Gederas' Forge - Resurrection! 40k World Eaters & 30k Ultramarines (Pg 35)

Gederas

First member of my Word Bearers Daemonkin force done and ready for priming, a Nurgle-Marked Sorcerer. Though, I'm stuck between two head options.

HUfMNxD.jpg

I'm leaning towards the latter.

Additionally, one of the Greater Possessed SERIOUSLY looks like a football pose.... so I've converted him a bit. To make him look even more like a football player :laugh.:
Wq72VbH.jpg

6avU6tV.jpg

Need to do a little greenstuff gap-filling on his elbow, but yeah. I'm honestly thinking of getting the Chaos Blood Bowl Team to get one of the spiky footballs and sticking it in his hand and not telling anyone at my FLGS (aside from the one guy who I told already) to see if anyone notices during games.

Edited by Gederas

Second head looks better/more Sorceror-ish.

I agree. I decided to use it instead.

Speaking of which:

Benedictus

Et Affectus

Benedictus

Hallelujah

And we die by the sword

eternal life our reward

and we carry our lust all alone

To the Gods we are sworn

in desire transform

we're not blessed

when undressed to the bone

In the night we can't rest

in the dark we are blessed

and in moonlight we fight for the Father

We are brave to the heart

blood and fire we part

and forever we pray for we are

Blessed and Possessed

Blessed and Possessed

Blessed and Possessed

Hallelujah

JgEQijc.jpg
yrPFpDN.jpg
o2Chv73.jpg
BR8qg5K.jpg
aB6z3OY.jpg
oAKGw7f.jpg
ybq0r13.jpg
o4atWEr.jpg

Man, these new Chaos Marines look awesome. I can't wait to see how they do the Berzerkers and Noise Marines.

They look glorious together!

Late to the party but +1 for the second head for the Sorcerer and I like the possessed. Simple, but effective to make him look different (he is my fave out the the two in the box incidentally) :tu:

EDIT - Is that Zhufors axe I spot in that marine horde?

Edited by Midnight Runner

They look glorious together!

Late to the party but +1 for the second head for the Sorcerer and I like the possessed. Simple, but effective to make him look different (he is my fave out the the two in the box incidentally) :thumbsup:

EDIT - Is that Zhufors axe I spot in that marine horde?

Yeah, I realized that shortly after posting that the hooded head was better for the Nurgle Sorcerer.

And yeah. I have to convert the Possessed. I have 6 of them, two sets of three in identical poses. So that needed to change :laugh.:

And good eyes. That is indeed Zhufor's axe. I ordered two of him, one to build as-is, the other to make a cool icon-bearer for my World Eaters. Which left me with his axe left over. So I modified one of the Champions to be Power axe/Bolt Pistol.

Additionally speaking of World Eaters, while my World Eaters are my favorites, I'll be working on the Word Bearers as my Chaos Force a bit more. Gives me more stuff to play with.

I'm already thinking, since this is going to be a Daemon Engine-focused force, along with Daemon summoning and Possessed and since it's an undivided army, some Cult Troops (definitely going to use the Blightlords/Scarab Occult as marked Terminators). Seeing as how I've made a Tzeentch Sorcerer and a Nurgle Sorcerer, all I need is a Slaaneshi one. Might make a Dark Apostle with the Mark of Khorne for the Berzerkers.

Edited by Gederas

We ride on the wind we ride through the sky
Like unholy Birds of War we fly
We bring agony and insanity
Once blessed by the light now serving the night
And soon cursed by every man on earth
We follow our lust, in no god we trust

Come join us
Leave this world behind and you will find satisfaction
Fight on our side you cannot hide from us forever more

Now mankind will pay from this very day
Every man on Earth will curse his birth
We spread fear and pain, resist us in vain
We march in the dark your kind is our mark
Avoid the daylight in dark we fight
We'll control your souls you'll end up like ghouls

iLKytgN.jpg

8Eyuwp9.jpg

Since I ended up with 7 Greater Possessed, and I didn't want that many, I started a jump pack lord for my Word Bearers. He's on the cusp of Ascension or Spawndom. I just need to get a box of Vargheists for his wings.

