Pre-Codex RoundTable: What Have You Learned?

Hello all, a question for everyone inclined to dive into this discussion.

Our Codex arrives in May, true.

Until then, and, hopefully, after our Codex is released, this discussion will make vastly more sense, at that time.

What have you learned about how to deal with the new Edition, and inventive ways to run the Wolves, thus far? Yes, once the new Codex arrives, we will have more options and a pretty solid new set of choices at that. Above all, new strategies and tactics to have to learn and figure out how to apply on the table.

Please actually see if you can provide examples; I would like this thread to continue after the new Codex drops, so that we can compare and contrast as the situation changes. Having just Index: Imperium 1 and Chapter Approved 2017 as our current options to choose from, once the Codex lands, we get even more options to apply to our units.

1 - What units do you feel are underperforming? Why?

2 - What units do you feel are doing alright, and are solid choices? Why?

3 - What units are your go-to performers? Who more than carries their weight? Why?

4 - How have the various Primaris performed thus far for those that are using them? Why, if you know? If not, let's see if we as a group of players can piece together the way one's list works as a coherent fighting force.

If anyone else cares to weigh in on another's force struggles, please, attempt to provide both perspective and examples as to the way and the why.

There have been numerous Tactica for the Wolves over the years, some of which have remained relevant, others that might need to be updated. The idea of this thread is to prepare us all, as players, for the chance to see through perspective how our unit performance will change, as, with this thread serving its purpose, there will be both a before, during, and after, of the Codex reveal changing our unit paradigm.

Go.

I will try to start this off, to at least provide some perspective to the thread.

I have found that Grey Hunters are best with Chainswords on each and every single model able to take them. The why is that the extra attack is always great, and having a solid CC attack profile will only aid the various CC duties each Grey Hunter pack will be occasionally in need of pulling to try and earn a win.

Blood Claws should always when possible charge; the problem is, as always, an expensive delivery vehicle, such as a Land Raider Crusader, is sadly most often required. I personally find that without knowing what other options are out there for BC delivery, it seems like they will always face an HQ tax in a WP and the transport tax of an LRC. I really am curious if anyone else has had any ideas to provide more affordable points wise transport for BC's.

Long Fangs are a mixed bag for me. They have one ablative wound, and five Heavy Weapons, in a six man pack. That they can take whatever weapons one wants is great; the single best idea in theory to me is to keep all weapons per LF pack at the same max range. Not always ideal, however. What are people finding to be their best LF go-to weapons? I have four LF packs, two at five ML's, one with five Plasma Cannons, and one with five Lascannons.

I have one Predator, and I am debating if I should consider another, eventually, in time. I really love the idea of a quad Lascannon weapon platform that can fire and move rather well, especially now, in 8th. The problem is, I have little experience with how to best play one, and control it, on the table.

As far as unit uses, or, mission profile and table purpose, I tend to favor generic GH packs, with Meltaguns, due to having them from 7th Edition. Plasma is way too strong it seems in 8th, so I am in need of making some new Plas-Hunters, and I will need like 12 of them to flesh out my packs with six packs needing new Ranged Special Weapon guys.

What advice do people have, as far as the higher strength, possible mortal wound, Plasma profile goes, for now? I don't have much experience with them, as it seems to me to be a bad idea overall to use such a weapon, no matter what. Still, they're too good to pass up in 8th; feedback please?

Long Fangs are great...and even better inside a bastion. The PoV advantage cannot be overly appreciated, and the T9 20 wounds armor they are encased in means they will live at least the first few turns, if not the entire battle.

Wulfen are still my goto melee beatsticks, with axe dreads a close second.

Most know Bjorn is an auto - take in any list of 1000+, although I prefer the TLLC option over HPC.

I don't use troops often, but obsec is not that critical in my meta. I prefer WG in all flavors over their troop/fast equivalent, but that is mostly due to the cost effectiveness of SBs, and the option of a few SSs foe added survival.

I use wulfen for 1 of 2 purposes.

High prioirty target sponge for my enemy to focus on

wulfen squad

x2 TH/SS w/ Frag auto luanchers

X2 GA, 1 has frag auto

X1 Nekked

X1 Pack leader frostclaws

spongy enough with ablative figures in it.

strong enough that if the enemy ignores it, it hits like a brick truck.

Took out a devil fish turn 2, took out a max squad of breachers turn 3 losing only the nekked wulfen.

Our scouts need something, as of now, I'd rather just take generic squads of bloodclaws and put them on objectives.

What works

-Cheap storm shields everywhere.  It is a space wolf niche and we can do so much with it.  Put it on everything (Wolf Guard Pack Leaders for GH/LF as well as entire WG jump or biker units).  A 5 point investment on a LF-WGPL can have game changing results in your favor.

WG Bikers with SB and storm shields are brutally effective and cheap.  A 5 man squad can throw 40 bolter dice in rapid fire range.  My field testing has this as my preferred option.  I tested combi-flamers and combi-plasma but the added cost is not worth the benefits.  Use your WG Bikers to clear chaff.  Use other tools for hard targets.  If they live use the mobility to chase objectives.  

The best unit to wield a "storm shield" is our unique shield dread.  T7 and 3++ is a tough nut to crack.  I only lost 1 in a match so far (combination of smite spam and buckets of dice from a flyrant list).  *Edit I lost 2...I forgot a combination of smite...entire arsenal of a knight and kamikaze scout charge finished one off.  Basically they can take a serious pounding.  Keep death hex and jinx away from them though.  

All of this combined with the character target rule mechanics have made shield dreads a powerful tool for us.  

-Bjorn is a monster

Bjorn paired with shield dreads can kill almost anything in assault if they can catch it.  When you make Bjorn your warlord things tend to come at you and make this easier.  The shield dreads can even tackle things as large as knights because the 3++ shield save will save you from the scariest of weapons and attacks. 

Stay away from tarpits like mobs of crappy cultists though...you will kill them but waste too many turns doing it.  If you are fighting near an objective they will also keep scoring it until they are dead.  Not a good trade off. 

Remember Bjorn has no invulnerable and treat him like a glass cannon.  Use all the tricks you can to keep him alive.  Put units between him and the enemy.  Hide a friendly model so they can't even kill it and get to Bjorn (cyberwolves are good for this).  If you really want to maximize Bjorn's survival you can use the warlord trait to stack a 6+ with his 5+ but it is not reliable enough to make up for no invulnerable save.  If you can heroically intervene with Bjorn he will tear things apart without being hit in return.  This is especially nasty if you give him the saga of the warrior born because he can clear a target before they act or free up one of his bodyguard shield dreads for a stratagem counter attack. 

If you wield Bjorn properly he probably won't die in a match and your opponent won't get warlord points.  And a final tip from my personal experience.  Don't go overboard trying to protect Bjorn.  Keeping his trueclaw clean and firing his guns all game means he was probably wasted on the battlefield.  Bjorn needs to be in the thick of things.

-LF and the innate reroll are very useful

The easy application is heavy weapons but there are other ways to use this

I recently started using them as GH replacements and outflanking them with a plasma gun on the PL and a combi plasma on the WGPL.  I needed a unit to score ITC type points (recon/behind enemy lines/first strike).  Disposable LFs packing plasma were my preferred option.  The combo is relatively cheap costing 1 CP to outflank and just over 100 points for 4 rapid fire plasma and 8 rapid fire bolter shots (*edit to show accurate number of shots).  The reroll makes this a brutal tactic without the need to invest in an HQ to babysit them with an aura.  You can go all in and add heavy bolters to the unit as well.  Pick off your opponent's rear guard or targets of opportunity.  I was able to bag biovores and kill them like this in a game.

-Cyberwolves

Our cheapest unit.  Beats MSU troop selections by a mile.  One of these can sit on an objective in your backfield so other things can go fight

Multiple of these can be spread out to protect your deployment zone from deep strikers

Once the game begins use their mobility and get across the field and keep screening your other valuable units

Run them in front of your shield dreads to intercept smite for a turn if you want.  

If your opponent ignores them they are a surprise in assault.  They fight like assault marines and even have AP-1. 

You can even get lucky and charge a vehicle to tie it up. 

They are cheap fodder.  Use them accordingly.

What doesn't work

Our troop selections don't work well IMO

The lack of troop qualifying scouts to create a buffer zone is a major problem playing Space Wolves in the 8th edition environment (I've dipped my toe into a vanilla SM detachment to get scouts for this role and it has a huuuuuuge impact  protecting from alpha strike lists)

BC and GH can be nice if you build your entire force around them but we can't really spam troops like other factions

I stopped using GH early in my testing because they weren't good enough for how I wanted to use them

A properly equipped GH squad is cost prohibitive to me and an MSU squad isn't effective enough

ObSec didn't seem to matter because other armies have it too and their troops are usually cheaper than ours so they typically outnumber us

The fact we have no stratagems means I am ok having 7 CP and not running battalions at this time

When the codex comes out I expect there will be more incentive to wield units from our troop selection

I agree with much of the above, but there are 2 units I have to add, our flyers.

I have had incredible luck with both variants, especially the stormwolf. They come in a bit pricy, but mine have always made more than their points back. The durability and sheer damage potential is awesome and their speed is superb. The melta load out is my favorite but the heavy bolters get it done as well. They've become a regular fixture in my 8th edition lists.

Am I the only one wondering where the OP says it is true we're getting our codex in May got that information from?

You are not. i'm wondering where he got the May figure as well. The best guess I hear is summer, but I'm not familiar with season periods on the Northern Hemisphere. I know Australia Summer starts around January, so does this mean July is summer for you guys in UK, Northern America and Europe?

@ Karak Blackstone - This is just a quick reply to your 4 questions first. But if you've been following my posts, I think you will find I've been quite pessimistic as 8th edition rolls forward witha  few slivers of hope here and there.

Blood Claws - Not really their fault but as mentioned, apart from Wulfen and Ragnar, there isn't enough ways to reliably give them into combat.

Terminators - Abysmal luck on my part I'm afraid but so far even among my cross dressing cousins, I don't see much deathwing in them too. The old combi weapon spam is too expensive, and for my meta which is mostly Space Marines or Aspect Eldar players, the Storm bolters can't cut it.

Wulfen - Sad to say I haven't been able to make the best of them. I used to put them in Drop pod but now that's not an option and only the big expensive transports are left. And the Outflank strategem didn't work well for me either.

Grey Hunters remain balanced, not too good, but at the same time, not bad at all. As mentioned by you Karak, the extra chainswords are good to have and in most non-primaris marine fights, gives me an edge when I get into CC. Nevertheless, they are what are called opportunistic CC, do not make a CC list with them which I found out to be very bad idea even if there are wulfen around to buff them.

Long Fangs - Absolutely solid, I know use them as part of my mobile mid range army. The reroll 1s really help the Plasma Cannons and for all other weapons, make the Long Fangs quite deadly moving around even without a captain/lord to babysit them.

Predator Autocannon - Enough said. But if you want more, I like the two Heavy Bolters to give me some extra Dakka for clearing chaff, and the Pred autocannon can double both as anti-tank and anti-elite infantry. Reasonably cheap and tougher than a Long Fang squad with 2 lascannons in them.

From HQ side, I've tried nearly everything except Wolf Priest as well as the Thunderwolf wielding characters. Who are solid? Lords, Battle Leaders and Rune Priest on either bikes or jump packs. In this case, I've had to be a bit "unfluffy" as they work much better in my army either as speedy army buffers, character assassins, or last minute objective grabber.

3 - What units are your go-to performers? Who more than carries their weight? Why?

Rune Priest - Unless facing imperial fists/iron warriors, their Stormcaller has turned the tide a few times for me, even saving some key units from supercharged plasma or lascannons, crucial to ensuring my Rhino/Razorback rush worked.

Long Fangs - i no longer leave home without them.

Lords - The reroll ones are invaluable to ensure Curse of the Melta doesn't happen.

4 - How have the various Primaris performed thus far for those that are using them? Why, if you know? If not, let's see if we as a group of players can piece together the way one's list works as a coherent fighting force.

Sadly can't comment on them, have only been trying to use primaris in last 2 weeks or so. They didn't damage much but I find their resilience is much more better than 5 man grey Hunters with a plasma gun. Hope I can get more mileage out of them next few games. But so far, Idon't see the NEED for them except maybe Hellblasters but I don't like jumping on the spam wagon although may be my only chance against the crazy competitive players.

will comment more.

Based on my battle reports, I find that the Wolves work best with simple bread and butter lists.  Meaning Rhinos and Razorbacks with Grey Hunters/BC. Against other similar detachment armies, in such battles of Battalion vs Battalion, we will win out against SM and CSM. Obviously I haven't tried against Custodes but theoretically the dakka from razorbacks will pull down at least a couple of custodes a turn, which will hurt a lot for the bananas.

However, if we try to spam anything other than troops, we will lose. Meaning if we try to fight Vanguard vs vanguard, Spearhead vs Spearhead, we will lose. Only in battalion matchups will we have our best chance due to GH flexibility in handling most other troops and emergency melee against elites if need be.

Our respective slots just don't have the flexibility to stand by themselves except maybe mass Dreadnoughts or mass Wolf Guard Jump packers/bikers which is VERY unorthodox for wolves.

Sorry, I’ve been dealing with a headache.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/345193-chaos-space-wolves-codex-kroot-rumors-heavy-salt/

This is the thread on this site that mirrors the reddit one above. Not mine; also, the rumor thread is locked now, usual rampant speculation and other discussion issues.

Thanks all, for the posts thus far. I do hope the differing meta approaches to battle might further inform the ongoing discussion? Interesting, I am seeing that some are winning with small, elite hero and WG teams? while others are doing best with large numbers of GH’s and maybe some BC’S?

How are we as players going to find a consensus in the why? What are each of you fighting, at what points levels, and what missions tend to possibly drive each side’s unit choices?

I haven't played a lot lately but my most recent game with my wolves was against a guard gunline at 1000 pts, as it was a friendly game I went infantry heavy and threw Arjac and a close combat squad of wolf guard terminators into my list to teleport in and smash something, I have been reading that terminators still have issues but I've always had a soft spot for them and wanted to try them out. In the game they and Arjac were my MVP's, Arjac especially was a tank, at one point he took the entire guard armies shooting for a turn and kept going and the terminator squad destroyed whatever they got in close with, its only a one off but I found that against a really gun heavy army my grey hunter packs weren't able to do much and it has reinforced my belief in mobility being really important in 8th as a whole as the guard army could castle up and shoot me down as I advanced. I did toy with the idea of outflanking wulfen and skyclaws dropping in to tie up some of the heavy hitters which I will be exploring next game as once I was on the board it felt like I didn't have the speed to get among the guard lines. I am really looking forward to our 'dex as the other main thing I found limiting was the relative lack of strategems as the guard player was throwing them around all over the place and it felt a little one dimensional from my side if I'm being honest. Interesting to hear others thoughts, thanks for posting this up Karack :thumbsup: 

I haven't played a lot lately but my most recent game with my wolves was against a guard gunline at 1000 pts, as it was a friendly game I went infantry heavy and threw Arjac and a close combat squad of wolf guard terminators into my list to teleport in and smash something, I have been reading that terminators still have issues but I've always had a soft spot for them and wanted to try them out. In the game they and Arjac were my MVP's, Arjac especially was a tank, at one point he took the entire guard armies shooting for a turn and kept going and the terminator squad destroyed whatever they got in close with, its only a one off but I found that against a really gun heavy army my grey hunter packs weren't able to do much and it has reinforced my belief in mobility being really important in 8th as a whole as the guard army could castle up and shoot me down as I advanced. I did toy with the idea of outflanking wulfen and skyclaws dropping in to tie up some of the heavy hitters which I will be exploring next game as once I was on the board it felt like I didn't have the speed to get among the guard lines. I am really looking forward to our 'dex as the other main thing I found limiting was the relative lack of strategems as the guard player was throwing them around all over the place and it felt a little one dimensional from my side if I'm being honest. Interesting to hear others thoughts, thanks for posting this up Karack :thumbsup:

Glad that my abysmal luck with Arjac and Terminators isnt reflected elsewhere. Good job Konavar. Though against gunline armies, I guess not much works unless you spam Asscannon razorbacks.

Speaking of which, i'm very happy to report a satisfying victory against an Imperial Fist Pure Primaris army using Bjorn, 4 small packs of Grey Hunters with plasma and combi-plasma inside 4 Razorbacks, two of which were Twin Assault Cannons (due to having only two assault turrets from two crusaders), and 3 Long Fangs with a Stormwolf  barebones as Taxi/gunship. Critically, by putting some of the long fangs in the Stormwolf, I was able to get 1st turn, then devoted most of my gunline to destroying as many Hellblasters I could see. With Bjorn and a battle leader to anchor my razorback formation, they managed to take down a big chunk of the hellblasters, and then later when his Repulsor (with Aggressors and Chapter master), Inceptors and Reivers came knocking, combination of my MSU managed to shoot them down, the MSUs performed beautifully along with the Razorbacks. Bjorn despite his lack of invuln, managed to minimise damage using character protection, and thankfully he has a heavy flamer to make overwatch very painful.

