Mithril's, 2024 Army Challenge -T'au Army: WiP to Finished...

MithrilForge

@ Triszin- thanks man, i want to make the breachers look a bit different and the green face plate and stripes down the back highlight the shape of em better :cool.: 

how's your Titanfall suits coming along?...

@ Panzer - true true,some red was nice but i want them simple this time so i can actually finish them :tongue.: 

again thanks guys for looking and hopefully i'll have more to show...

Mithril 

• 1 month later...

So I've been slowly plodding along, now that we're at home perhaps it might go quicker than the Glacial pace I have had before.

I revised my basing colours after seeing a mate's scheme on some of his Sisters of battle bases and thought it was so simple but so nice, standard metal bases with stripes of Mechanicus Standard Grey and Averland Sunset, wash, chipping and done.

see below -

med_gallery_9146_3140_667979.jpg

And I also revised my fatigue colour as well - Military greens and brown leather colours

see below -

med_gallery_9146_3140_127619.jpgmed_gallery_9146_3140_710641.jpg

Eight sets of legs to go then the lower halves are finished and the torso's are next... :happy.:

I'm happy to finally be Painting this army...

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge
clean up of post

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys,

@ War Angel - the red markings are the Decals that come in the box, I trimmed them down a tad to fit where I wanted on the helmets.

@ Jud - Thanks man, if I recall your T'au were Castellan green tau... right ? , did you sell them?..

The paint scheme was a cross between me loving the white Vior'la armour with red accents and also loving the colour death world forest :laugh.:  so I combined the two of em, i feel it has a cross between TitanFall 2 and a  WW2 Soviet Vibe to it.

Again, Thanks for looking and hopefully more soon.

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by MithrilForge

Whilst waiting for wash to dry on Breachers, I Started working on a Pathfinder squad that was also half done from a few years ago...:blush.:

Adapting the rifles to my scheme and added the Ochre to make the pathfinders stand out a bit from the other units that have Green fatigues and white armour .... :laugh.:

med_gallery_9146_3140_600354.jpg

And a (WiP) Turret I had laying about which will most likely end up with my first Strike squad -

med_gallery_9146_3140_656158.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

• 3 years later...

Sheesh… 4 years :sweat:
I dug these out of the cupboard after getting some Kroot and realising that I haven’t even finished my piddling few Tau units I started painting 6 years ago :facepalm:.
So I got em out and started painting them last night and hope to get these done for the new Codex and new Kroot …

@The Pounder Thanks for rekindling the greater good flame !!.

some Pathfinders- 

IMG_9732.thumb.jpeg.01529fb7b4481b54dfa2fa1f4543ed25.jpeg

some breachers (I wonder if they’re any good anymore 

IMG_9731.thumb.jpeg.9616eca36570042fdb65284d6285d56a.jpeg

cheers M 

8 hours ago, The Pounder said:

They look fantastic @MithrilForge!

Glad you’ve decided to come back to the T’au Va too!

Maybe we can keep each other motivated!!!

Agreed!! , I need Motivation!  :laugh:

It will help to have someone watching my progress and keeping me honest (for the greater good of course :tongue:

That means tonight I have to paint something and post progress tomorrow...

Cheers, M

Ok, it’s been really hot the past 4 or so days here :confused: but I’ve managed to re paint a XV25 suit, my 3 primary army colours are white red and “army green “

so trying combos of those colours for my different units … I think it’s turning out ok :thumbsup:

IMG_9768.thumb.jpeg.3427a34d6ae92768eb7599c51586efad.jpeg

IMG_9769.thumb.jpeg.d6ff5e1518fdf651996706035463fff6.jpeg

more work yet to do, but I’m pleased to be working out the scheme and getting paint onto models!!

cheers M 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 2:34 AM, MithrilForge said:

Well i shelved working on the pathfinders when i heard about the ETL-VI so hopefully they'll reappear in a vow or two :biggrin.:

As to now, i have a breacher squad in the chamber ready to have paint fired at them but due to weather ...no paint as of yet!

so i worked on ETL-VI vow number 2 - a Crisis XV8 iridium commander with quad missile pods (thanks go to Triszin & Jud Cottrel for the idea's)

here he is -

med_gallery_9146_583_441255.jpg

med_gallery_9146_583_130271.jpg med_gallery_9146_583_275676.jpg

and also his Necromunda styled base, i wanted him to look like a suit that had the ability to sit back and shoot from the backlines (which he's designed to do anyways:wink: )

so tried to make the missile pods look like they had the ability to get a better line of sight but could sorta pop back down and become more streamlined when he chose to bug out and move to another firing position... i'm hoping to get some xv8 hands from shapeways to complete the suit

Cheers, Mithril

Love the pose on this mate I might copy this for when i do some broadsides 

@Warbringer - Thanks bud :thumbsup:,  Other frater  - specifically The Pounder & Triszin inspired the idea many years ago so I won't lay Claim to it completely, I will probably try to make two more of them now that the new Codex is coming and make them as a Counts as  "FireKnife team" with Missile pods! 

Look forward to seeing more of your army as well!! 

on that note i need to go paint more of mine too :tongue:

Cheers, M