New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Already hunting ebay for sales on the Armigers. I know that the Imperial Knights should eventually get a release for their own Armigers but I'm not sure if I should wait. It took almost six months for some of the Death Guard stuff to release. I just want to be ready for the LVO 2019 really. What every army I end up building and taking to the LVO Friendly. I just want to have a good time.

Edit: Was reading about the Armigers from the Necron/Mech box and it says they have thermal spears as weapons. Looks like it is not just meltas.

Thermal Spears are their main melta weapon. Compare to the Errants Thermal Cannon.

Maybe an explanation for the delay to fires of Cyraxis?

According to Rob, previously of Warhammer TV fame, he recently said the Fires of Cyraxis book is a myth and even as the owner of a 30K mechanicum army he does not believe it will arrive this year. The rules team is struggling to keep up with releases and to recover from the sad loss of Alan Bligh and FW in general is a bit lost. 

I hope he is wrong on this but he does have a large amount of inside knowledge because of the lead time of releases. GW have lost one of their rules team too recently and are down to 5 remaining with responsibility for 40K, AoS, Shadespire, Necromunda, stand alone products like Forgebane, etc, etc. That is a tough line up to keep up with at GW's current release rate.

On the back is a second reactor. Shield generators are the nodes on to of normal knights. It's going to have a dangerous explodes profile for sure.

I really think it's just an upgrade kit and those legs are the same as a normal knight. Compared to Armiger this thing looks very close to other knights. Considering how agile regular Questoris class knights are I suspect it can bear the weight but be slower.

Questoris Knights have their Left Leg forward.  the new Dominus has its Right leg forward.  the questoris legs were NOT posable unless you took a knife and saw to them.

Does anyone have any official quotes regarding fires of cyraxis. I don’t really understand how the official stance can go from almost here to ‘buggered if we know when.’

One would think it would be an easier book to write since it’s basically rehashing existing models right?

Anyone got a link to the last official word on the subject other than #shrug

Does anyone have any official quotes regarding fires of cyraxis. I don’t really understand how the official stance can go from almost here to ‘buggered if we know when.’

One would think it would be an easier book to write since it’s basically rehashing existing models right?

Anyone got a link to the last official word on the subject other than #shrug

Well yes but Forge World's release schedule got pushed back by a year or more as a result of the loss of three senior design team members in a matter of months. Also who knows what'll be in Fires of Cyraxis, at this point maybe something to tie into the new Armiger and Dominus kits... we'll just have to wait and see. 

I wonder... If the new knight might impact peoples use of the Crusader? If it's a tougher up-gunned slower gun-platform then it might take over the role a lot perhaps.

All depends on the PPD ratio I suppose - points per DAKKA.

Plus you have survivability to take into account, it could end up that one big knight with more guns is better than two smaller or vice versa.

I wonder... If the new knight might impact peoples use of the Crusader? If it's a tougher up-gunned slower gun-platform then it might take over the role a lot perhaps.

Unless the new Knight has something similar to the Avenger Gatling Cannon then I doubt it. Knights need more anti-infantry Dakka, while the Castellan seems to be mostly focused on higher damage anti-vehicle weapons. It may have other weapons that make it better than the Crusader but from what we've been shown it'll serve a different role. I just wish we could take Crusaders with two Avengers like Chaos can...

Also as Charlo said it will depend on the points and it's durability. Even if it has more firepower it may not be enough to justify too high of a cost, too much sunk into a single model.

Unless the new Knight has something similar to the Avenger Gatling Cannon then I doubt it. Knights need more anti-infantry Dakka, while the Castellan seems to be mostly focused on higher damage anti-vehicle weapons. It may have other weapons that make it better than the Crusader but from what we've been shown it'll serve a different role. I just wish we could take Crusaders with two Avengers like Chaos can...

Also as Charlo said it will depend on the points and it's durability. Even if it has more firepower it may not be enough to justify too high of a cost, too much sunk into a single model.

Why can’t imperial knights take 2. Is it an oversight or something intentional do you reckon. I wonder if it’s worth pinging the warhammer community team in case they haven’t realised.

I always assumed it was because the STC for the crusader was fairly specific but chaos tainted houses couldn’t care about that.

Yeah, I think it's more something along these lines rather than that the box only contains one of each weapons. Besides how many boxes for like an infantry squad contains enough special weapons to satisfy every possible build? I just don't think that's necessarily a big concern for GW when it comes to situations like these.

Knight Valiant is happening, armed with some kind of spear weapon.

I'm so excited, just need these other inferior releases out of the way ;-) lol

Oh, so you've gotten some new info? That's cool, it's still based on the Castellan model as far as you know, right? Anything else new? I'm sitting here magnetising my Armigers right now so the hype level for knights is already dangerously high haha

Honestly, I don't know if it's an entirely new kit again or if it's built off the Castellan chassis.

That would make sense though I guess, in the same way we've seen the Armiger has a build and the sprue B, so assumedly there's a sprue A and possibly c/d etc etc.

Exciting times

Archived