouring that huge guy? hmm... well the easy answer is custom armour out of plasticard... but, if you want to loot some interesting armour... his is big. how about make all of his armour out of vehicle parts? Almost seems like a shame to cover up the details with armour, but I can see why you would need to armour him.

That could work yeah. I was 'finking on it more and maybe I could loot some ideas from Gotgutz 'Ead 'Unter's DoWIII incarnation, as he's got a Defiler-based Power Klaw and is wearing Mega Armour.

gorgutz.jpg

681452175534f61b1bb9fc8b29d6fdaf.jpg

... Which actually does look like it's made from vehicle parts :lol:

Credit where it's due. I would have commented sooner, but your post isn't showing up in the "My Content" page and didn't know there were updates until came to the WIP forum. 

Ah, okay. Yeah, I've not been getting notifications about threads I've followed.... Which is why I tend to counteract it by keeping the the WIPs board open :laugh.:

I haven't gotten subscribed thread notifications in... I don't remember how long now. Years. Which is why I quit subscribing to threads, but what I do instead is click on the drop down with my name at the top of the page, click on My Content, and leave that page open so I can see when threads I have posted in are updated, but it doesn't always work. 

If you can find some spare, junky models for cheap from people in your area or Ebay, why not cut up some 40k vehicles to make your troll boss armor? Or large sections of it, anyway. 

If you can find some spare, junky models for cheap from people in your area or Ebay, why not cut up some 40k vehicles to make your troll boss armor? Or large sections of it, anyway.

Hmm.... That could work. Might need to check my FLGS on Wednesday, I think the owner has some old rhinos that could work. Though, of course, that'd feel like sacrilege because they're the OLD rhinos :lol:

Ebayed vehicles is exactly what I was thinking. I've seen a lot knocking around in the past with parts missing, which are cheap to pick up and ideal for scrounging parts... and since your looting it into armour, almost any part would qualify. it would be quite cool if you could actually recognise the vehicle parts though, like the iconic viewports of a rhino.  Also with all the new ork vehicles coming out, I bet a load of old ones go up on ebay, could loot some ork vehicles into armour. 

I'd suggest looking into Warmachine bits too, they work well with Orks.

Hmm... Yeah, Warmachine does have decent bits I could use for my Orks.

Ebayed vehicles is exactly what I was thinking. I've seen a lot knocking around in the past with parts missing, which are cheap to pick up and ideal for scrounging parts... and since your looting it into armour, almost any part would qualify. it would be quite cool if you could actually recognise the vehicle parts though, like the iconic viewports of a rhino.  Also with all the new ork vehicles coming out, I bet a load of old ones go up on ebay, could loot some ork vehicles into armour. 

See, I avoid Ebay because I'm a horrible impulse-spender. So if I were to start buying things on Ebay, I wouldn't stop :lol: That's why I have my friends get things for me on Ebay instead :lol:

No update on Throggboss, but I have worked more on the scrap recovery vehicle:

OWSNwlx.jpg

JtWQIhG.jpg

ip8HdbF.jpg

I mean, the crane has no rules for kill team unlike the other servohaulers, so why not? :lol:

The real question is if I'm going to put that on the back of a trukk, or make it a part of a Battlewagon....

I mean, the crane has no rules for kill team unlike the other servohaulers, so why not? :laugh.:

The real question is if I'm going to put that on the back of a trukk, or make it a part of a Battlewagon....

Battlewagon? Think Bigger. Kill Tank.

That said It would be a fun part of a LiftaWagon.... Built like a Stompa Construction Machine. Like a Huge Tracktor beam and then you could have the wrecking ball and roller and this as a huge Grabing Claw for 'processing' the scrap. 

Edited by Warsmith Uveron

I mean, the crane has no rules for kill team unlike the other servohaulers, so why not? :laugh.:

Battlewagon? Think Bigger. Kill Tank.

That said It would be a fun part of a LiftaWagon.... Built like a Stompa Construction Machine. Like a Huge Tracktor beam and then you could have the wrecking ball and roller and this as a huge Grabing Claw for 'processing' the scrap.

Hmm..... That could work. One of my (to be named.... like most of my Orks :lol) Mek's vehicles. A Looter/Scrapper vehicle.

Since you were already looking at making a Waagh Rig, why not something like a Buzzard excavator?

mG1tWp4.png

Ooooh yeah..... I forgot about that. Hmm... That one could work.

Edited by Gederas

"Oi! Is dis da right channel? Can you lot hear what I's sayin'?" 

-Last words of Krusha da Impersonata when his disguise failed him. 

All joking aside, it's good to swap to something else if you you're getting burned out on a project. 

"Oi! Is dis da right channel? Can you lot hear what I's sayin'?" 

-Last words of Krusha da Impersonata when his disguise failed him. 

All joking aside, it's good to swap to something else if you you're getting burned out on a project. 

:lol: :lol:

And yeah. It is a good idea..... Though I need to keep that constrained to the armies I currently have and not any more, else I'll never get anything done :lol: Right now I'm taking a short break from the Brass Scorpion to work on my Deathwatch as Throgg is still missing in the Warp :lol:

That and I want to take a short break from painting Red and Brass. Because aside from the Knight, that's all my Call of Chaos vow is.

"Good evening Clarice."

Say hello to battle-brother Lektor, Flesh Eater Primaris Veteran of the Devastation of Baal and member of the Deathwatch.
7vRDECh.jpg

One down. At least 4 to go.

Additionally:

vwQX4FN.jpg

First two Primaris Deathwatch marines I make are both Blood Angels (well, Blood Angel successor for the Flesh Eater). What's up with that? :lol:

However, this distraction of Deathwatch has reinvigorated my painting: I'll be finishing my Brass Scorpion since I took a decent enough break from red.

Edited by Gederas

Even though I own several Forge World items, today I went down the rabbit hole on my own:

rxTyPdd.png

My Deathwatch will be getting some reinforcements in terms of big armour and RIP AND TEAR.

Now, to finish my Brass Scorpion, hopefully by Sunday :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Whoa whoa whoa! What's with the Humies?! Seeing some Mad Max-esque orkiness and then you bring in the xenos party-crashers:teehee:

All kidding aside the Deathwatch are looking good. Excited to see you put those FW bits to work.

Because I'm waiting for my Ork stuff and for me to finish my Call of Chaos vow. :lol: And one of my friends is starting a Kill Team league at our FLGS, and I want to bring Deathwatch for it.

... That and I tend to have a very random work habit for my 40k stuff :lol:

You're modeling Tyberos as a Deathwatch member, not as the Carcharodons' leader?

Yeah, pretty much. I'm planning on doing that with Lufgt Huron too :lol:

Because I want to have some unique-looking Marines for my Deathwatch. So Tyberos being made into a normal Veteran for the Carcharodons works.

.... Though it might have been smarter to make Tyberos' weapons solely Lightning Claws and not what they are. Ah well :lol: