Adepticon RE: Sisters Plastics in 2019

ERJAK

A thought just occured to me. Im curious to see if the faith system will get yet another makeover? Likewise with the faith abilities, seeing as we cant seem to go through a book change without ecerything changing.

In particular, my thought was leaning towards Order specific Faith abilities.

Probably wont happen, but would be interesting to see. Then again if they were going to do that, theyd have given guard regiments differing unique orders.

A thought just occured to me. Im curious to see if the faith system will get yet another makeover? Likewise with the faith abilities, seeing as we cant seem to go through a book change without ecerything changing.

In particular, my thought was leaning towards Order specific Faith abilities.

Probably wont happen, but would be interesting to see. Then again if they were going to do that, theyd have given guard regiments differing unique orders.

They better not rework the AoF system! It's amazing as is, all they need to do is expand it a bit. I'm personally a fan of getting to the point where we can spend command points on AoFs and AoFs on Command Points.

Thats the Elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about. New figs, great, if they keep the current aesthetic. Craptastic rules or rules that make them "not sisters" is just as likely if not more likely than leaving them alone. GW is doing this because the survey told them too.

There wasn't anyone in the studio that gave a hoot about them to champion them past the index. If they had a dex, even one without new figs, we wouldn't be waiting until CA for a playtest list. GW is doing this because the survey told them they should. Uninspired work all too often falls flat.

Thats the Elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about. New figs, great, if they keep the current aesthetic. Craptastic rules or rules that make them "not sisters" is just as likely if not more likely than leaving them alone. GW is doing this because the survey told them too.

There wasn't anyone in the studio that gave a hoot about them to champion them past the index. If they had a dex, even one without new figs, we wouldn't be waiting until CA for a playtest list. GW is doing this because the survey told them they should. Uninspired work all too often falls flat.

See, ya say that, but the SoB index rules were great

How about this: a Stratagem which permits an Act of Faith to affect any one friendly Vehicle with the Sororitas <Order> keyword.

I've been toying around with writing a codex for SoB that doesn't change any unit rules but still makes them as interesring to play as they should be and this was first on the list for strategems. Penitent engines would be TERRIFYING with AoF and SoF.

Aren't GW on a three year production cycle? If so then Sisters were in the works before the survey, and it has just prompted them to announce earlier.

My question is do we think they'll replace the immolator? There will presumably be a new Exorcist model, so a dual kit would make sense, but there's  nothing wrong with the immolator kit or design and it is iconic for the sister "feel"

I've been thinking about previous releases. Skitarii got the rangers duel kit box, the ironstrider and the dunecrawler (3 kits) then a few months later cult mechanicus got the dominus, servitors, electro priests and robots (3 kits + character). Custodes got three kits + character but already had one plastic kit.

So I reckon it'll be three kits + character and if we are lucky and they sell well more ecclesiology kits later ala cult mechanicus.

We've already got the immolator so it'll likely be character (canonness), bolter battle sisters (+ duel build varient), seraphim (+ dual build varient, probably melee based) and a third kit. Given what we've seen with previous releases I reckon either a walker or a heavy infantry kit.

Aren't GW on a three year production cycle? If so then Sisters were in the works before the survey, and it has just prompted them to announce earlier.

If that's the case you would think they might have had something to show in the big reveal other than a video of survey replies. Seems awful short if details to me.

I agree that the Index is a good list. Though still with just a few stinkers in there that have had the same problem for just about forever. Celestians have no purpose, Repentia are either too weak for their points or too good to be way less expensive. The Immolator finally got its 12" back, but still pales in comparison to many of the other flamethrower tanks other armies have. The PenEngine is still too expensive.

The strengths of the Index list are more from the new detachment builds that allow you to take the good units we have in larger number with less tax involved than from any new vision applied to the index list. Repressor Doms, HB Retributors, Seraphim and Celestine is the best we really have and there is nothing new about that. Apart from AoF the biggest change we saw is how the Exorcist went from bring a bunch to leave it at home.

I hesitate to hope that this new approach being applied to the army build is going to be a good thing. If the intent is just to inform us regularly about what is happening, great. If at any point it turns into lets have a poll to see what people want in the new Sisters army I think its going to go south real quick.

In way too many instances it is apparent that many of the "I would SoB so hard if they were plastic" crowd really don't like anything about the army as it has always been. Sisters aren't in need of a complete re-imagining, which is exactly what many of the "I woulds" are calling for. If GW can ignore them, great.

I have been playing Sisters for over 20 years and love everything about them. I still play all of the stinker units we have on a regular basis in my otherwise competitive list builds. I do so because I love the models and concept and love to test them in my "lets see what this does" portion of my list. I am happy GW finally announced they were working on Plastic sisters. I hope they respect the aesthetic but suspect the inevitable scale creep will make mixing them problematic for me. I get twitchy about things like that, my issue, nobody elses.

I suspect that I will be able to convert the old metal models to suit whatever new builds might be worthwhile and look forward to the challenge of doing so. I would love to see the list not lose those few units we have had hanging around as stinkers for the last 3-4 Editions of 40k. Fix those before bringing out anything else new and shiny, if that means Celestians have to come out new and shiny (even as a 40k merger of SoS and SoB) I would be okay with that.

I've always loved the look and story of the Sisters. I have slowly been picking up metal miniature by metal miniature in order to fill out a squad, to assist my Inquisitor. Now, with 8th and the army construction rules, I'm looking forward to getting a patrol done, cemented by my squad of metal sisters.

