Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gederas' Forge - Return to Dark Angels (Pg 29)

wip dark angels death guard khorne world eaters khorne daemonkin renegades & heretics orks Night Lords

• Please log in to reply
760 replies to this topic

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

After a couple months of inactivity with my Night Lords, brought on by Covid19's closedown of Games Workshop, I've gotten something I ordered back in March :lol:

The WIP of Tarsus Vorgan 'the Undying'

1tNzzeW.jpg

As of right now, he's done until I get another box of Chaos Terminators so I can get a left-handed Combi-Bolter.

• Surreal Cruelty, Augustus b'Raass and Aeternus like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

In other news, I stripped the Iron Warriors Primaris Marines.

Because I finished reading a book that reminded me what my Codex: Space Marines force was going to be originally.

BvXvTwv.jpg

guJuCze.jpg

Skovakarah uhl zarûn!

• Spaced Hulk, Surreal Cruelty, Grotsmasha and 2 others like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,973 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

That's a cool colour scheme, but I don't recognize the chapter - Which book did you finish reading?

• Gederas likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

That's a cool colour scheme, but I don't recognize the chapter - Which book did you finish reading?

Thanks! And it was Spear of the Emperor by Aaron Demski-Bowden, said Chapter is the Emperor's Spears.

BadgersinHills

BadgersinHills

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 532 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords.

Love Emperor's Spears. Good painting - I was planning to do an Emperor's Spears army but didn't get around to it, I'll use yours for inspiration. :) 

Maybe you could model TWC-sized "were-templars" who's inner Templar took over in the fury of battle transforming them into a giant half man - half templar?

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpg. gallery_48988_16228_1694.png gallery_48988_16228_15684.png      

My Works in Progress

Profile picture by Julie Hang as part of Mermay. 

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

Finished a second Spear today:

1kOmDkJ.jpg

• Grotsmasha, BadgersinHills, Sagentus and 2 others like this

Sagentus

Sagentus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,614 posts

really like these, the paleness of the blue goes so nicely with the gold!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

really like these, the paleness of the blue goes so nicely with the gold!

Thanks!

In other news, my Master Lazarus and Primaris Ancient are done:
F6PrFnw.jpg

U5rE04p.jpg

Just need some final highlights here and there on both, and also a Transfer icon for the center (and some more Micron pens to do the scroll) and some weathering powders to finish him a bit better than the light drybrush of Ulthuan Grey around their feet

Also, some more support for my Dark Angels from Forge World should be arriving soon:
FHi9hmF.jpg

• Augustus b'Raass, Galloway, Sagentus and 1 other like this

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,973 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

Those are soem wicked cool miniatures, dude.

A stern point of critique though: if you can do faces as well as you did on the Captain,  you can do FAR better on the robe highlights on the Standard Bearer. Go back to it and improve those, because you're selling yourself short, if you ask me. 

• Gederas likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

Those are soem wicked cool miniatures, dude.

A stern point of critique though: if you can do faces as well as you did on the Captain,  you can do FAR better on the robe highlights on the Standard Bearer. Go back to it and improve those, because you're selling yourself short, if you ask me. 

Thanks!

And.... Yeah, I can. It just requires glazing. And I hate having to do that because it takes so frigging long laugh.png But I really should do that, yeah.

I'll likely do more touching up on the robes when I go to finish the model.

Edited by Gederas, 10 July 2020 - 01:41 PM.

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,729 posts

Forge World order showed up, Leviathan is built (in sub-assemblies, I'm not a lunatic :lol:) but I did throw him together with poster tac to take this picture:
g9YQafi.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wip, dark angels, death guard, khorne, world eaters, khorne daemonkin, renegades & heretics, orks, Night Lords

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users