Adepticon RE: Sisters Plastics in 2019

ERJAK

The only special issue ammo I want is for them to bring back Blessed ammo. We don't need that space marine crap. Don't give us bikes, don't give us predators. Give us a plastic kit for the Pengine, fix the Exorcist, and keep sisters sisters.

The only special issue ammo I want is for them to bring back Blessed ammo. We don't need that space marine crap. Don't give us bikes, don't give us predators. Give us a plastic kit for the Pengine, fix the Exorcist, and keep sisters sisters.

I thought the Sisters of Battle were an Imperial force that likes to convert Imperial kit to their own unique needs, like the Immolator battle tank built on the Rhino chassis.  Putting Sisters iconography on the Predator - another battle tank pattern derived from the Rhino - doesn't seem too outrageous to me.

I don't really see Sisters using bike units, so I don't object there, but this whole mindset seems weird to me.  It's time to update the Sisters of Battle, so why not update them?  If all we get is plastic models that replace the janky old metal ones, well, that's okay, but why not consider how the line can be expanded in new, interesting, and effective ways consistent with the lore?  Nostalgia is great, but so are innovation and gameplay viability.

Bikes aren't 'space marine crap' every faction has some sort of 'biker' equivalent. Even guard have horses.

And it's pretty silly to tie 'not having bikes' to 'sisters being sisters' lol. 'Oh hey, you know the Sisters of battle right? Oh, yeah, that faction that doesn't have bikes, isn't it?' Is a conversation that has never happened in the history of ever.

If you want to take it a step further, Imperial Guard had jetbikes in Rogue Trader and Necrons eventually gained both Destroyers and Tomb Blades. And why wouldn't we have some Predator variant along the lines of a Baal or something similar?

Sadly, if by fixing the Exorcist you mean making it a tank killer again, that isn't going to happen. The change in the to-wound table and the increase in toughness on most MCs did a lot to harm the Exorcist as well as most tanks being T7.

Old:

Exorcist Launcher vs T6 Carnifex: 1.94 wounds per turn. Likely to kill it in two turns, with a 10.2% chance of killing it in one turn

Exorcist Launcher vs FAV13 vehicle: 0.778 HP per turn with a 13% chance of destroying it from an explosion and a 3.4% chance of destroying it from lost HP (ignoring extra HP lost from multiple immobilized effects)

New

Exorcist Launcher vs T7 MC or Vehicle: 2.33 wounds per turn. Likely to kill a Carnifex in four turns, or a Predator in 5-6.

Raising the Exorcist to d6 wounds brings it up to 5.44 wounds per turn from 2.33, at which point it could very easily kill a Carnifex or Predator and may be too strong even at a cost of around 190-200 points since it now has a variance of 1-36 wounds, up from 1-18.

If you want to take it a step further, Imperial Guard had jetbikes in Rogue Trader...

If you want to cite Rogue Trader for equipment precedents than I'm going to lobby to give my Marine heroes their Shuriken Catapults back and support my Harliquinns with Land Raiders again.

I'll compromise with you though, how about Sisters on gene-forged horses?

Regarding Exorcist damage output, what bothers me most about it now is the implementation for a random volley of missiles is functionally identical to what they would've written if it was just a large bore cannon.

Bikes aren't 'space marine crap' every faction has some sort of 'biker' equivalent. Even guard have horses.

And it's pretty silly to tie 'not having bikes' to 'sisters being sisters' lol. 'Oh hey, you know the Sisters of battle right? Oh, yeah, that faction that doesn't have bikes, isn't it?' Is a conversation that has never happened in the history of ever.

Why do we need bikes? We have seraphim and transports. Weve never had bikes, and adding bikes does nothing to help sisters, except make them even more similar to space Marines.

I'm fine with adding new stuff to the faction, but please, make it new. Don't make it just what the guys have, but with fluer de lis slapped on it. Otherwise, why bother play sisters if you want bikes, predators and lascannons? What would make this unit unique?

Would a Predator equivalent be too un-Sisterly? They already have their own Rhinos and “Razorbacks” (Immolators): why not a Sororitas “Predator”? Give them appropriately trinitarian weapon options (quad heavy bolter? Thermal spear from the new Armiger? Hellhound Inferno cannon?) and they’d probably fit into a Sisters army quite smoothly. That’s not to say that there aren’t potentially more interesting alternatives.

