Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

Stunning work Gederas, I love the sandstone colour of Curze's base, really makes him stand out.

Why thank you! The sandstone was an experiment, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I might invest in a LOT of Skeleton Horde myself so I can paint my terrain that's been sitting unprimed since the original Kill-Team starter box came out :lol:

Excellent work on Sanguinius and the Night Haunter.

Thank you kindly.

absolute jaw dropping work all round 

Aaw, stop, you're making me blush :wub: :lol:

Yes, that looks like the right amount of blood for the lord of the eighth. Nice work!

Thanks! Now that I've completed Curze, I'm gonna start some work on some more.... Chaotic things for my Night Lords. I've got a squad of Plague Marines I had an idea for. Just need to get three more (and a set of the Mark III Night Lords shoulders)

Fun times ahead:

I Gederas answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete the following units before December 15th 2019:

• 10 Plague Marines (2 Blight Launchers, Power Fist, Plasma Gun and Plaguesword on Champion, 7 Bolters)
  • One Nurgle-marked Sorcerer (Force Staff)
  • One Chaos Lord with Jump Pack (Lightning Claws)
  • One Tzeentch-marked Sorcerer (Force Sword)
  • Two units of 6 Chaos Marines (Combi-bolter on Champion, Reaper Chaincannon, 4 Bolters)

All from the Night Lords Legion.

If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Pictures will come later tonight as I've got to go to my local GW for some Warhammer night now :laugh.:

OyxuUck.jpg

6Vp84wZ.jpg

MprSDyV.jpg

lRRqMmC.jpg

Quick update for the CoC vow:

Got 9 of the Plague Marines (need to get the Champion after Friday), the Nurgle Sorcerer (second from the right in the back), the Jump Pack Lord (rightmost in the front) and the Tzeentch Sorcerer (front, unbased because I had to remove him from his base because I couldn't paint the backs of his legs due to his base :laugh.:) basecoated with Night Lords blue.

tDwi9sf.jpg

Up next: Trim, cloth and metal bits, then washes.

I

LOVE

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!

pjYBLe4.jpg

A distraction from all the blue I'm painting, decided to get started on my Custodes, since I'm using them in the 1k Grow Campaign that's starting on Wednesday.

Edit: Got them all shaded. Much better

ujrKYgY.jpg

Edited by Gederas

And that's where I end the painting tonight:
TbBw9Ib.jpg

Just need to highlight the leather, red tassels and silver areas. Then it's just doing the swords and the gems and these six are done. Ended up doing most of the work on the Sword&Board guys because I want them to be fully assembled by Wednesday when the 1k Campaign starts.

Additionally, I started with the sculpting of the Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike's face

ZDK3fWX.jpg

Ah, the sparkle boyz are looking sharp! Nice sculpting work on that head, too!

Thanks! I've realized the beard is slightly off-center, but that can be fixed (I believe) once everything has cured. I'm basing the Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike (this one at least) on Iskandar (as in: Alexander the Great) from the Fate/ series.

RiderIskandarStage3.png

Iskandar_Fate_Extella.png

Got a bit of work ahead of me still with his hair..... :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

• 2 weeks later...

The gold on those is really intense, looks great!

You're talking about the Custodes right? 'cause the Night Lords are using bronze (recipe 100% stolen from our own Skimaskmohawk) If you are referring to the Custodes: Thanks. The daylight LED bulb in my desk lamp makes them seem even brighter than they actually are. :lol:

Ya the custodes, they look awesome!

Ah, okay. Thanks!

Reallly nice job on the glowing visors of the Night Lords! And I like the sparse application of the lightning motif.

Thanks! I'm actually really proud of the OSL on the eye lenses. Glad they look good to people other than just me :laugh.:

And the sparse lightning is mainly because the Plague Marines do not have a lot of areas you can put it due to how corroded and degraded the armour is. The regular Chaos Marines will have a bit more than they do.

.... that and the lightning is to draw attention to the blue armour and hide the fact that it's not very highlighted, because I don't feel you should highlight Plague Marines a ton, as they're SUPPOSED to be dirty and dingy :lol:

Edited by Gederas

A friend of mine go me a present for my birthday this month from Kromlech:

23FXTQu.jpg

Yes, that's what it looks like :laugh.:

Additionally, Brother Bors of the Black Templars is now 90% done

hFFfa2B.jpg

Somehow missed the silver on his crotch..... Gonna have to clean that up :lol:

And I decided to get ahead of the painting queue for some of the other Black Templar models:

WjwiRel.jpg

SrtMdBW.jpg

Edited by Gederas