I realize that my Word Bearers force is gonna be heavy on the gribbly stuff, Possessed, Spawn, etc. So next month I'll be getting myself a Mhara Gal and Gal Vorbak, along with the transfer sheet.

Edited by Gederas

Some gnarly (in the good way) looking miniatures you've got here. Definitely going to steal the Hexwrath for the plasma & the eyes. :thumbsup:

Edited by Syward

And an update on what I've been doing with my Dark Angels:
HLOpj49.jpg

Primaris Azrael

Some gnarly (in the good way) looking miniatures you've got here. Definitely going to steal the Hexwrath for the plasma & the eyes. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

And feel free to steal away. I'm probably not the first one to come up with that idea for the Plasma, but hey :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Status update on Rubicon Ezekiel:

SpEacle.jpg

Most of the colours on his main body have been blocked in. Just need to do the silver (on the soft armour of his armour and his bionic eye) and skin. Then it's highlighting

Finally caught up on all of this. Last I remembered you had Mad Max ork and now a bit of everything. :tongue.:

The work and paint on the DA look great but I am really looking forward to seeing some paint on that Daemonkin force you've assembled.

Those Orks are still being worked on, but I'm deciding to focus on only two armies right now, being my Dark Angels and my Chaos Undivided.

I ended up choosing a different Legion for my Undivided Chaos Marines though, because while I like the Word Bearers, I really cannot stand playing them with their non-trait.

The final choice for my undivided force?

Ave Dominus Nox!

9f740666b384d2acf46a8848f89ba157.jpg

I just need to do some orders of the Finecast Night Lords upgrade sprue

Edited by Gederas

I'm way out of touch with the rules but nothing beats rule of cool, of which the Night Lords are masters!

Are you going with actual GW finecast or with FW upgrades? I had a few set of the gw stuff and it's pretty dated. Only thing worthwhile were the shoulder pads. I also remember the helmets being a bit smaller and hade to work on those.

I'm way out of touch with the rules but nothing beats rule of cool, of which the Night Lords are masters!

Are you going with actual GW finecast or with FW upgrades? I had a few set of the gw stuff and it's pretty dated. Only thing worthwhile were the shoulder pads. I also remember the helmets being a bit smaller and hade to work on those.

Word Bearers get, as their army super special rule, And they Shall Know No Fear. And that's it. It's terrible :lol:

And yes, the Night Lords definitely are kings of the Rule of Cool. Especially since, having had practice, I know I can get right into the brutal, sadistic nature with my modelling and paintjobs.

And I'm looking at getting the GW finecast. And it's mainly for just the shoulders. The heads.... Yeah, no. I'm tossing those out :lol:

I'll be getting the Forge World shoulders, such as the Mark III shoulders for Plague Marines. The FW Terror Squad heads are a definite go for my normal guys, definitely.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you forgot the K in his name on the shoulder pad.

Don't worry, someone pointed that out to me already. I fixed it (and also put his name on his back banner), but didn't take any new pictures :lol:

Excellent work on that Son of Lorgar.

Errr.... What? Do you not see the blue armour and lightning? :laugh.:

I ended up switching to Night Lords because Word Bearers.... Well, I might as well be running a non-battleforged army with how bad their Legion Trait is. Night Lords though? I like their ability, and always liked the Night Lords colour scheme.

Edited by Gederas

My mistake in assuming a Master of Possessions would serve Lorgar instead of the Night Haunter. (Talos, protagonist of Aaron Dembski-Bowden's novels, loathes Chaos almost as much as he does the Imperium and those who ruke it in the Emperor's name; I shouldn't have assumed other Night Lords shared his opinion.)