One gap in the current list is the lack of a transport for squads of more than ten Sisters. The rolling cathedral idea would be one solution. Land Raider Crusaders would also work (just swap the assault cannons for something more Sisterly).

I think an alternative jump pack unit, as part of a dual-build Seraphim box, seems likely. Would that be a melee version, with chainsaws/power weapons and pistols, or something more unusual? (Dual neural whips?)

Why do we need bikes? We have seraphim and transports. Weve never had bikes, and adding bikes does nothing to help sisters, except make them even more similar to space Marines.

I'm fine with adding new stuff to the faction, but please, make it new. Don't make it just what the guys have, but with fluer de lis slapped on it. Otherwise, why bother play sisters if you want bikes, predators and lascannons? What would make this unit unique?

This. Sisters, by and large work well. Whilst we aren't top tier, we can get the job done with what we already have. We don't need that much added, if at all to make us better. At most, the Penitent Engine and Celestians need looking at, a few other tweaks...

And a Jump pack Canoness...

U WOT M8?!

http://mctrip.gardnerswebsite.com/jason/2003/malenun.jpg

This. Sisters, by and large work well. Whilst we aren't top tier, we can get the job done with what we already have. We don't need that much added, if at all to make us better. At most, the Penitent Engine and Celestians need looking at, a few other tweaks...

And a Jump pack Canoness...

It makes good business sense thought that while updating current lines to plastic GW also gives us one or two new units that still fit in the current look and design of sisters.

I'm a sisters player who honestly would be happy to see some "cavalry" units. I personally would love a bike unit (different chassis then the Marine bike) and some sweet lances.

I hate flyers in 40k, but if they're here I'd love us to get a flier of some kind.

I'd rather not see the re-introduction of the fraternis militia from 2nd ed, nor too much ministorum units. More pure sisters units!

As far as a superheavy vehicle goes, slap a cathedral on top of a Storm Lord and let the girls have it. Replace any heavy stubbers with Storm Bolters and any Autocannons with Heavy Bolters/multi-meltas. Give it a +2 leadership aura. Done.

So..... Something like this? :lol: No lie, that sounds like something the Sororitas would do. Take tank, make into mobile shrine of death.

Well, we do have the Avenger, but if we got a flier that we can truly call our own, I'd be okay with it. I think Sisters need something other than bikes. Perhaps something kinda like the Tau pirahna, in that it's a light skirmish vehicle.

In open minded to a lot of stuff, but not adding stuff for the sake of it.

Well, we do have the Avenger, but if we got a flier that we can truly call our own, I'd be okay with it. I think Sisters need something other than bikes. Perhaps something kinda like the Tau pirahna, in that it's a light skirmish vehicle.

That's why I say "Cavalry"

Piranha skimmer, bike with sidecar, bike with two riders, trike, light skimmer. Any of those.

That's why I say "Cavalry"

Piranha skimmer, bike with sidecar, bike with two riders, trike, light skimmer. Any of those.

I gotcha guys!

maxresdefault.jpg

Design the bike differently. All current 40k bikes are either choppers or the speeder bike from star wars (or tomb blades)it shouldn't be hard to make a unique looking bike for SoB.

As for what the unit does, every other army's bikes treat them like swift hit and run units, but we have seraphim for that. Why not have the SoB bikes have a different roll?

Why not use bikes as our version of heavy infantry? It would make more sense than SoB in terminator armor. 2 wounds T4 10" move. Give them artificer armor and put either heavy flamers or twin linked meltas on them. Heck you could even make them close combat based. Give them some sort of survivabilty ability like -1 to hit outside of 12" or something similar. Have the SoB bikes take the spot of other armies terminators instead of making Seraphim .75.

Design the bike differently. All current 40k bikes are either choppers or the speeder bike from star wars (or tomb blades)it shouldn't be hard to make a unique looking bike for SoB.

As for what the unit does, every other army's bikes treat them like swift hit and run units, but we have seraphim for that. Why not have the SoB bikes have a different roll?

Why not use bikes as our version of heavy infantry? It would make more sense than SoB in terminator armor. 2 wounds T4 10" move. Give them artificer armor and put either heavy flamers or twin linked meltas on them. Heck you could even make them close combat based. Give them some sort of survivabilty ability like -1 to hit outside of 12" or something similar. Have the SoB bikes take the spot of other armies terminators instead of making Seraphim .75.

