Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

No updates regarding minis. My base brush died this week (rip) which means I can't paint until Sunday (get paid Friday, Sunday is my next day off from then). However, I do have one thing that will likely be showing up in this (or a dedicated Inq28/Necromunda) thread soon:

IlQsDt3.jpg

I have a mighty need for this lady for my Ordo Hereticus' Inquisitor's group. Definitely.

Nice work with these latest models! Where did you get all those WE icons, etched brass?

And I vote silver for the tools, I think brass should be left for trim and such decorative elements. Gives a sense of functionality to tools and weapons.

On Ronogar? He's made from the 30k Khârn model, which has all the WE icons embossed onto the armour.

And I vote silver for the tools, I think brass should be left for trim and such decorative elements. Gives a sense of functionality to tools and weapons.

Seconded. With maybe an exception or two for the trim on the vials directly above his head and on the actual backpack, just to break up all of the silver here and there.

Seconded. With maybe an exception or two for the trim on the vials directly above his head and on the actual backpack, just to break up all of the silver here and there.

I think silver is a better color for a chirurgeon, due to the metal's historical association with healing, as noted in its Wikipedia and 1d4chan articles.

Silver it is, with some brass elements on the vials.

Also:

*SNIKT*

WiPIyb4.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Zephon’s looking terrific Gederas. And yes, you can’t go wrong with silver for those arms and tools, with brass accents

Those are some wicked looking claws on that marine! Where are they from?

Zephon’s looking terrific Gederas. And yes, you can’t go wrong with silver for those arms and tools, with brass accents

Those are some wicked looking claws on that marine! Where are they from?

Thanks!

And they're from the Warp Talons kit, seen on the champion:

99120102038_WarpTalonsNEW_01.jpg

I simply shaved off all of the chaos filigree.

Huh, that title seems familar... :wink:

Zephon's looking great! A very creative use of that particular stock model!

I totally didn't loot your Fabius Bile counts-as' title for my own Fabius Bile counts-as :lol: That being said, it is a good title.

And thanks! Literally when I first saw the Primaris Chaplain I just KNEW I found what was needed for Zephon.

Zephon looks awesome! I really enjoy that flesh cape, great greenstuffing

And thanks for the pic of the talons. I knew they looked a bit familiar, but couldn’t for the life of me place them

You did a good job on the Apothecary (or "Medicae"- is that a pre-Heresy title?).

Zephon, Chooser of the Slain and Keeper of the Seed, Primus Medicae of the World Eaters’ Thirty-Second Company:

FINISHED

4hGTRPd.jpg

Looking at the painted head and the exposed teeth (a skull mask? or were his lips removed?), I wonder if Zephon also bears the title of "Immortan."

Zephon looks awesome! I really enjoy that flesh cape, great greenstuffing

And thanks for the pic of the talons. I knew they looked a bit familiar, but couldn’t for the life of me place them

Thanks! The flesh cape was actually nowhere near as hard as I was expecting it to be. Just took a decent amount of greenstuff and poking it with tweezers (yes, really :lol:)

You did a good job on the Apothecary (or "Medicae"- is that a pre-Heresy title?).

Looking at the painted head and the exposed teeth (a skull mask? or were his lips removed?), I wonder if Zephon also bears the title of "Immortan."

Medicae is a pre-Heresy term for Apothecary, Primus Medicae is essentially the head of the Apothecarion of that chapter/company.

And it's a skull mask (one of the Primaris Reiver heads actually). Unsure if he has the title of Immortan, but he is notably hard to put down. It pays being the best doctor in a legion who are very good at dismantling organic targets :lol:

Zephon looks wicked man, fantastic effort. His robe reminds me of the humonculi of the Drukhari.

Looking forward to the Deathwatch.

Heumy what happened with the Primork, did you make a start, have any ideas?

I have a WIP/Plog for my Deathwatch in the Deathwatch section. It's usually got more images than the one here, simply because I want to avoid cluttering this thread up, since it's a general WIP thread.

As to the Megaboss, I've got to get a Deff Dread before continuing, and money is tight right now. So he's taking a back seat. Plus, that one's going to take a while to do with all the greenstuff needed to build him.

"There is no me, there is no you! There is only the never ending spit and bile of combat! The twenty-four hour murder spree of shining metal! I drink the blood and eat the loot and breathe the numbers, because I! AM! A MONSTER! NOW AND FOREVER!"

Krieg is done:
YxpaZAt.jpg
kckAUz5.jpg

ZCAplT7.jpg

tlFDUP7.jpg

And a size comparison in case you forgot. He's a big lad.

P112bsb.jpg

And the comparison. It's quite clearly supposed to be the same character.

d7WnytE.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Looking great! Two small suggestions, though:

• I think the model would profit from some orange on the facemask -- maybe an orange stripe down the centre of the forehead, above the rebreather? The "original" Krieg also has it, and I think it would serve to tie both halves of the model together even better, from a colour standpoint.
  • You could also think about adding some really subtle blood spatter to the area around the weapon blade (including the guy's hands, maybe? With such a messy weapon, it stands to reason that the blood spatter wouldn't stay limited to the actual blade). This one is more of an optional thing, though, depending on how confident you are feeling about adding a subtle blood effect.

Looking great! Two small suggestions, though:

• I think the model would profit from some orange on the facemask -- maybe an orange stripe down the centre of the forehead, above the rebreather? The "original" Krieg also has it, and I think it would serve to tie both halves of the model together even better, from a colour standpoint.
  • You could also think about adding some really subtle blood spatter to the area around the weapon blade (including the guy's hands, maybe? With such a messy weapon, it stands to reason that the blood spatter wouldn't stay limited to the actual blade). This one is more of an optional thing, though, depending on how confident you are feeling about adding a subtle blood effect.

Thanks!

On the points:

I probably should add the orange to the facemask, yes. And I did add some blood splatter on his hands. Look at his right hand's colouration compared to his left hand. Though, clearly it's TOO subtle :lol: