Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

I think I might try out graia, just for the opportunity to actually throw out a deny the witch occasionally.

On the onager front, realised that the neutron on the one already built is glued in by its previous owner - so gonna run one of each, which I think is no bad thing - thinking of how many times I've left a vehicle with just a few wounds remaining and not been able to take it off.

That neutron can play the part of knockout punch if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

So having been away for a while with the super terrain project - I made 203 pieces of terrain for last weekend for a 46 player tournament; I'm not back to the personal projects.

Pics from the tournament are here if anyone wants a look.

#Northwalesopen

https://imgur.com/gallery/bQB0gCs

So I have another tournament coming up a week on Sunday, but only 1500 points *gasp*

So the plan is

Krast SHD

Lancer Warlord with Ion Bulwark and 2+ armour

Crusader with Endless Fury

Crusader with First Knight and Headsmans Mark

AdMech rusty 17

Tech priest

Tech priest

5 rangers, 1 plasma caliver

5 rangers

5 rangers

1500 on the nose.

Better sort some rangers really, but I do have a AT Reaver and two Warhounds to do too...

Should prioritise.... But that Reaver is such an awesome...

Looks like you ran a fantastic event herm , some of the terrain looks very savvy for a one person operation.

On the list .... are you not worried that the plasma will be a waste due to its poor range on your backfield rangers ?
What forge world , Graia ? Stygies for survivability ? 

Edited by synthaside

On the list .... are you not worried that the plasma will be a waste due to its poor range on your backfield rangers ?

A plasma caliver costs 11p - enough for +1 ranger and an arc rifle instead. Considering these guys die to a stiff breeze, another body won't hurt.

The event went awesomely, two more to come this year - doubles in July and North Wales Open 2 in October of anyone fancies it.

As for the forgeworld - Graia for the deny strat really - to be honest it more for the +5 CP for the force, 1500 is hard for pure knights.

As for the plasma - it's just a cool looking weapon and I have the model built, don't think I have any arc rifles built.

But something I fully take on board

Edited by hermanista

• 2 weeks later...

Off to a 1500 point tournament this weekend, sticking with the pure knights.

Shd - Krast

Lancer with 2+/4++

Crusader

Crusader

SH Aux - Vulker

Helverin

Something a bit different to what I've tried before - the Helverin the first time I've taken one and throwing it into a Vulker aux for the saturation bombardment strat may be useful in one game at some point.

You don't get a lot for 1500 points...

No idea on the other sorts of lists we'll see.

The Helverin does need his arms painting, they're sprayed silver atm, so hopefully get that done tomorrow.

U4ePQ8N.jpg

Edited by hermanista

Your Knights have been an inspiration to me! Good luck in your 1500 tourney!

Cheers man! Have been looking at yours and the marble effect is awesome, it's definitely got me thinking I need some better accent colours on my Lancer for starters.

I’m jealous of all the tournaments you’ve been going to haha

Gl sir!

There has been a couple recently for sure, although that event I ran the other week I didn't get to play in - which is both great and rubbish at the same time.

The one on Sunday is just a small 11 player one, bit I'm off to see Slash play on Saturday night, so there's likely to be some yawns during the day :-)

I've also swapped my Throne of Skulls event ticket and upgraded to the team tournament at warhammer World in April with some mates.

Not sure how we'll do competative wise, but all 4 of us have had best army nominations/wins at whw events so the armies should look nice at least.

Knights, dark Eldar or tau, harliquins and either custodes or Orks being the 4 armies

What are your Crusaders armed with?

Everything is running at bargain basement with what it comes with. So the basic thermal/avenger. 1500 really doesn't give you much.

If I was to pick my traits/heirlooms now, it'll most likely go.

Imperial Knights - 9CP total (6 + 3)

1496 points

Super Heavy Detachment - House Krast

Knight Lancer - Warlord - Trait/Ion bulwark, Heirloom/Armour of Sainted Ion - 420

Knight Crusader - 452 - Headsman's Mark

Knight Crusader - 452 - First Knight

Super Heavy Auxiliary - House Vulker

Armiger Helverin - 172

Leaves 7cp for the game, so a couple of uses of the house trait and/or rotate shields, full tilt and maybe a cheeky Vulker trait on the Helverin if I need that extra bit of shooting against flyers

Edited by hermanista

So three good games, three victories. Almost felt like anti-knight missions - narrow the search, 4 pillars and beachhead. Another tournament overall win for the lads.

