Adepticon RE: Sisters Plastics in 2019

ERJAK

such great news, even if you stick £20 back a month your looking at say a feb release that will be £220ish, 8-10 boxsets so a good starting force. Am I right in thinking new ranges take about 4 months if not more for a start collecting set.

I think the best bit is the look will probably fall in line with what's out now, so older armies will not be redundant.

my Imperium soup will continue (plan to have 2500 points each off BA, SW, RG, GK, Ad Cust, Knights and these with a big Ad Mech force about 20k all together!)

Guys I'm going to sound like the grumbling old Greybeard here, but I'm not going to get too excited about this.  I'll believe it when I have the boxes in my hands, bought and paid for.  That day would indeed be a glorious day, but that is not this day.

With our luck, it'll be December 2019! :ha:

I guess how much I'll be buying depends on what exactly they come out with. I won't be replacing all my metal models with plastic, as other than the pain of painting them I like them, so it'd be an unnecessary expense especially as the metal model resale value will be nonexistent after this "announcement". But more special weapons and of course any possible cool new units I'm looking forward to.

I love my Sisters and can't imagine replacing them as a whole, but being metal and with such a limited range right now, the ability to expand my army is practically non-existent.  A new model range changes everything.  Looking forward to adding new and exciting options to my static lineup of Sister with bolter / flamer / meltagun / heavy bolter, Immolator and Exorcist.  :biggrin.:

such great news, even if you stick £20 back a month your looking at say a feb release that will be £220ish, 8-10 boxsets so a good starting force. Am I right in thinking new ranges take about 4 months if not more for a start collecting set.I think the best bit is the look will probably fall in line with what's out now, so older armies will not be redundant.my Imperium soup will continue (plan to have 2500 points each off BA, SW, RG, GK, Ad Cust, Knights and these with a big Ad Mech force about 20k all together!)

My plan is to open up a new savings account when I get back from adepticon and then add 50-100 USD every paycheck (2 weeks) until release, thought that's because I need more money because I want someone else to do assembly+color blocking.

To be honest, I'd actually be happy with that, the sisters of battle range need more than just  1 troop option , while it doesnt make " massive" sense from a lore perspective
i can see them being " lumped together under ladies under arms  , and it fills a massive  vulnerability for sisters in terms of anti Psyker  and close combat power. 

Has GW mentioned a New Codex too?

My understanding was that we'd get beta rules in Chapter Approved 2018 and a proper codex in 2019 alongside the new model range.

I don't play Sisters, but Plastic Sisters of Battle is something I'm very interested in, as I've had a side-project for my Khorne Daemonkin involving female models. So that announcement has me very excited.

This heresy would normally prompt immediate prometheum cleansing but we are selfishly happy for your project to be back on track :D
:lol:, I know. Seriously, until that was announced, I thought I could only get female Bloodletters (thank you Witch Aelves/Sisters of Slaughter) and counts-as Warp Talons/Raptors (Khinerai Heartrenders/Khinerai Lifetakers), as I only had two female models that could work size-wise for the 'mortals' for the KDK (Neave Blacktalon and Inquisitor Greyfax).

But this announcement makes my EXTREME heresy a viable option now.

So i have to wait till fethin next year to get some fricking SoB tactical obective cards? My guess, it will be right before the next edition release gets announced. Like every other dex we've gotten, too late to be relevant and soon to be outdated.

I would like new vehicles, especially a cathedral tank. I am looking forward to converting some of my metal mini's to match any cool new units. I am genuinely interested in what those might be, I struggle with any new ideas that don't bust my perception of what Sisters are as an army.

Other than that? Yay?....

I have a strong feeling that like with the recent Tau Codex (now establishing different buffs and rules for the different Tau Septs), the Sisters of Battle Codex will have different bonuses for the different SoB Orders:

- Order of the Bloody Rose (Blood Red Armour, Black Vestments)

- Order of the Sacred Rose (White Armour, Black Vestments)

- Order of Our Martyred Lady (Black Armour, Red Vestments)

- Order of the Ebon Chalice (Black Armour, White Vestments)

- Order of the Valorous Heart (Black Armour, Black Vestments)

- Order of the Argent Shroud (Silver Armour, White Vestments)

This would add more depth to the possible tactics while also encouraging different colour schemes besides the iconic (while amazing) Red on Black from the Order of Our Martyred Lady.

I'va always been partial to the Silver armour for the Order of the Agent Shroud myself.

With all the developments the various armies in the game have had over the last 15 years the Sisters have been badly in need of an overhaul.  After all our entire army has exactly two weapons which can shoot farther than 24 inches. (Hunter-Killer missile makes it three). Counting basic Troop squads that means we have 3 whole units that can exceed the range of a boltgun, not counting adding the HKM to vehicles.  Even if you play vanilla Space Marines you have at least 15 units which can fire more than 24 inches, a number which incidentally exceeds the entire range of Units that the Adepta Sororitas can field! I understand that the Sisters are not supposed to have the wide ranging armory which Space Marines have, but this disparity has become a little excessive IMHO. Therefore I am hoping we will get some long awaited updates to our Order of Battle and Armory.

Lets not get too excited. New units could be a bit of a reach. Lets just be content with plastic of what we currently get (which still kicks butt on the table). Anything more than should be a nice surprise.

I think such a piece of news also suggests an overhaul, if they hype it up too much and the rules don't follow its going to be a flop.

I hope there will be more than one Troops choice as many tournaments limit rosters to 2 of the same units which has been very tricky (and often meant the selection of a different army) for my competitive friends

Archived