Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Looking great! Two small suggestions, though:

• I think the model would profit from some orange on the facemask -- maybe an orange stripe down the centre of the forehead, above the rebreather? The "original" Krieg also has it, and I think it would serve to tie both halves of the model together even better, from a colour standpoint.
  • You could also think about adding some really subtle blood spatter to the area around the weapon blade (including the guy's hands, maybe? With such a messy weapon, it stands to reason that the blood spatter wouldn't stay limited to the actual blade). This one is more of an optional thing, though, depending on how confident you are feeling about adding a subtle blood effect.

Thanks!

On the points:

I probably should add the orange to the facemask, yes. And I did add some blood splatter on his hands. Look at his right hand's colouration compared to his left hand. Though, clearly it's TOO subtle :laugh.:

Oh, right, saw it! The effect's probably fine -- I think the photo was definitely to blame.

That's awesome! Sweet mini, he dynamite is a nice touch:)

Now I feel like playing borderlands again, which I really don't have time for:)

I couldn't stick the dynamite on his axe, so I had to put it SOMEWHERE :lol:

Looking great! Two small suggestions, though:

• I think the model would profit from some orange on the facemask -- maybe an orange stripe down the centre of the forehead, above the rebreather? The "original" Krieg also has it, and I think it would serve to tie both halves of the model together even better, from a colour standpoint.
  • You could also think about adding some really subtle blood spatter to the area around the weapon blade (including the guy's hands, maybe? With such a messy weapon, it stands to reason that the blood spatter wouldn't stay limited to the actual blade). This one is more of an optional thing, though, depending on how confident you are feeling about adding a subtle blood effect.

Thanks!

On the points:

I probably should add the orange to the facemask, yes. And I did add some blood splatter on his hands. Look at his right hand's colouration compared to his left hand. Though, clearly it's TOO subtle :laugh.:

Oh, right, saw it! The effect's probably fine -- I think the photo was definitely to blame.

Well, I took your advice and made the blood a bit more noticable. I also put the stripes on his mask. Much better now.

h9wThha.jpg

gZrtryf.jpg

Very niiiice maaan. That looks well cool, you should also post that up over in the homages thread... which I was about to link here until I saw that you already did that XD

Well done, really nice work.

I actually posted it there first before posting it here :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive.

Thanks! I forgot to take pictures of the Brass Scorpion and Alaz'Batyr, but they're getting progress. I have, however, remembered to take a picture of the marine with the two-handed sword from last page.

So, here's a progress update of Battle-Brother [Name to be decided, definitely will be something Germanic], Black Templars, on a semi-permanent secondment to the also as-of-yet to be named Ordo Hereticus inquisitor.

IOUJkh6.jpg

The idea is that, he's not QUITE an Emperor's Champion, but is the sole survivor of his squad and received a vision after having his wounds tended to by the Inquisitor's medicae, and requested a secondment to the Inquisitor's group (that and he also feels like he owes a debt to the Inquisitor, and has a bit of survivor's guilt since he's the reason why his squad was killed). Essentially, he's basically Emperor's Champion, but hasn't had the vision required to be officially recognized as one by the Black Templars. He's gotten a very well-crafted sword, and his armour's been finely upgraded and modified by the Inquisitor's acolytes.

Still need to do a surcoat (it's not a tabard, no Black Templar has ever been depicted in a tabard....) in greenstuff. Which will take a while :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Halfway done with my CoC vow:

Alaz'batyr, "The Skullgrinder", Wrathsmith of Khorne, lord of the vessel Hammer of Khorne
Former member of the Salamanders Legion, survivor of the Battle of Isstvan V, also known as the Drop Site Massacre.

hHkrTqv.jpg

lZZNQx5.jpg

ZxBTzev.jpg

Dl1Bb0m.jpg

zSWNv0n.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Alaz'batyr looks great, but why did he betray his gene-father and his battle-brothers, and when? Did he betray them BEFORE the Drop Site Massacre, maybe by transmitting details of the Salamanders' deployment to the World Eaters, whom he considered his "true brothers," as he had no sense of kinship towards those who shared his gene-seed? DURING, maybe because he desperately called to anyone and anything that would aid him in surviving the battle, and Khorne answered because the Blood God cares not from whom the blood flows, only that it does? AFTER, maybe because he was captured and then tortured and hypnotized into betraying his oaths of allegiance, as Zhufor was?

