New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

I wonder if I could ditch all the big knights and just run Armigers/Helverins...

Just for a laugh...

I think that's gonna depend on the statline of that helverin gun. They call them fast-moving, long-ranged fire support but I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to utilise their speed in that setup. And obviously anti-horde might be a problem since it looks like neither armigers nor helverins currently have much of a horde clearing option. That slash attack might help with that though, unless people hide in ruins.

Aye I'm really intrigued.

I'm thinking 4 shot Autocannons, maybe more damage? Though a Mortis Dread can take "4 shot Autocannons" in twinliked versions.

Unless it got some very unique rules, a pure combat one would probably be a bit pants.

I was thinking armigers for vehicles and avengers on my regular knights for what anti horde we have. The harpoon knight might be good for it with three flamers and autocannons out the butt.

Hopefully I can do 4 armigers, a crusader and a harpoon knight. Also, hopefully the autocannon turret hardpoints on the shoulders can be put on the harpoon knight.

I'm also really stuck on the terrain piece.

Max damage output is cool, but I play so offensively that I don't want a knight such as the Castellan holding back.

I've got all the bits in sprue form to make one, but I'll probably skip it unless there are points left over in the army and it's dirt cheap - not really looked at the other terrain piece costs.

1750 GT lists really hurts, but a big knight such as a crusadee, 6-8 armiger/helverins could be a laugh.

Expensive when I have so many knights already, all depends on the stats now really.

How many dice are in those boxes?

Form the first look at it, it seems to be easy to magnetize the big fella. I might just buy one.

Had more hopes for the Helverin.

Somehow I knew the Armiger kit would be more Imperial with the shoulder pads. Is that just one weapon load out for the Helverins then?

Knight looks great to see it properly, I fear it's only a matter of time before I get that second Knight I never planned for...

The dominus class looks to be a breeze to magnetise. The three hardpoints on top, the two arms, most likely the two chest guns. Other than that the head and waist are probably good to do as well for dynamic posing but it all looks quite simple. Considering how much this kit is going to cost I'd really recommend people to magnetise

Hmm trivial observation, but there's this uneven ridge thing above the head of the Castellan model that they painted. (was visible in the trailer way back too)... but the valiant doesn't have it... in fact there's subtle differences with the plating around over the head too. I wonder why?

EDIT: Actually, the more and more I look the more differences I find on the detailing of the top carapaces between the two

Hmm trivial observation, but there's this uneven ridge thing above the head of the Castellan model that they painted. (was visible in the trailer way back too)... but the valiant doesn't have it... in fact there's subtle differences with the plating around over the head too. I wonder why?

EDIT: Actually, the more and more I look the more differences I find on the detailing of the top carapaces between the two

I think the blue one is probably the prototype model and the red is the actual kit looking at it.

Are we sure they both come in the same kit? Because the entire carapace is slightly different.. Maybe they've kept them separate to keep costs down? The hood being different is no big deal but surely they wouldn't pack two carapaceplates?

I think the blue one is probably the prototype model and the red is the actual kit looking at it.

One will be the resin master/prototype print.

The other a production model

Oh, cool. That's good news

So we are still waiting on the preceptor (dual kit for canis rex). I guess it would make sense to have a second questor kit that has a completely different set of weapons. Rather than expanding the already crowded warden box. Interesting.

I wonder if the valiant/castellan can run 3 autogun turrets or three pairs of missiles.

So we are still waiting on the preceptor (dual kit for canis rex). I guess it would make sense to have a second questor kit that has a completely different set of weapons. Rather than expanding the already crowded warden box. Interesting.

I wonder if the valiant/castellan can run 3 autogun turrets or three pairs of missiles.

I believe they were said to be limited to have up to 4 missile in various rumors and they're one use weapons. I'm guessing the limitation is from amount of bits in the box, there's probably only enough to make two each in the kit, so people will have to pick either two turrets or two missile pairs.

From what I've heard both carapace fronts are in the kit. I don't know if the whole top is separate or if it is just a seam along the top where it can be swapped out. 

I'm curious if the new preceptor kit has some mechanicus styled armor so you can build the Questoris knights to match your mechanicus styled Armigers and Dominus Knights. If it's a whole additional sprue, there is a lot more room on it than what we've seen so far in the special character and new weapon.

What are people thinking the chances are regarding the Armigers having additional, as yet unseen, weapons options?

None of the rumours have mentioned it yet. We have the existing Warglaive and now the new Helverin. I am not expecting anything else as part of this release.

I'm curious if the new preceptor kit has some mechanicus styled armor so you can build the Questoris knights to match your mechanicus styled Armigers and Dominus Knights. If it's a whole additional sprue, there is a lot more room on it than what we've seen so far in the special character and new weapon.

That's a pretty neat idea. Makes sense now that we've seen the armiger gets a mechanicus theme and Imperialis theme. As a questor mechanicus player this has me pretty excited.

What are people thinking the chances are regarding the Armigers having additional, as yet unseen, weapons options?

None of the rumours have mentioned it yet. We have the existing Warglaive and now the new Helverin. I am not expecting anything else as part of this release.

I remember in a Valrak video a month or two ago he said that he had heard there would be three different versions of the armiger. By armiger I assume that he meant the chassis, so the warglaive, the helverin and one more. Mind you, this might be nothing but there have been rumours about it.

EDIT: Totally unrelated, but the more I look at the dominus class knights the more I wish I could switch out their chest guns for additional plating. Instead of the meltas they get more armour that makes the look bulkier and as such raise their toughness to 9. It probably wouldn't be easy to make it fit seamlessly but it could look really cool I think.

Archived