New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

No sign of new knights at Warhammerfest 

Forge World did give an update on Fires of Cyraxus - 2/3 complete, conversion to 8th edition rules and lore, writing due to restart in 2-3 months and hope to release before end of the year. A tad disappointed by this and given how easily time lines slip at FW I'd be surprised to see it this year.

I watched some of that 40k game they streamed (custodes vs IG) and at least from what I heard it didn't seem like they would announce much else. Obviously they didn't come out and say that but they talked about the reveals in past tense without ever mentioning that more was to come in the way of new content. They just brought up golden daemon and that sort of stuff that was still to come.

Entirely possible I'm reading way too much into this though.

No sign of new knights at Warhammerfest 

Forge World did give an update on Fires of Cyraxus - 2/3 complete, conversion to 8th edition rules and lore, writing due to restart in 2-3 months and hope to release before end of the year. A tad disappointed by this and given how easily time lines slip at FW I'd be surprised to see it this year.

So...including possible delays, Cyraxus is coming in March, again? Third time's the charm...

I'm so tired of having the rug pulled out from under me with FoC

Me too. For one, with not much more to do for my AdMech army (besides knights), I just started the next army. And I'm not dropping a single dime in FWs direction until my Ordinatus has rules again.

It is dead. We won't have any new anouncement. :verymad:

I really expected some preview and info about knights. But nada. Never mind, we already know that they're coming soon.

In the meantime, I'm pretty amazed with AoS preview: both my actual armies are in a single box: SC + Death.

I take the complete silence on the matter to mean they're coming pretty soon. I see some sense in that they want their preorder 'reveal' to have some thunder if its gonna come in 1 or 2 weeks time, ie right after the event. If its that close, and you want to some fanfare, why reveal it at the event? We already had an earlier reveal of the Castellan, and we know they're coming soon. I don't think there was reveal of anything harlequin either which is coming for preorder next week by most estimates? 

Might just be me wishful thinking, but we know the codex is after Harlequins, we've already seen the big new mini that will come with it. We've even seen the cover art for the new codex i believe... I think they'll push em out before the AoS train gets going. Hopefully.

I honestly think the knights are coming in July at this point. I think Valrak said the entire month of June would be AoS so if harlequins go up on preorder the 19th, they'll be out by the 26th. Even if knights go up on pre order the same day it's still bleeding into June, not to mention knights will probably be 2 weeks of releases.

I get the feeling GW had hoped to push them out before then but they might have run into some production issues which would make sense considering the amount of weeks we had with deepkin releases, if they merely spread those out to keep the look of a busy schedule going.

Maybe I'm wrong, I have no inside information so it's all speculation but I feel like this is a good moment to temper expectations. This doesn't even go into Fires of Cyraxus where I've tried to tell people to put that book out of their minds for a while now. 

Maybe I'm wrong, I have no inside information so it's all speculation but I feel like this is a good moment to temper expectations. This doesn't even go into Fires of Cyraxus where I've tried to tell people to put that book out of their minds for a while now. 

...and nonetheless, in every AdMech forum around, every 2 weeks someone else opens a topic to ask about including FW stuff. :rolleyes:

I'm so tired of having the rug pulled out from under me with FoC.

Me too. For one, with not much more to do for my AdMech army (besides knights), I just started the next army. And I'm not dropping a single dime in FWs direction until my Ordinatus has rules again.

Same here, I got a little bored with Ad Mech lately, hope the Knights will change that.

New knights might be nice model-wise, but either replace the centerpiece of the existing army, or the majority of points in a regular game. Either way, not much to change what we can field or how to play, which is why I'm starting the next army.

Yeah every time I play AdMech I end up taking lists that share 75% of the same stuff. We have so few options and some are such stinkers that there's no real wiggle room so most games end up going the same way. I love my AdMech but right now they're mostly just a fallback army for when I need a break from something else.

At this stage, given the amount of work that has put in on Custodes in a relatively short period, I think that some 'beta rules' for 30k Ad Mech units in 40k would buy Forge World a lot of goodwill. Especially given the length of wait people have had to live with regarding FoC.

At this stage, given the amount of work that has put in on Custodes in a relatively short period, I think that some 'beta rules' for 30k Ad Mech units in 40k would buy Forge World a lot of goodwill. Especially given the length of wait people have had to live with regarding FoC.

