New Knight Castellan Revealed!

Vash113

Apart from the consesus on the useability of the terrain-piece, would it be possible to build a reasonable counts-as from the kit in the renegade box?

And as far as I understood, it should be possible to build 2 Gallants from the kit in the box, and magnetize to allow other weapons?

You tell me, mate. The terrain piece is called the "galvanic magnavent", and you can find pictures of it online. To me it seems like the same piece of kit, arranged a bit differently, with some of the objective markers added in.

As Hermanista said, you just need to source another fist, or a good counts as.

Apart from the consesus on the useability of the terrain-piece, would it be possible to build a reasonable counts-as from the kit in the renegade box?

And as far as I understood, it should be possible to build 2 Gallants from the kit in the box, and magnetize to allow other weapons?

You tell me, mate. The terrain piece is called the "galvanic magnavent", and you can find pictures of it online. To me it seems like the same piece of kit, arranged a bit differently, with some of the objective markers added in.

Yes, I've seen some images of it, and it seems the quite alike to the one in the renegade box, so I guess it's a matter of sitting down and trying it out :smile.:

Edit: After looking at the images, it should be possible to build the Sacristan Forgeshrine from the terrain sprues in the renegade box, albeit with maybe a couple of small bits missing (the accessory ones), at least as far as I can see. You'll even have some spare bits after doing that, and I doubt anyone will fault you for missing a couple of accessories on a model, especially a terrain piece.

Linky: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/27/all-knights-great-and-small/

To be honest, almost any Sector Mechanicus or similarly-techy terrain piece could be substituted for the Forgeshrine.  It's a GW kitbash of their own parts, anyway, and there's not really anything that makes it unique.

https://scontent.fdet1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/34693938_2039500939703868_7446809778946310144_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=944d7c7a1f31d0bdd0cbef3a60f00885&oe=5BBA960E

Anyone have any advice on how to convert a preceptor? I can't get my hands on an atropos lascutter without buying the whole thing. I grabbed a tau hammerhead railgun for the base of mine.

Only one faceplate? Sux...

Do we know if the FW Knight heads fit or not?

They should, as it says the Dominus head is compatible with the Questoris :smile.:

Saw that this morning, which is good since it means that Gadget Plus' heads will fit as well. Time to order another set of lion heads.

I might need these lion heads you speak of, link? TIA

I'm sorry, I didn't see you post til just now.

Iron Tiger head by Gadget Plus

For people who were asking: legs are definitely interchangeable and slightly posable. You could reposition them a little easier than Questoris legs but still a ton of work if you want anything other than the standard. You could use these legs on a Questoris knight but the leg plating wouldn't fit so it might look a little too robust for the Questoris. It's a great kit, my only complaint is that there's only one face and one helm in the Castellan box (assuming Valiant will be the same).

You don't really need to magnetize the shieldbreakers and siegebreakers, either. They have a peg that fits into a slot, friction is enough to hold them there (I put them in and turned it upside down and they held). Very nice kit!

I hope this question is relevant to the thread.

If I only want to take 1 knight (Freeblade, in a Super-heavy Auxiliary Detachment, can I pay the 1 CP for the stratagem that allows me to make a Knight a CHARACTER and take a relic? In practice I play Sisters and want to use my Knight Crusader and I want to try out what relics I can. (Really only the Relic Avenger.)

I hope this question is relevant to the thread.

If I only want to take 1 knight (Freeblade, in a Super-heavy Auxiliary Detachment, can I pay the 1 CP for the stratagem that allows me to make a Knight a CHARACTER and take a relic? In practice I play Sisters and want to use my Knight Crusader and I want to try out what relics I can. (Really only the Relic Avenger.)

Yes, that works. Codex says if you are Battleforged and have any IK detachments, it doesn't exclude the superheavy aux.

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) [93 PL, 1749pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Exalted Court: Exalted Court: 2 Extra Warlord Traits (-3CP)

Heirlooms of the Household: Heirlooms of the Household: 2 Extra Heirlooms (-3CP)

Household Choice

. Questor Imperialis: House Terryn

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Warglaives [27 PL, 531pts]

. Armiger Warglaive: Meltagun

Knight Gallant [20 PL, 354pts]: Heavy stubber, Heirloom: Helm of the Nameless Warrior, Reaper chainsword, Thunderstrike gauntlet

. Character

. . Exalted Court Member: Warlord Trait: Blessed by the Sacristans

Knight Warden [23 PL, 432pts]: Heavy stubber, Heirloom: Endless Fury, Ironstorm missile pod, Thunderstrike gauntlet

. Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer

. Character

. . Warlord: Warlord Trait: Landstrider

Knight Warden [23 PL, 432pts]: Heavy stubber, Heirloom: Banner of Macharius Triumphant, Ironstorm missile pod, Thunderstrike gauntlet

. Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer: Avenger gatling cannon, Heavy flamer

. Character: Exalted Court Member - Trait - Iron Bulwark

++ Total: [93 PL, 1749pts] ++

So there's no CPs to use in game, but well, I survived 7 editions without them... lol

Thinking House Raven but could be tempted elsewhere.

Starting 16 CP

Exalted Court - 3cp

Heirlooms - 3cp

10 cp remaining

Battalion - Guard battery warlord/aquila + 3 mortar squad

Battalion - 2 tech priests, 2x5 rangers, 1x6 vanguard

Knight Lance - Valiant with blessing on the flamer

Gallant with Landstrider, helm indominatus

Warden with endless fury.

1750 on the dot

Semi-competative, but mainly good converting potential.

So for those of you who don't want to run guard but want CP I present the DIY AoS 2 buy CP with points guard battalion.

2 tempestus primes 3 tempestus Scion squads. Reserve them and dont bring them on, they will automatically count as destroyed at the end of battle round 3.

This nets you 5CP for 232 points without needing to buy any guard models. You will however need to have at least 5 drops in your army.

So for those of you who don't want to run guard but want CP I present the DIY AoS 2 buy CP with points guard battalion.

2 tempestus primes 3 tempestus Scion squads. Reserve them and dont bring them on, they will automatically count as destroyed at the end of battle round 3.

This nets you 5CP for 232 points without needing to buy any guard models. You will however need to have at least 5 drops in your army.

This translates to how many models if you were to put it on the table? 5 per scion squad, so 15, then two tempestor primes, that are like commander guys, right? so 17?

This translates to how many models if you were to put it on the table? 5 per scion squad, so 15, then two tempestor primes, that are like commander guys, right? so 17?
Oh don't get me wrong it would be more useful to run them.

However, if you don't have the models/don't want to build/paint them just for the CP system/allies/soup rules to change next FAQ and make them unnecessary.

For example in my case the only reason I'd run guard is for CP, I have no desire to own guard models from a modelling, painting or fluff perspective. I don't like buying models for gameplay reasons alone, cause then when the rules changed all you are left with is some models you don't like the look of.

Oh I don't expect any real use for them, It's that been meaning to get a few to paint as a house militia. Might as well pick a setup that's the ideal number of bodies if they were to be thrown into a game. Just wanted to be sure what it was they were. Not terribly knowledgable about guard :p

Yeah basically you'd need 4 boxes of 5 scions. That'll make you those 5 units, with 3 models left over (232pts).

The other option is 2 boxes of skitari rangers and 2 techpriests (199pts).

Both are 17 models. 3*5 man squads and 2*characters.

My knights are quite visibly questor imperialis otherwise I'd been more tempted by skitarii. The idea of painting up some tempestus in the knight house colors is something I have beeb toying with for years, purely for fun, but ultimately forgot. It's come back to the forefront recently with how visually similiar the dismouned Sir Hekturs armor is to the scion armor. The fact that there's so much talk of using guard models to boost CP count in games is entirely incidental but doesn't hurt either. But without it, I would probably have stopped at 5.

My knights are quite visibly questor imperialis otherwise i'd been more tempted by skitarii. The idea of painting up some tempestus in the knight house colors is something I was toying with years back purely for fun, it's come into the forefront recently with how visually similiar the dismouned Sir Hekturs armor was to the scions'. The fact that there's so much talk of using guard models to boost CP count in games is entirely incidental but doesn't hurt either. But without it, I would probably have stopped at 5.

I know what you mean, I'm half wishing I'd painted all my Ad Mech in Xanite colours now instead of Mars...

Then again my 30k will probably be that now we aren't getting Cyraxus in well over a year or so.

So I know the Castellan is probably the better Dominus chassis most of the time but I've been thinking about the Valiant a lot and had some thoughts on it.

One thing is fear factor. I know the harpoon isn't the most reliable weapon, especially when invulns are involved, but most people I know would do anything they could to stay out of its range all game if they can. The fact that it could knock at least 11 wounds of a single model is quite powerful and sometimes its not worth the risk. This also leads me to my next thought.

The Valiant is never safe to charge without an ignore overwatch rule. The castellan could be charged by a cheap infantry unit to deny overwatch against something big, the warden would be charged by a transport, but the valiant? If you use infantry you get hit with the flamer, and if you use a vehicle or a monster it has the harpoon, which while not an amazing chance to hit has two chances for that six. Even if you have something that can weather that firepower it will still hurt, and then it has the stomps to follow it up.

Both of these things combined are part of the reason I like hawkshroud so much. You can use both of these qualities to use the valiant as a shield for other knights. True the Castellan isn't great in overwatch but do you really want to charge it when a valiant is right there with the flamer and stomps? I'm even considering trying two valiants out at some point because of the overwatch stratagem. Good luck getting through that wall of fire with most armies.

So I feel like the valiant will have a very solid table presence and serve a similar role as a Gallant. Not the biggest threat on the table turn one but if you don't deal with it now it will deal with you. Obviously play testing will be necessary but I'll hopefully have plenty of time to try my knights out over the next few months.

How Sick would it be if we got  some forgeworld houses   XD  Its completely ridiculous but it would be pretty awesome if Forgeworld was like . 

Here you go boys , heres the FAQ to smooth everything out  , heres 2  Imperialis houses and 2 Mechanicus houses , with warlord traits and strats for em as well ! 

oh  and some Relics for the Knights we  sell 

Go Ham 

ah .... a man can dream 

Can one do that in a tournament and just not own the models?

How Sick would it be if we got some forgeworld houses XD Its completely ridiculous but it would be pretty awesome if Forgeworld was like .

Here you go boys , heres the FAQ to smooth everything out , heres 2 Imperialis houses and 2 Mechanicus houses , with warlord traits and strats for em as well !

oh and some Relics for the Knights we sell

Go Ham

ah .... a man can dream

I don't know if I can trust them to release an errata/faq properly, seeing forgeworld houses is even less likely

How Sick would it be if we got some forgeworld houses XD Its completely ridiculous but it would be pretty awesome if Forgeworld was like .

Here you go boys , heres the FAQ to smooth everything out , heres 2 Imperialis houses and 2 Mechanicus houses , with warlord traits and strats for em as well !

oh and some Relics for the Knights we sell

Go Ham

ah .... a man can dream

I don't know if I can trust them to release an errata/faq properly, seeing forgeworld houses is even less likely

And yet, the things i would do to see this come to fruition...

Makabius, Malinax, and Vyronii would be good candidates as the pet FW Knight Houses (decals galore, decals for days!)

Seriously, I'd do some truly depraved things for this. Like hang out with a Dog or something :sick:

Archived