But then you are looking at heavy infantry with a move of 20", unless they for some reason don't get acts of faith.

"Why do we need bikes? We have seraphim and transports. Weve never had bikes, and adding bikes does nothing to help sisters, except make them even more AWESOME"

There I fixed that for you :)

I'm not a Sisters player, but here are my thoughts on things that I quite like about the look of the faction, and what might draw me in.

I'd say go all in with the bombastic church theme. I'm thinking combat units with censer-hammers that can inflict horrific burns upon the living, and vehicles packing massive gatling guns that fire bullets made of consecrated bone fragments, mad :cuss like that. Admittedly, I don't like the Organ take on the Exorcist, but I'm fine with an organ on a tank being, well, an organ.

There's also lots of potential for buffs to the Sisters. Astartes have an armorum cherub, so Sisters should as well. But everywhere! Prayer Cherubs to boost Acts of Faith, Prometheum cherubs to help with the cooking, etc.

They could use a flying transport... 

But then you are looking at heavy infantry with a move of 20", unless they for some reason don't get acts of faith.

You're also looking at heavy infantry that are T4 and 2+6++ that can't deepstrike.

The specifics of what the unit does is malleable, maybe an 8" move would be more balanced. Maybe making them melee and flamer only would be. The point is having bikes be not 'seraphim with 2 wounds'.

The point is having bikes be not 'seraphim with 2 wounds'.

You know, there is a base rule that would stop biker-nuns from being true duplicates of 'Phim. They wouldn't have the FLY keyword and attendant shooting privileges when the fall back from combat.

So, I think the right way to think of biker nuns wouldn't be heavy infantry, but heavy cavalry. In contrast to the light cavalry role filled by Seraphim. To further peg them into this role, I'd initially release their kits without the twin bolters on the handle bars and probably some set of storm shields and lances to allow them a heck of a punch on the initial round of a combat.

You know, there is a base rule that would stop biker-nuns from being true duplicates of 'Phim. They wouldn't have the FLY keyword and attendant shooting privileges when the fall back from combat.

So, I think the right way to think of biker nuns wouldn't be heavy infantry, but heavy cavalry. In contrast to the light cavalry role filled by Seraphim. To further peg them into this role, I'd initially release their kits without the twin bolters on the handle bars and probably some set of storm shields and lances to allow them a heck of a punch on the initial round of a combat.

I had the same heavy cav instead of light cav comparison in my head, and I would buy those Bretonnian Sisters in a heartbeat.

At that point, I'd say ditch the shields, strip the armor.

Give them a 5++ shield of faith, re-rollable and bare bones cloth armor and an eviscerator. Fluff them as extra zealous heavy Repentia.

With two wounds, t4 and a 5++/5++ or 4++/4++ with Celestine, they'd still be a lot tankier than our ground units, but not too tanky to not have AoF.

The Custodes have Bolt Spears.

While the second weapon on whatever final version a Sisters Bike unit might be, I think the Sisters would be highly likely to use the currently living embodiment of the Emperor Himself, his Personal Chosen, as a fine example to be led by, and make their own version of a Power Lance with an attached Boltgun, or, for some, a Meltagun, or Flamer, as a special weapon option, with maybe 2 of the Flamer or Melta per squad, 1 at 5 and 2 at 10.

If this is a new route, I could seriously see both Scout equivalent Repentia riding their less-armored bikes, while dedicated Celestian Biker teams might have normal Space Marine style Bikes, with the above mentioned Bolt-spear.

I need help knowing what the Celestian variant Bike squad would want in a second hand weapon; this may be a moot discussion, as, outside of the "three" handed "Sergeants," don't most Infantry riding a Bike need one hand on the controls, thus only having one hand free? Still, maybe just the Veteran Sister Superior per Bike Squad could get a second weapon.

And, two final ideas.

One, if a Battle Sister Squad needs more options, that are at least playable, give a squad numbering 11 to 20 models the choice to get a second Rhino. Treat the two embarked units as a Squadron, but only while mounted. Alternatively, maybe let the Sisters be one or two squads, giving Sisters their own variant Combat Squads.

Two, by all means, let the above happen for those Battle Sister Squads that want to, take the bikes and bolt-spear as an option, too; just make them a Fast Attack choice entry, as such.

Archived