New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

I'm definitely buying the big knight and I might buy a couple more of the small ones if the alternative weapons are cool. A close combat orientated one would tick a lot of boxes.

Agreed, the Gallant is really just a half-measure IMO and isn't really a dedicated melee platform so much as a downgraded Paladin/Errant.  It'd be nice to see some truly "unique" melee options on a big bad IK.

Note that regarding rumours, I'm always a skeptic despite GW's amazing surprises this year (Eisenhorn, Armigers, etc.).  Hopefully that doesn't come across as me calling anyone out!  :P

Yeah, I feel as though the gallant should get +1ws and -1bs or something to make it better in actual combat. Hitting on 3s with a thunderstrike might make me actually use it outside of hoping for something cinematic, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Knight Valiant is happening, armed with some kind of spear weapon.

I'm so excited, just need these other inferior releases out of the way ;-) lol

Hi hermanista, do you believe this is the taller Knight kit we talked about earlier? Cerastus Knight Lancer style but in plastic? Fits what I am hearing in private but still not a glimpse of the model in public? 

Release timeline I'd guess earliest is next month, we have the small Shadespire release, Deepkin is going to be at least two possibly three weeks, we have Kill Team 2 in the mix somewhere, Deathwatch, and I'm going to guess at Knights being a 2 week release, Codex & Castellan, Valiant & Armiger? I can't see GW releasing 2 distinct £100+ kits together in a single week. Then as we get towards mid to late June there is AoS 2 new starter set and lots of new Stormcast and Death releases.

Knight Valiant is happening, armed with some kind of spear weapon.

I'm so excited, just need these other inferior releases out of the way ;-) lol

Hi hermanista, do you believe this is the taller Knight kit we talked about earlier? Cerastus Knight Lancer style but in plastic? Fits what I am hearing in private but still not a glimpse of the model in public? 

Release timeline I'd guess earliest is next month, we have the small Shadespire release, Deepkin is going to be at least two possibly three weeks, we have Kill Team 2 in the mix somewhere, Deathwatch, and I'm going to guess at Knights being a 2 week release, Codex & Castellan, Valiant & Armiger? I can't see GW releasing 2 distinct £100+ kits together in a single week. Then as we get towards mid to late June there is AoS 2 new starter set and lots of new Stormcast and Death releases.

What did your hear in private (I know private - just fishing for info, you know?)? :whistling:

There are 2 releases this week, right? Those seathingies and shadespire dudes. So maybe we will get our robots at the end of

April if they release several things at the same tim.

The two weeks release for knights sounds plausible. Big kits stretched over 2 weeks does make sense. 

I'm wracking my brain of the order they were presented on the release sheet, but I think it went

Castellan

Armiger

Valiant

Helliger

So I'd expect the first two one week, the other the week after.

The valiant is silver with a spear and some plasma type gun I think. As I think I've said before I'd expect it to be the character box as well.

I don't know if it's thin/lanky or not, and it was so long ago now that I'm wracking the noggin to remember the conversation.

The release sheet did have renegade on there as well, so hopefully that means a rerelease or an update?

And I was thinking May too, what came out last May? As it's likely from a sales pov GW will want to match last year's release with another similar level one to keep the pounds ticking over

I'm wracking my brain of the order they were presented on the release sheet, but I think it went

Castellan

Armiger

Valiant

Helliger

Aren't the Armiger and Helliger the same type of knight with different loadouts? I thought that this would be one kit with multiple weapon options. 

Castellan

Armiger

Valiant

Helliger

Aren't the Armiger and Helliger the same type of knight with different loadouts? I thought that this would be one kit with multiple weapon options.

There were on the release sheet as two separate boxes.

Which makes me think shooty type box and combat type box

It would certainly make sense marketing wise "Look - 2 new units and next week there will be 2 additional new units!" 

Well, I guess I have to wait until May to find out. :(

I guess more time to get some money saved. 

Castellan

Armiger

Valiant

Helliger

The valiant is silver with a spear and some plasma type gun I think. As I think I've said before I'd expect it to be the character box as well.

I don't know if it's thin/lanky or not, and it was so long ago now that I'm wracking the noggin to remember the conversation.

The release sheet did have renegade on there as well, so hopefully that means a rerelease or an update?

And I was thinking May too, what came out last May? As it's likely from a sales pov GW will want to match last year's release with another similar level one to keep the pounds ticking overT

The height of the Valiant I was told was taller than the current model and the Castellan and I was reminded a couple of weeks ago because I said I was going to order a Cerastus - don't was the instruction just wait a month, maybe 6 weeks as it would be much easier to build a plastic version of that style Knight than messing with resin legs. Now it might be a staged release over a couple of weeks it might even have a splash release in between to give wallets time to recover I have no information on that at all.

I haven't seen a release sheet all my information is from a person who claims to have seen the studio model and this year has been bang on about every major release for 40k and AoS but as always with rumours until the pictures exist it's all plus salt :smile.:

The height of the Valiant I was told was taller than the current model and the Castellan and I was reminded a couple of weeks ago because I said I was going to order a Cerastus - don't was the instruction just wait a month, maybe 6 weeks as it would be much easier to build a plastic version of that style Knight than messing with resin legs. Now it might be a staged release over a couple of weeks it might even have a splash release in between to give wallets time to recover I have no information on that at all.

I haven't seen a release sheet all my information is from a person who claims to have seen the studio model and this year has been bang on about every major release for 40k and AoS but as always with rumours until the pictures exist it's all plus salt :smile.:

Hmm, so a couple of weeks ago you were told 4-6 weeks? So 2-4 weeks into the future from now then roughly? That would be nice, since it's a bit earlier than my estimate. Although with the deepkin stuff I really don't think we get the codex before May 5th. A taller knight would be cool, especially since I'm not really a fan of resin. Were you told anything about equipment on it?

Wow, that sounds really cool. I hope they don't mess this up!

I thought about buying the Lancer a long time as I already own the Castigator and Acheron but I will be strong and won't go impluse buying on the FW website... :D

Archived