In the end, I splatted his Chapter master in one wound roll, rolling a beautiful six for him to go SPLAT in his gravis armour.

Anyway, point is, today I returned to my MSU Grey Hunter routes, anchored by a CC monster and army buffer that was Bjorn. Despite his expense, it was well worth it although he later died to Inceptors overcharged plasma. At least this way, even if he didn't hit anything in CC, he was buffing the army the whole time. So MSU is still supremely satisfying and cheaper than a full hellblaster squad, only lacking the AP-4. and even Razorbacks with Heavy bolters can give a hell of a punch when rerolling 1s. 

And with 3 Long Fangs around, they managed to kick butt and do a respectable damage before dying. For my part, I kept one of them in a stormwolf in the end for emergency and then had the Stormwolf stay at 36" range to kite until I was certain his big guns were gone.

@ TiguriusX, I'm afraid I'm going to disagree with your assessment of plasma MSU, at least against marine armies. Arguably, MSU supported by rerolls from a lord and lieutenant along with their Razorback, is more flexible than a couple of big squads of hellblasters.

Feeling very optimistic today, after losing to this particular player who uses pure Primaris army a couple of times, I finally beat him on the third try using the old Razorback MSU formula.

For context, what he had was:

Primaris Captain in Gravis Armour (upgraded to Chapter Master)

Primaris Captain with plasma pistol

Lieutenant with Stalker

1 plasma Inceptor squad

2 assaut bolter inceptors squads

3 5 man Intercessors

1 huge 10 man blob of Hellblasters

Repulsor with God knows amount of dakka

1 4-man Aggressors

At the risk of derailing the thread, interesting to hear the May date for Wolves. 

Wonder if the boxed game ties in with the rumoured Black Legion vs Space Wolves boxed set with plastic Abaddon and a new Space Wolves character?

Kasper GH are fine but you need to build your entire army around them.

As you said you had HQ auras and razorbacks.

That is an MSU unit in name only. Look at the point investment it requires.

Kasper GH are fine but you need to build your entire army around them.

As you said you had HQ auras and razorbacks.

That is an MSU unit in name only. Look at the point investment it requires.

Not sure what you mean MSU in name only. Isn't multiple small units of Grey Hunters with Razorbacks considered an MSU army? Not to mention my three squads of 6 man Long Fangs?

Although I did make a big and good investment in Bjorn, the Rune Priest and the Battle leader. I could have put in another MSU + Razorback but I wanted the Stormwolf as something fast yet still has guns. Next time, I may finally try using a Thunderwolf Lord for cheaper buffer, finally breaking my TWC prejudice.

still trying to find a way to fit Primaris into my list. 

This old article by goatboy is how i view msu

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/03/goatboys-monday-40k-thoughts-msu.html

MSU to me also implies point efficiency

Min size required by codex to spam more of them in your army or meet a formation tax and spend elsewhere on heavy hitters

Other codex armies can run brigades for example and still have other threats

If space wolves implement MSU GH squads it defines the army (hqs and razorbacks are needed but expensive).

Now an msu gh army is effective and if that is your play style enjoy it. I love the tactical flexibility all those transports provide. Using your vehicles to block los or form a wall and literally prevent his troops from interfering with the disembarked ghs is fun.

I have a similar problem on the other end of the spectrum with my bjorn and shield dread formation. That is 500+ points that i essentially use as a single unit on the board. It also has holes that require support units (long fangs etc.) so my list has a ton of required points to field before i have optional units.

My original comment on our troops is essentially we cant dabble a small point investment in them and get a great return. If you want to use GH you need to commit to it.

For how i run my space wolves it didn't fit what i need. But many wolf lords have different play styles

Am I the only one wondering where the OP says it is true we're getting our codex in May got that information from?

You are not. i'm wondering where he got the May figure as well. The best guess I hear is summer, but I'm not familiar with season periods on the Northern Hemisphere. I know Australia Summer starts around January, so does this mean July is summer for you guys in UK, Northern America and Europe?

@ Karak Blackstone - This is just a quick reply to your 4 questions first. But if you've been following my posts, I think you will find I've been quite pessimistic as 8th edition rolls forward witha  few slivers of hope here and there.

Blood Claws - Not really their fault but as mentioned, apart from Wulfen and Ragnar, there isn't enough ways to reliably give them into combat.

