Adepticon RE: Sisters Plastics in 2019

ERJAK

The Custodes have Bolt Spears.

I could seriously see both Scout equivalent Repentia riding their less-armored bikes,

Repentia wouldn't be given bikes. They are effectively persona non grata, "Dead Sisters" and seek absolution to the point of psychopathic abandon. Repentia would suicidally charge their nearest enemy. If they were given bikes, it would result in a lot of wrecked bikes. Lore wise, I'm certain the Ecclessiarchy, as rich as they are would frown very deeply on the loss of equipment such as that. The whole point of Repentia is to face their enemy unarmoured, save for their faith, which is all Sisters regardless of status or rank care about.

Giving a squad of Sisters hell bent on salvation through death, bikes, is both unfluffy and just not a thing that makes sense in the game either.

I could seriously see both Scout equivalent Repentia riding their less-armored bikes,

Repentia wouldn't be given bikes. They are effectively persona non grata, "Dead Sisters" and seek absolution to the point of psychopathic abandon. Repentia would suicidally charge their nearest enemy. If they were given bikes, it would result in a lot of wrecked bikes. Lore wise, I'm certain the Ecclessiarchy, as rich as they are would frown very deeply on the loss of equipment such as that. The whole point of Repentia is to face their enemy unarmoured, save for their faith, which is all Sisters regardless of status or rank care about.

Giving a squad of Sisters hell bent on salvation through death, bikes, is both unfluffy and just not a thing that makes sense in the game either.

Fair.

So, no bike Repentia, I get that now.

Any thoughts or feedback on putting Celestians on bikes, as an option, or, adding Battle Sister Squads on Bikes, as a Fast Attack choice, with their added gear being both the Bike and a Bolt-spear, unless they get either a Meltagun or Flamer as a replacement for their boltgun on their specific Bolt-spear?

I tend to like thinking outside of the box, a great deal. I'm not a very experienced table player, so, my lack of overall perspective is therefore clearly at issue; still, ideas can only be tested, and more ideas means eventually at least one worthy one might come up. I hope in time more than one, but still, it takes time and effort to get that far in life.

The idea of bikes, whilst not a thing that Sisters have ever had before, isn't an impossibility, it was just giving them to Repentia. Celestines are an Elite choice, so I'm no sure they'd be a viable choice, as bikes are nearly always a fast attack option for non characters. One way around it would be to give them to a new unit equivalent to Seraphim, but with a different name. Elohim, perhaps? As for a lance type weapon, well, I don't recall Marines having that option, so maybe, maybe not.

Thinking outside the box can be a good thing :) but we honestly don't know what GW will come up with, short of the usual suspects and even they might be changed to a lesser or greater degree. Other codexes have seen significant point reductions, new strategems and other unit specific rules. It really depends on how they view Sisters as an army right now.

I believe there is one piece of artwork with a sister on a bike, so I suppose it's possible. Of course I might be thinking of an Aribite, which would be more fitting because Judge Dredd. I'd prefer robot horses myself tho.

I find it hard to believe a SoB could use a Bolt Spear as they are highly impractical weapons for someone without supernatural strength. You might go with something like a melta type weapon designed to look like a lance/spear that has a short ranged attack or can be used in melee.

@Aqui - I think Ofanim were the angels that were the fiery wheels of God's throne or something, it's been a while though. Still might be a good name for a seraphim alt.

I believe there is one piece of artwork with a sister on a bike, so I suppose it's possible. Of course I might be thinking of an Aribite, which would be more fitting because Judge Dredd. I'd prefer robot horses myself tho.

I find it hard to believe a SoB could use a Bolt Spear as they are highly impractical weapons for someone without supernatural strength. You might go with something like a melta type weapon designed to look like a lance/spear that has a short ranged attack or can be used in melee.

@Aqui - I think Ofanim were the angels that were the fiery wheels of God's throne or something, it's been a while though. Still might be a good name for a seraphim alt.

I've seen a fan picture of a Sister on a jetbike. Lances or similar weapons seem to be less likely though. I thought of Elohim off the top of my head, but your suggestion is a good one :) Especially if one ties Sisters to being the wheels of the God-Emperor's throne ;)

I converted a jetbike in the shape of a fleur de Lys a while ago but I envisaged it more as a heavy weapon/strafing platform than a space marine bike/close combat hit and run thing. I kind of view bikes short of jetbikes as something I can convert if I want to, I'd like the plastic kits to broaden out the options hence heavier infantry armour/terminator pattern

I am so going to convert some sisters with shotguns and underslung flamers ala the necromunda redemptionists

I started a savings account just for sisters right after the announcement, and made a vow to not buy any models except the new knight, and put any money I would've spent into the account. Even if it is just a plastic release of the main line, something like:

Cannoness

Battle Sister Squad

Celestian Squad

Retributor Squad

Seraphim Squad

Plastic Exorcist bits

They can do the Custodes trick for some where you can build a Cannoness of each type from the box, if you want. Any more kits than these are just a bonus for me honestly, but I've been a fan of just the lore and not as invested as some, so just the main kits for me. Either way..I will drop at least 500-600$ on these kits in the first month if they release the ones above.

To be honest, I think plastic penitent engines and plastic exorcists are the most exciting part of this for me.

And dare we dream it, a plastic Repressor? ^_^

To be honest, I think plastic penitent engines and plastic exorcists are the most exciting part of this for me.

