Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gederas' Forge - Return to Dark Angels (Pg 29)

wip dark angels death guard khorne world eaters khorne daemonkin renegades & heretics orks Night Lords

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,146 posts

You know what I don't look forward to?

Painting another two of these damned things. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to make a model that's 70% trim?
zIWN8QJ.jpg

bHmlUsg.jpg

Thankfully, progress is going along great on my Heldrake. The OSL is done, head is attached and the Lightning on the body is getting blocked out. Also in the second picture you can see the way I've got to secure the wings now, as I've modified this Heldrake to look more like a small fighter jet.

The best jump packs ever. How are you gonna duplicate them? 

Simple: Gonna mold and cast them laugh.png

Fair enough. biggrin.png I was curious because after one of my gaming buddies did a few casts I'm looking into doing it myself with blue stuff moulds. 

See, I was thinking of that, but I've heard Blue Stuff moulds are a bit of an issue when it comes to making really good casts. I'll post results once I'm able to actually..... Make them laugh.png

Edit: Finished the Heldrake:
LAZfrzM.jpg

AaIkpyn.jpg

RxHVuUG.jpg

Also really proud of the base:

do42Y0Y.jpg

Edited by Gederas, 23 March 2020 - 06:27 PM.

• Majkhel likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,146 posts

Got some Warp Talons nearly done today:
pbU0dtu.jpg

Sadly, I can't fully finish them until after GW opens back up.... Because they re-routed both of my orders back to Memphis because of the shutdown of their stores until April 14th at the earliest down.gif.

So this is how finished these five will be until April 22nd at the earliest....

• Llagos_Tyrant likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,146 posts

Well, since I can't do my Night Lords now because of the WuFlu thing, I'm back to working on my favorites.

Time to continue on my Dark Angels. Got the 10 Cataphractii primed and ready:
adzy2Xv.jpg
0YcnMDB.jpg

• Llagos_Tyrant and Sagentus like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,884 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

I heard you, and here's a comment to keep this thread going. 

If we want this to be a forum we should invest in discours, people! 

I'm liking the Jet-drake - smart move getting rig of the neck - and that base is gorgous. Keep up the good work!

• Gederas likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,146 posts

I heard you, and here's a comment to keep this thread going. 

If we want this to be a forum we should invest in discours, people! 

I'm liking the Jet-drake - smart move getting rig of the neck - and that base is gorgous. Keep up the good work!

Hear hear! :P

And thank you! I was more proud of the base than the model itself, who would have thought.... :lol:

In other news, two 5-man Cataphractii squads are now done for my Dark Angels:
ct0bhbe.jpg

• Sgt. Blank, Llagos_Tyrant, Augustus b'Raass and 3 others like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,884 posts
  • Faction: KDK, VII, VIII

Love those miniatrues adn the paintwork you did on them, buddy! 

They're not done, though, are they? I see some very bare bases.... :P

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,146 posts

Love those miniatrues adn the paintwork you did on them, buddy! 

They're not done, though, are they? I see some very bare bases.... tongue.png

Can't base them because I dont have any more Sector Imperialis 40mm bases, and GW isn't open for another week at the earliest. :P

Llagos_Tyrant

Llagos_Tyrant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Those Cataphractii look awesome. The Dark Angels Heresy scheme is so crisp and sleek. They're definitely one of the top ones I'm thinking about if I get into HH.

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15808_13455.pnggallery_48988_15094_4883.png

Hobby on Instagram at @GrimDarkHobby

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,503 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I agree that Cataphractii turned out really good - 1st Legion colour scheme is really works for them. It's simple, but it makes them look huge and menacing. I'm missing a bit of  individuality among the models as would befit the users of Catphractii suits, but the unit feel is definitely there. Good job!

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifsml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pnggallery_48988_15094_7762.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13390.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13750.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_1612.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Those are nice Cataphractii and you've made the shoulder pads work. I agree with Frater Majkhel about the lack of individuality, maybe some heraldry on the kneepads would add more character to the individuals. As it is, they are a gorgeous unit! 

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpgMy Works in Progress

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,146 posts

Those Cataphractii look awesome. The Dark Angels Heresy scheme is so crisp and sleek. They're definitely one of the top ones I'm thinking about if I get into HH.

Thanks! Cataphractii is honestly my favorite of the three Marine terminator armour marks.

I agree that Cataphractii turned out really good - 1st Legion colour scheme is really works for them. It's simple, but it makes them look huge and menacing. I'm missing a bit of  individuality among the models as would befit the users of Catphractii suits, but the unit feel is definitely there. Good job!

Thanks! And yeah, they need some more individuality touches, but I'm gonna wait until I have more done.

Those are nice Cataphractii and you've made the shoulder pads work. I agree with Frater Majkhel about the lack of individuality, maybe some heraldry on the kneepads would add more character to the individuals. As it is, they are a gorgeous unit! 

Thanks! I'll be adding heraldry once book 9 comes out, so I can reference it to make sure my heraldry isn't incorrect :lol:

In other news, I've gotten some priming done because hey, we've finally had decent weather over here in "the most spastic weather in the United States (and possibly the world?)" New England :lol:

8QLUeKD.jpg

rTyyseR.jpg

What you see in the first picture is all of my Ravenwing, barring two Attack Bikes, Ravenwing Apothecary, Librarian on Bike, Ravenwing Ancient, Interrogator-Chaplain on Bike, Dark Shroud, Talonmaster and Dark Talon. So in that box in total that's: 21 Ravenwing Bikers, 6 Black Knights, a Land Speeder, Ravenwing Champion and Sammael on Sableclaw

The second is 10 more Hellblasters. The other 10 have to wait until I get more shoulder pads to prime them.

• Sagentus likes this

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Looking forward to seeing the Ravenwing with paint on them!!

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpgMy Works in Progress

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wip, dark angels, death guard, khorne, world eaters, khorne daemonkin, renegades & heretics, orks, Night Lords

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)