Looking good!

Thanks! I was able to figure out how to fix the pose. :lol:

It took some clever cutting of corkboard, and gluing his right foot at an angle to make him more upright.

Alaz'batyr looks great, but why did he betray his gene-father and his battle-brothers, and when? Did he betray them BEFORE the Drop Site Massacre, maybe by transmitting details of the Salamanders' deployment to the World Eaters, whom he considered his "true brothers," as he had no sense of kinship towards those who shared his gene-seed? DURING, maybe because he desperately called to anyone and anything that would aid him in surviving the battle, and Khorne answered because the Blood God cares not from whom the blood flows, only that it does? AFTER, maybe because he was captured and then tortured and hypnotized into betraying his oaths of allegiance, as Zhufor was?

When did he betray? During the Massacre.

I'm still writing out the fluff for him, but he was (keyword, WAS) a Loyalist during that battle. Afterwards, not so much. Even space marines can develop shell shock.

This is a relevant set of quotes for him (latter being himself speaking):

"Are you insane?"

"I crossed the precipice of madness and I staggered out the other side. However, it still clings to my heels."

What exactly that means, will be explained later.

"I crossed the precipice of madness and I staggered out the other side. However, it still clings to my heels."

Great lines. To me, they suggest a Daemon attempted to possess the former Salamander, and was expelled from his body- or it hid itself deep inside his psyche, letting its puppet delude himself into thinking he's free, as the Daemon slowly but steadily turns the former Salamander's loyalties away from the Anathema.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Great lines. To me, they suggest a Daemon attempted to possess the former Salamander, and was expelled from his body- or it hid itself deep inside his psyche, letting its puppet delude himself into thinking he's free, as the Daemon slowly but steadily turns the former Salamander's loyalties away from the Anathema.

No.... Wasn't possessed. Isstvan V broke him, but did not destroy him. It will be explained later on.

Additionally: Only six pieces left on the Brass Scorpion!

Azy3FDC.jpg

pBmvUIA.jpg

I've also did some work on two of the true-scale marines based on people at my FLGS, a Salamander based on the Salamanders player, and an Emperor's Spear based on... Well, me :lol:

0aUZXpJ.jpg

AUDJAww.jpg

That Emperor's Spear conversion is great - It's so simple and looks spot-on! I hope you don't mind me stealing that one...

Feel free to!

If you want the parts list: It's literally just the Heavy Thunder Hammer from the Deathwatch Kill-Team, in fact, the same one the Salamander is wielding there, it's just posed with the arms tilted upwards. It's the second hammer assembly, parts 63, 64 and 65. I flipped the butt of the spear to the top and used the power generator from the hammer. The spear's tip is from the AoS Dark Aelves Dreadspears.

Ever do so much spray-priming in a short time you can FEEL yourself getting wasted up by the fumes?

I just experienced that. :lol:

In any case, big girl's base is all primed and ready to get properly painted.

T2Jtbsn.jpg

I'm... taking a little break from painting while I come down from the high.

Edited by Gederas

IT! IS! FINIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISHED!

YauCTl6.jpg

Q5Q7AqC.jpg

nDb0JPk.jpg

JW62gAB.jpg

OFFdiRc.jpg

ZuavjzU.jpg

Base not included because I was an idiot and build up the corkboard BEFORE gluing the legs together, so now she doesn't sit right on the base :lol:

And now, to bring her to her new home: My FLGS' display cabinet, because she doesn't fit anywhere in my apartment presently :lol:

I can tell the camera doesn't do it any proper justice, but nice job. Shame about the lack of space, though I'm sure something can go to make space - I recommend any parental units on the spouse's side first :teehee:

I can tell the camera doesn't do it any proper justice, but nice job. Shame about the lack of space, though I'm sure something can go to make space - I recommend any parental units on the spouse's side first :teehee:

It's more because the only background I could use to take pictures was my painting chair.

And she's not a spouse, and I don't think it matters with her parents since they're in Italy and we're in the USA..... :lol: The issue is my 'apartment' is really just the redone attic of my house I have a decent square-footage, the issue is the slanted ceilings

So.... Painting the Pre-Heresy Candy Red of the Thousand Sons ends up making a model look like it's a Custode because they use the same base colour and wash (Retributor Armour & Reikland Fleshshade)

6Ibi9um.jpg

God this thing is going to be obnoxiously shiny when it's done :lol: