New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Found this on BOLS:

• The Armigers drop 60 points – The Forgebane had them at 223, which puts them at 163 points base
  • Knights drop 25 points base – If that’s the case then that puts them at 295 from Index/Ad Mech codex values
  • Avenger Gatling Cannon dropped 20 points – The Index has them listed at 95, so that would mean 70 points for that weapon option
  • Knight Dominus Points are 100 more than Guilliman – Robbie G is 385, so that translates to 485 for the Dominus
  • New Rumored Terrain Kit 90 points

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/05/40k-breaking-imperial-knight-point-rumors.html

New for me.

Think we've heard most of these, worded differently though. The points drop of the gatling I specifically do not recall hearing. If true, it's most welcome. Is it the only old knight weapon that gets a price drop though?

The rumors seem be from the same source so don't know if we can call them corroborated.

EDIT: Oh, right. I remember seeing the rumor of a "large multilaser" before, but I'm not sure it was specifically mentioned to be the weapon of the special character, as here?

I wonder if they'll end up changing or even removing a few of the existing knight datasheets. Looking at the current differences between them I really feel like 5 separate datasheets seems like overkill

It does fill pages in what is a sparse codex however.

And also, like I've said before, it stops you capping out on datasheets with the new rule of three beta rules like renegade knights do.

Hi hermanista we are both sources now for the Knights release over on Faeit - somebody has put a compilation of our greatest hits in quote form among with a couple of other things from around the web lol

Think we've heard most of these, worded differently though. The points drop of the gatling I specifically do not recall hearing. If true, it's most welcome. Is it the only old knight weapon that gets a price drop though?

The rumors seem be from the same source so don't know if we can call them corroborated.

EDIT: Oh, right. I remember seeing the rumor of a "large multilaser" before, but I'm not sure it was specifically mentioned to be the weapon of the special character, as here?

These are the exact same rumours that popped up a few days ago except now BoLS reworded them. And somewhat poorly since, as people have noted, G-man is 400 as of the big FAQ and 95-20 is indeed 75

I have found out pilots play a part in the new dex.

Couldn't get any context to that though, source is such a tease, lol, so no idea if that means models or not. I guess not or they would have been on the release sheet surely?

Couldn't get any context to that though, source is such a tease, lol, so no idea if that means models or not. I guess not or they would have been on the release sheet surely?

Did you hit them up with that reverse psychology? Someone had speculated that earlier I remember but it sounded like wishful thinking to me then, very cool if we get another "layer" of traits

Probably a pilot model comes with the new titan kits. In which case it wouldn't be on a release sheet.

Perhaps picking a type of pilot personality grants an additional attribute to the Knight?  Like an aggressive pilot might get to reroll charges or something.  Would allow some unique abilities/knight like some people were hoping.

Holy crap, ninja'd by 3 people!  LOL

Did you hit them up with that reverse psychology? Someone had speculated that earlier I remember but it sounded like wishful thinking to me then, very cool if we get another "layer" of traits

It was hard work getting anything out of them tbh. Lol

Uhlans/Dolorous etc etc ranks from 30k would be awesome though

It was hard work getting anything out of them tbh. Lol

Uhlans/Dolorous etc etc ranks from 30k would be awesome though

This'd be my guess - and frankly it'd make a hell of a lot of sense wouldn't it?

It's canon insomuch as it's been a thing with 'roles'/'ranks' attached to Knights in 30K since their inception really. It's not a huge stretch to see them make the jump to 40K. It's fluffy, and far less work creatively on GW's part.

Can you maybe explain how these Knight ranks work un 30k?

Basically, you have all of the knights as Lords of War.

However, you have a collection of ranks that have the other set battlefield roles (fast attack, troops, HQ, etc.) Each role has more than one rank available to it and carries bonus rules and costs (and some penalties for a few.) When you take a knight, you have to assign it a rank. It now occupies that battlefield role, in addition to being a Lord of War. The army list requires 1 HQ and 1 troop, but you're free to try the other roles after that.

For example, and this one is a favorite, there is a heavy support role called the Knight Arbalaster, representing knights that focused on providing fire support for their housemates. It forces the knight to be a Heavy Support but grants it two benefits. First, it gains tank hunter. This was BIG, and the most common reason to take it. Second, if the knight stood still in the movement phase, it could shoot at flyers just fine. Give this to a crusader or warden and they'll absolutely wreck things.

Does that help?

Is it just me or is there a new weapon on the Knight in the header art for the latest Regimental Standard? Looks like some kind of lance weapon with an angular shield or director? Also note the different tilting shield and face plate. Those could be artistic license but that weapon is pretty obvious. Is RS the new Rumor Engine? In fact, I think that's a new weapon on the pintle mount as well. Doesn't look like a stubbed or melta. 

https://regimental-standard.com/2018/05/23/thousands-liberated-by-sir-hekhtur/

That looks like the Cerastus Knight Atrapos Lascutter.

Is he the "tall thin knight". Are we getting plastic Cerastus after all?

Is it just me or is there a new weapon on the Knight in the header art for the latest Regimental Standard? Looks like some kind of lance weapon with an angular shield or director? Also note the different tilting shield and face plate. Those could be artistic license but that weapon is pretty obvious. Is RS the new Rumor Engine? In fact, I think that's a new weapon on the pintle mount as well. Doesn't look like a stubbed or melta. 

https://regimental-standard.com/2018/05/23/thousands-liberated-by-sir-hekhtur/

That looks like the Cerastus Knight Atrapos Lascutter.

Is he the "tall thin knight". Are we getting plastic Cerastus after all?

Yeah, one of my Twitter buddies pointed that out. If it's not a lascutter, it's almost certainly the same family. I'm guessing something with a ranged/melee profile. But yeah, this looks like a Questoris frame so maybe we're talking about a new sprue? 

Man... I hope they release house dice! Get some sweet Yellow dice for my Hawkshroud Knights and field them with my Imperial Fists.... 

They would also look really good with the Primaris Chapter Rift Stalkers.... Damnit GW! I love what you are doing with the game... I hate what you're causing me to do to my finances!

We know GW has something more up their sleeve, it will be interesting to see just how much. I personally like the image of the pilot and the armour he's wearing; suddenly has me wondering if there would be a market for a cockpit + pilot kit/s intended for Knights. I suspect I already know the answer...

Archived