What talk is there of changing the look/lore of sisters? Can some one give me a brief run down? I've always considered them the most loyal servants of the Emperor, I've never heard of Chaos Space Sisters...

I don’t think there’s been anything from GW to indicate their plans one way or another in terms of looks or lore. Encouragingly (at least in my opinion), Celestine and the Geminae are pretty close to the original designs, so I’m not expecting a major deviation in the new range.

The various panicky speculations about Primaris Sisters etc are probably unfounded: GW wanted a reason for people to buy new plastic Marines; bringing the Sisters range out into plastic is probably enough to sell it by itself. They might well be a bit taller than previously though, as that’s been the general trend in models lately.

Dracpanzer, "I want to play this army but I wish it was better" is pretty common all over these forums. It is pretty common to love an army's concept, but feel as if their model range and rules options are insufficient to be the equal of existing options.

I am looking forward to Sisters of Battle, and I hope the line is updated with tons of new options. I am very much interested in building a force, because they're a naturally fluff-friendly complement to my Templars. As such, I hope they retain their classic fluff but get some additional options for extra versatility and effectiveness. It will probably work for my needs either way, but when every faction gets new support, I hope that the relevant material is well-balanced, competitive, varied, and fun, whether or not I intend to play them, because that makes the game better. I think there's plenty of room to overhaul the Sisters to be both powerful and thematically evocative.

Dang... congrats! Long time coming. I wonder if they'll release some promos of possible new looks or if their going with the old look. Either way this is pretty awesome.

Black Templar checking in. In the past few weeks I've been slowly ordering Sisters from eBay to use as a detachment with my crusade. I kind of liked the fact that almost nobody plays sisters, now I can't be an elitist :(

Black Templar checking in. In the past few weeks I've been slowly ordering Sisters from eBay to use as a detachment with my crusade. I kind of liked the fact that almost nobody plays sisters, now I can't be an elitist :sad.:

Well not many people play templars any more so there is still that :p

Alliances allowing the Vinculus crusade isn't a bad theme for a mixed army. Just need a decent inquisitor to add to your canoness and champion assault team.

Dracpanzer, "I want to play this army but I wish it was better" is pretty common all over these forums. It is pretty common to love an army's concept, but feel as if their model range and rules options are insufficient to be the equal of existing options.

Doing away with the aesthetic, chopping out a bunch of units and replacing them with copy paste versions of other factions units isn't wanting a long neglected existing army they supposedly love to be viable. Calling for them to change into something they have never been isn't wanting them to compete with other factions product lines.

If them being metal was the only thing keeping people from playing them. Why do they suddenly need to become a mere shadow of what they have always been once they roll out in plastic.

Im okay with new units that fit what in the aesthetic and theme the Sisters have now. Even new and unexpected ideas, so long as they make sense and stay true to what Sisters have always been.

It isn't an unreasonable request.

My question is do we think they'll replace the immolator? There will presumably be a new Exorcist model, so a dual kit would make sense, but there's  nothing wrong with the immolator kit or design and it is iconic for the sister "feel"

I've heard 2 years pretty consistently.

Judging from what they said at the Adepticon Panel, they've likely just barely started working on the SoB. I would say they probably have concept art, general vision, equipment, ideas for new units, etc done and that's about it. I would be very surprised if they have more than about 2 months of design work(most of that being pre-sculpting phase) done yet.

Doing away with the aesthetic, chopping out a bunch of units and replacing them with copy paste versions of other factions units isn't wanting a long neglected existing army they supposedly love to be viable. Calling for them to change into something they have never been isn't wanting them to compete with other factions product lines.

If them being metal was the only thing keeping people from playing them. Why do they suddenly need to become a mere shadow of what they have always been once they roll out in plastic.

Im okay with new units that fit what in the aesthetic and theme the Sisters have now. Even new and unexpected ideas, so long as they make sense and stay true to what Sisters have always been.

It isn't an unreasonable request.

We seem to want similar things. I just think you're way overstating your case for people asking for a complete re-imagining of the faction. I'm new to the hobby, ignorant of the community, and pretty vague on SoB specifics, but I haven't yet seen anyone asking to throw out what the Sisters of Battle fundamentally are. Everyone I see is hoping that the Sisters get cool new things that expand their options, not being hostile to existing ones.

I completely quit all GW stuff and sold off all my bits and pieces around the start of 7th edition. I've come back in hard with 8th! Sisters have always been one of my favourites but, looking at 8th armies I could get 2 armies of other stuff for the same investment into a SoB army. I got given Celestine by a friend, so I already have her and the Geminae, I'm looking forward to seeing where GW take the rest of the army. I'm hoping that they don't try to turn Sisters into something they shouldn't but it'd be nice to flesh them out. I'd love new Repentia and Penitent Engines. 

As far as weapons go, Avenger bolt cannon on a demolisher chassis is a great idea. Special issue ammo for their holy bolters would also help.

As far as a superheavy vehicle goes, slap a cathedral on top of a Storm Lord and let the girls have it. Replace any heavy stubbers with Storm Bolters and any Autocannons with Heavy Bolters/multi-meltas. Give it a +2 leadership aura. Done.

Edit: As far as additional HQ choices, what about a tech marine / tech priestess equivalent? Someone has to maintain all those evicerators.

Archived