And dare we dream it, a plastic Repressor? ^_^
I think scratch building a repressor might be easier than assembling an exorcist :P

I think scratch building a repressor might be easier than assembling an exorcist :tongue.:

My exorcists were a breeze to assemble. Put rack mount into swivel base, dry fit left launch tube set to rack peg, dry fit right launch tube set to rack peg and glue to left tube set. Slot whole assembly into turret ring atop Rhino Chassis. Sadly FW discontinued that kit.

I’ll continue to love my three metal exorcists but would welcome a fully plastic one, as long as it keeps the organ aesthetic, otherwise I’ll pass :P how often are you going to field more than 3 Exorcists anyway :D

I’ll continue to love my three metal exorcists but would welcome a fully plastic one, as long as it keeps the organ aesthetic, otherwise I’ll pass :P how often are you going to field more than 3 Exorcists anyway :D

Apocalypse :devil:

I started a savings account just for sisters right after the announcement, and made a vow to not buy any models except the new knight, and put any money I would've spent into the account. Even if it is just a plastic release of the main line, something like:

Cannoness

Battle Sister Squad

Celestian Squad

Retributor Squad

Seraphim Squad

Plastic Exorcist bits

They can do the Custodes trick for some where you can build a Cannoness of each type from the box, if you want. Any more kits than these are just a bonus for me honestly, but I've been a fan of just the lore and not as invested as some, so just the main kits for me. Either way..I will drop at least 500-600$ on these kits in the first month if they release the ones above.

*sigh* I have followed suit.  GW has me by the nostalgia on this one.  When I was back in high school I had an entirely metal Sisters army, ditched them a *long* time ago and never looked back....Till I heard *plastic* Sisters with new codex. Yikes. gonna be a long wait! 

Day one I will also be dropping a rather large sum of money on the sisters, till then I have Celestine, 3 rhinos, and a canonness viridya sitting on the shelf. (luckily I disbanded a White Scars army but kept the rhinos!) 

So I have a nice start, day those plastics come out I can expect to get at least 3-4 boxes of the basic troops +  a box of whatever other options come out if not 2 of each. Day one will be a 500 dollar drop I am sure.  

I'm starting my savings account now. I'll only be building my custom Exorcists and Repressors for now. I don't really see a need to ever build Rhinos. The Repressors are so much better imho. I'll hopefully have around $500-1500 to drop on their initial release.

Hopefully we will get a repressor kit, that would make life easier too. I might grab Celestine and paint her, but honestly I won't use Rhinos if we get Repressors, because they are just that much better.

We already have access to Repressors through Forge World rules. It is just in their index. Really wish they had their books on iPad. 

Ohh yeah! Celestine! I forgot I could grab her and paint her. There is also the resin cannoness. 

I will be using shapeways stuff to build my vehicles off the Razorback boxes and holding on to the extra bits or selling them on ebay.

Repressor Mod

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MWW3HQ9XH/heavy-transport-conversion

Exorcist Mod

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ULN4ZTDNG/tornado-vls-hatch-launch?optionId=63271131&li=marketplace

Hopefully we will get a repressor kit, that would make life easier too. I might grab Celestine and paint her, but honestly I won't use Rhinos if we get Repressors, because they are just that much better.

We already have access to Repressors through Forge World rules. It is just in their index. Really wish they had their books on iPad. 

Ohh yeah! Celestine! I forgot I could grab her and paint her. There is also the resin cannoness. 

I will be using shapeways stuff to build my vehicles off the Razorback boxes and holding on to the extra bits or selling them on ebay.

Repressor Mod

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MWW3HQ9XH/heavy-transport-conversion

Exorcist Mod

https://www.shapeways.com/product/ULN4ZTDNG/tornado-vls-hatch-launch?optionId=63271131&li=marketplace

I know I should not say it because it's a product of mine, but I suggest you to use this for Exorcists:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/UTLS2JLET/banisher-missile-launcher

710x528_22189227_12411726_1522961446.jpg

I unfortunately can only play at a GW store, so have to use Gw bits to kitbash. Probably a modded whirlwind for an exorcist and not sure otherwise. I didn't realize repressors were FW, battlescribe didnt say it.

They are forge world and not sold anymore. But most GW stores just require the model to be like 65% GW bits. 

That looks amazing! But I really like the low profile of the other model has for the Exorcist. Have you thought about making doors, extra armour and other decorative bits? I really like the artistic style on it and would totally order bits designed for the doors, front, and back of the Rhino Chassis. If you could make a decent repressor mod with that artistic styling I would snatch that up too. :happy.:

Edit: Looking through your other molds now. Seems you've already done some of what I was requesting. Great work btw

Edit Edit: Man I really like your stuff! I'll be adding a bunch of it to my list to buy stuff.

This is exactly my thought.  These models and their potential updates and plastic iterations are what excite me most about the SoB codex. 

I'm starting my savings account now. I'll only be building my custom Exorcists and Repressors for now. I don't really see a need to ever build Rhinos. The Repressors are so much better imho. I'll hopefully have around $500-1500 to drop on their initial release.
I put 200$ away immediately after adepticon, and then 3 days after I got back got a check I wasn't expecting. I also am committed to putting 50-100$ away each paycheck(unless some extreme adversity happens), so I'm gonna be SO FREAKIN READY when these come out.

I'm sitting at right around 600$ right now, my goal is to get up to the point where I can afford enough models to make 2 seperate 4000pt armies in different color schemes. Gotta be able to differentiate those detachments, yunno?

I just had a vision of walking into my FLGS with mirrored aviators and a gold chain and buying their entire stock by just tossing a wad of bills at them and walking out.

Wait, repentia wouldn't be given bikes? But they would be strapped into a machine built with the materials to make 10 bikes and sent screaming into combat, on a suicide mission, because??? :P

Archived