This. I was disappointed when the Indices included every single imperial 40k model, but the ordinatii (one gun already covered by the warlord titan, ergo 1 chassis and 1 gun) left out. Also, secutarii are just one special rule (field generator), one gun, one CC weapon and the shield thingy. The amount of work is hardly the reason they haven't done it yet, it's just creating anticipation for FoC. Which would be understandable, if they had a general idea, when they might release it, but for now it's rather 2 years after 8th edition released.

Instead, they crank out unit after unit for Custodes, and until summer a full index for the Talons. Which is why I've started another army, because it's obvious they are in no hurry at all. And FW won't get a penny from me until that Ordinatus is finally playable again, no matter the army, just out of principle.

Just a heads up I was told some months ago that June 30th is the AoS 2.0 date, I think pre order from everything I’ve heard. That is the new Soul Wars starter set, so I’d presume that is the beginning of the release not the end in the same way Dark Imperium was the launch pad for DG and Primaris. That way they release multi part kits and add ons after the starter and new rules drop. It also leads into a summer campaign and ties in with malign portents.

So that does leave release time to drop Knights before an AoS summer of releases, not sure where that leaves Wolves, Orks and GSC getting a codex before the first year is out for 40k? GW promised all factions would get a codex within 12 months but the big FAQ was supposed to drop in March and that was late. Harlequins have been pushed back a week too due to publishing delays.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out as both Orks and Wolves players are feeling very unhappy about the delay and are getting quiet verbal on the old internet’s with their frustration.

Garro30k also posted that he thinks the Knights will come before AoS II in June.

PJ, thanks for the update on Cyraxus. Obviously more bad news and no one wants to hear about even more delays but still nice of you to mention it.

I was reading elsewhere that this brand new Talons of the Emperor IA book has leapfrogged it due to the high demand for Custodes in 40k.

I get that. But there is also high demand and loads of questiosn constantly being asked about Cyraxus on their FW facebook page, and still it gets pushed back again.

Glad at least FoC isn't cancelled even if it looks like a year till we get it (gives me time to get all I have painted before grabbing the Vorax and Triaros etc). Of course the converse is also true, much of the 40k Mechanicus should also be ported to 30k (not Dragoons though *sniff*), but that looks like it'll be even further away.

I agree with the reasoning that the lack of Knights at the event suggests more an imminent release. Which will make my spending difficult, what with saving up for Titanicus in August and being tempted by all the new stuff while I still have lots of knights to build and paint as it is.

To add to my earlier reasoning; If Knights really were a distant prospect still, I feel it'd have made more sense to withhold the reveal they had less than two full months ago (teaser was march 22?) and saved it for Warhammer Fest which by most accounts were pretty light on 40k content? I just can't square them being completely tightlipped with something that has already been revealed if it isn't even gonna be out for a while yet (despite being finished? At least the model is). Or if they were forced to delay, maybe drip feed some more information to maintain the hype said teaser was clearly meant to build up. I just find the utter silence suspicious.

Again, might just be my wishful thinking playing pranks on me, but I also think it might make sense to try and put a bit of a gap between the release of the Castellan and of AT (The warlord looking knight vs the actual mini warlord (+other things)). Some AoS in between might just do trick. Of course I dont even really wanna think about the other possibility that line of reasoning introduces...

To add to my earlier reasoning; If Knights really were a distant prospect still, I feel it'd have made more sense to withhold the reveal they had less than two full months ago (teaser was march 22?) and saved it for Warhammer Fest which by most accounts were pretty light on 40k content? I just can't square them being completely tightlipped with something that has already been revealed if it isn't even gonna be out for a while yet (despite being finished? At least the model is). Or if they were forced to delay, maybe drip feed some more information to maintain the hype said teaser was clearly meant to build up. I just find the utter silence suspicious.

I totally agree. They can't possibly think that the hype will continue unabated without more information. Would have bought the new knight kits without hesitation in march although I already have 10 knights. Now I'm down to 'Well, I will buy the codex first and take a look' and I can imagine that there are more people thinking likewise.

What I can't understand is why didn't they show just the finished Castellan from the teaser at Warhammer Fest? I think that this was a missed opportunity.

What I can't understand is why didn't they show just the finished Castellan from the teaser at Warhammer Fest? I think that this was a missed opportunity.

I'm pretty sure they'll sell plenty of them anyway when the release happens, FWIW :P

Archived