Terminators - Abysmal luck on my part I'm afraid but so far even among my cross dressing cousins, I don't see much deathwing in them too. The old combi weapon spam is too expensive, and for my meta which is mostly Space Marines or Aspect Eldar players, the Storm bolters can't cut it.

Wulfen - Sad to say I haven't been able to make the best of them. I used to put them in Drop pod but now that's not an option and only the big expensive transports are left. And the Outflank strategem didn't work well for me either.

Grey Hunters remain balanced, not too good, but at the same time, not bad at all. As mentioned by you Karak, the extra chainswords are good to have and in most non-primaris marine fights, gives me an edge when I get into CC. Nevertheless, they are what are called opportunistic CC, do not make a CC list with them which I found out to be very bad idea even if there are wulfen around to buff them.

Long Fangs - Absolutely solid, I know use them as part of my mobile mid range army. The reroll 1s really help the Plasma Cannons and for all other weapons, make the Long Fangs quite deadly moving around even without a captain/lord to babysit them.

Predator Autocannon - Enough said. But if you want more, I like the two Heavy Bolters to give me some extra Dakka for clearing chaff, and the Pred autocannon can double both as anti-tank and anti-elite infantry. Reasonably cheap and tougher than a Long Fang squad with 2 lascannons in them.

From HQ side, I've tried nearly everything except Wolf Priest as well as the Thunderwolf wielding characters. Who are solid? Lords, Battle Leaders and Rune Priest on either bikes or jump packs. In this case, I've had to be a bit "unfluffy" as they work much better in my army either as speedy army buffers, character assassins, or last minute objective grabber.

Rune Priest - Unless facing imperial fists/iron warriors, their Stormcaller has turned the tide a few times for me, even saving some key units from supercharged plasma or lascannons, crucial to ensuring my Rhino/Razorback rush worked.

Long Fangs - i no longer leave home without them.

Lords - The reroll ones are invaluable to ensure Curse of the Melta doesn't happen.

Sadly can't comment on them, have only been trying to use primaris in last 2 weeks or so. They didn't damage much but I find their resilience is much more better than 5 man grey Hunters with a plasma gun. Hope I can get more mileage out of them next few games. But so far, Idon't see the NEED for them except maybe Hellblasters but I don't like jumping on the spam wagon although may be my only chance against the crazy competitive players.

will comment more.

To answer your first question, yes, July is summer for the northern hemisphere.

The rumors of a May release have been stomped out (pun intended) by recent Imp knights releases on the community site.  We just got Tau, Necrons haven't come out quite yet, and then we have Dark Eldar (I can never remember how to spell their new name.  Xenos.).  Which will get us through April.  Then it's Imperial Knights, Harlequinn's and Deathwatch which'll get us into June if not July.  The rumor that our book will hit with the box set towards the end of the year makes a lot more sense now (also coming from a reliable source)

Oh well.

I have in the works an idea for a Sisters flyer. I have it up for discussion over there. While I would love feedback on it, I will provide perspective that the thread is about overall Sisters improvements, not just the flyer.

I would like all three areas of discussion, fluff, rules, and kitbashing ideas, as this thing sounds terrifyingly fun to me!

Mods, please advise. Do I make a new thread in the Sisters area, and let people help? Sounds best, I think.

Well, while the latest Codexea give pause about the May date, I do believe there is some hope. Not on the sense of a release, which I believe unlikely, but Warhammer Fest is on May, so I think we will have an annoumcement for the Primarch there. It is a large event and a good stage to make such am announcment.

The rumors of a May release have been stomped out (pun intended) by recent Imp knights releases on the community site.  We just got Tau, Necrons haven't come out quite yet, and then we have Dark Eldar (I can never remember how to spell their new name.  Xenos.).  Which will get us through April.  Then it's Imperial Knights, Harlequinn's and Deathwatch which'll get us into June if not July.  The rumor that our book will hit with the box set towards the end of the year makes a lot more sense now (also coming from a reliable source)

Yeah stupid GW and their obsession with trademarkeable (not actual word) names. Silly names nobody can pronounce let alone spell like Aeldari, Drukhari and Ynnari.

Oh wait I just did. Then again, I've been reading Lord of the Rings since I was twelve so used to weird names for elves like Vanyar, Noldor, Sindarin, Teleri etc. And those were considerably less stupid and easy to pronounce. Never actually tried learning the language though. i hear some places of higher learning in UK actually offer language courses on Quenya.

Archived