Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Adepticon RE: Sisters Plastics in 2019

155 replies to this topic

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 490 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

If you are referring to Penitent Engines:

Any repentant heretic may be sentenced to be condemned to a Penitent Engine. It is used when arco-flagellation is deemed to be too lenient a punishment. I would think that a Sister of Battle being so sentenced would be amazingly rare.

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

Lord Grimskull

Lord Grimskull

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

Any repentant heretic may be sentenced to be condemned to a Penitent Engine. It is used when arco-flagellation is deemed to be too lenient a punishment. I would think that a Sister of Battle being so sentenced would be amazingly rare.

I was being cheeky, but : http://warhammer40k....Penitent_Engine

It does seem to imply that sisters are more than capable of suiting themselves up into this thing. After all the penance can be for something even imagined.
That being said, I took more consideration with the argument that bikes would be costly to throw away effectively being used on repentia, considered they are willing to dump thrones on huge walkers for a single pentitant pilot.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,209 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

I was being cheeky, but : http://warhammer40k....Penitent_Engine
It does seem to imply that sisters are more than capable of suiting themselves up into this thing. After all the penance can be for something even imagined.
That being said, I took more consideration with the argument that bikes would be costly to throw away effectively being used on repentia, considered they are willing to dump thrones on huge walkers for a single pentitant pilot.

You might have a point. That said, the 40k wiki and Lexicanum aren't nearly as accurate as they like to appear ;)

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Callan

Callan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
  • Location:The City of Kansas in the State of Misery, Holy Terra

You might have a point. That said, the 40k wiki and Lexicanum aren't nearly as accurate as they like to appear ;)

More that in a fictional universe as large as this one, lore doesn't always match lore, I think. Wiki sites do their best, the poor little beasts.

ValourousHeart

ValourousHeart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,502 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Gossamer Shroud

I hate waiting... GW promised that they would share behind the scenes details for the sisters.  When will they start?

"Let it begin! Let it begin! Let it begin!!!"

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,209 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit

I hate waiting... GW promised that they would share behind the scenes details for the sisters.  When will they start?

"Let it begin! Let it begin! Let it begin!!!"

I have a feeling that Warhammer Fest might have something to reveal. I'd like to go as I live literally 4.5 miles from the venue. If I do go, naturally, it'll be something I'll be watching out for! ^_^

Once, a Novice Cantus came to me, troubled and uncertain. A slip of a girl, only a few strides down the eternal path leading her to the Golden Throne. She asked me a question. She asked me how we can ever truly understand what faith is. I told her that there is no coin to measure what we feel in our hearts. There are no scales upon which we might weigh the faith of one woman against another. There is only duty and blood. There are only deeds and words. There is only the service to the God-Emperor, and the price that demands from each Sister can only be known by Him. But know that whatever fears must be faced, whatever hardships endured, that price is forever worth its full cost.
- Sister Katherine Elysius,
Daughter of the Emperor (later Imperial Saint Katherine)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users