New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

We know GW has something more up their sleeve, it will be interesting to see just how much. I personally like the image of the pilot and the armour he's wearing; suddenly has me wondering if there would be a market for a cockpit + pilot kit/s intended for Knights. I suspect I already know the answer...

If they start selling a cockpit/pilot kit, that would be a sure indicator that FW's own kit is popular...

Plus I'm confident it'd sell a lot more if it had beenbuilt for the Qu3storis frame.

I think BolterZorro is referring to this article http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/05/40k-wrath-and-glory-pre-orders-start-next-friday.html that alludes to the fact that a 40k RPG is due to be released next. Although I can't find that info on the warhammer community website nor do I know that it would mean that knights aren't released at the same time.

Wrath and Glory is a licensed product, it has nought to do with GWs release schedule

Yeah, I can't imagine that GW percieves the customer overlap to be large enough for that release to change anything on their own side. I feel like this sunday is sort of the last chance we have to get the ball rolling before AoS 2.0 and it'd be strange if we don't get it before then. Who'd describe something as being very, very close if the actual release is months away?

We know GW has something more up their sleeve, it will be interesting to see just how much. I personally like the image of the pilot and the armour he's wearing; suddenly has me wondering if there would be a market for a cockpit + pilot kit/s intended for Knights. I suspect I already know the answer...

Yes. Yes there would. Problem is there's so little room, and the interior space is just the 'blobbed' detail from the outside of the carapace, so it's a really strange surface to work with. I ultimately decided it wasn't worth doing a cockpit for my Queen Bee, and you know how much effort went into that conversion. If you made it easy, I would be ecstatic but I don't even know how you would do it. 

I think BolterZorro is referring to this article http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2018/05/40k-wrath-and-glory-pre-orders-start-next-friday.html that alludes to the fact that a 40k RPG is due to be released next. Although I can't find that info on the warhammer community website nor do I know that it would mean that knights aren't released at the same time.

That game isn't coming out until GenCon in the US, but preorders will begin this weekend through Ulisses Spiel. I don't think GW will be selling it at all. 

Some new rumours from spikey bits https://spikeybits.com/2018/05/sir-hekhtur-canis-rex-knight-character-rules.html

Sir Hecktor & Canis Rex cost 50 more than Robbie G to field. Rex is the new Preceptor class 4A hits on 2+ for CC &Range. Pulse Laser 36″ 2d6 S6 -2 D3 or 18″ D6 S12 -4 d6 damage. Hand of Liberty (melee) S16 -4 2d6 Damage (always at least a 6) trhows dead vehicles and monsters 9″ doing d3 MW on a 4+.  If Sir Hecktor survives Rex’s 2d6 explosion d6MW explosion sets up on board and plays. Vet Guard statline w/ Archotech pistol S5 -2 2. Affected by Freeblade table.

EDIT: Honestly if those rumours are true and I understand them correctly then you get the character and the actual knight for 450 points. That should indicate a significant drop in points for knights in general and the previous rumour of 25 points cheaper doesn't correlate to that.

Some new rumours from spikey bits https://spikeybits.com/2018/05/sir-hekhtur-canis-rex-knight-character-rules.html

Sir Hecktor & Canis Rex cost 50 more than Robbie G to field. Rex is the new Preceptor class 4A hits on 2+ for CC &Range. Pulse Laser 36″ 2d6 S6 -2 D3 or 18″ D6 S12 -4 d6 damage. Hand of Liberty (melee) S16 -4 2d6 Damage (always at least a 6) trhows dead vehicles and monsters 9″ doing d3 MW on a 4+.  If Sir Hecktor survives Rex’s 2d6 explosion d6MW explosion sets up on board and plays. Vet Guard statline w/ Archotech pistol S5 -2 2. Affected by Freeblade table.

EDIT: Honestly if those rumours are true and I understand them correctly then you get the character and the actual knight for 450 points. That should indicate a significant drop in points for knights in general and the previous rumour of 25 points cheaper doesn't correlate to that.

Sounds like fun!  I agree with your sentiment too.....and honestly....cheaper pointed knights means GW sells more....and makes more money.  It is in their best interest. ;)

Hmm.

I want to love the Pulse Laser, but if those numbers are right... I don't know. I've done a bit of Mathhammer on it and it's rapid fire mode isn't as good as the Avenger (in fact, if not for hitting on a 2+, it wouldn't compete with the RFBC either), whereas you'd always be better off with a Thermal cannon vs it's other mode.

The profile switching is quite nice, but given you have better anti-tank in it's melee weapon anyway, the anti-armour shooting mode looks a bit niche? It's not terrible, but I think it would have been nice to have had something a little more unique, rather than a weaker version of two existing weapons you can switch between.

Hmm.

I want to love the Pulse Laser, but if those numbers are right... I don't know. I've done a bit of Mathhammer on it and it's rapid fire mode isn't as good as the Avenger (in fact, if not for hitting on a 2+, it wouldn't compete with the RFBC either), whereas you'd always be better off with a Thermal cannon vs it's other mode.

The profile switching is quite nice, but given you have better anti-tank in it's melee weapon anyway, the anti-armour shooting mode looks a bit niche? It's not terrible, but I think it would have been nice to have had something a little more unique, rather than a weaker version of two existing weapons you can switch between.

Yeah, but maybe that's the price you pay for versatility? And if that close combat weapon doesn't have a -1 to hit modifier it's very good. And the knight itself is 450 points with a chance for the pilot to survive? It seems like a good deal, let's not get greedy here haha

Archived