But won in all three against AdMech, Orks and Tyranid's.

Highlight of the day,

Crusader gets charged by a ork warboss with relic claw.

Everything misses on overwatch until the thermal cannon

5 hits

3 wounds all 6s

18 wounds of damage...

Take him off...

Couple of piccies

SuvMFn6.jpg

1FV9ukB.jpg

dxqN9Db.jpg

7MRBdLc.jpg

Nice day out at least

Edited by hermanista

There were sparse, but this point I'm used to it.

It just means you play more aggressive and really it suits my style, so I don't mind.

The aux Vulker Helverin was great too - skyscraper protocols + saturation bombardment vs the Orks he blew a wazbom out of the sky, vs the nids he knocked a glue and down to two wounds that the lancer finished off.

Hardest opponent was the AdMech, but in honesty that was more the mission than anything he did really.

I fluffed on that mission a bit, and karma came back to haunt him.

It was narrow the search and I put a crusader in the middle to claim, first time playing the mission and completely forgot about the no inc so spent the cp to rotate.

Opponent afterwards went, you shouldn't have spent them, as they don't get a benefit - ok says I, since it was silly do I get a do over? No, you've done it now.

Right, ok.

His turn he shoots the knights, I stupidly use an invun, we carry on having again both forgotten the invun rule.

He then realises a few minutes later saying he should get a do over...

No mate... we've done it now.

I realise with hindsight that obviously I should have been the bigger man, but I'm a big proponent of don't be a dick.

After that, we played nice as the board was wiped clean and it was a much more pleasant game.

The Orks were a problem in their mission and the bid guy was unlucky with my turns 1 and 2 kills so it was a non contest to find the tournament winner.

Lessons learned, and that narrow the search mission is stupid

So next step, making the jump to a truly competative force and push myself to perform better.

Therefore I've looked at drafting in assistance from a little known but relatively close Forgeworld.

Funny how they refer to the great machine as the Bladed Omnissiah.

The intricacies of the Adeptus Mechanicus I suppose...

jlB1PFv.jpg

So, phase 3 of the household painting has started - Valiant, Castellan and a pair of Questoris intended for magnetising have made their way to the painting table.

It'll be in between getting those AdMech done, but the silver chassis is done on the four of them and I started the red on one set of Dominus armour earlier.

wgdzQ5d.jpg

42VdRil.jpg

0YQ2iE6.jpg

Long haul ahead still, but if I can get the red on these to match up with the Atrapos and Lancer already at that stage, I can work slowly on all 6 knights at the same time.

Will just leave two Armigers and the Porphyrion left to do at that point! Exciting!!

Thanks for executing my proof of concept with the Contemptor Autocannons on an Armiger before I managed to, now I know it works!!

Indeedy, it's an expensive way to do it - I bought 4 arms to do two Armigers and for a fiver more I could have just bought another box of helverins from GW or less from a reseller.

But they do look really cool and he worked well in his three trial games - might end up doing three in total now.

Although I'm still waiting for the FW Volkite variant to see what that does.

Thanks for executing my proof of concept with the Contemptor Autocannons on an Armiger before I managed to, now I know it works!!

Indeedy, it's an expensive way to do it - I bought 4 arms to do two Armigers and for a fiver more I could have just bought another box of helverins from GW or less from a reseller.

But they do look really cool and he worked well in his three trial games - might end up doing three in total now.

Although I'm still waiting for the FW Volkite variant to see what that does.

I've got two Contemptor Culverins ready for when it shows up...

I love the look of the sneak peek Amarillo carapace on it, so probably going for the true kit but with different heads.

In the mean time, getting a game in tomorrow at a new local club. No idea on the opponents list, but I'm looking at taking my list that is planned for events this year for its first run out.

Krast shd

Lancer Warlord with Ion bulwark/2+

Crusader with RFBC, Headsmans, first knight and ironstorm

Crusader with thermal, endless fury, stormspear

Vulker Aux

Helverin

Graia battallion

2x priest

3x 5 ranger

Tonight, we build 7 more rangers in preperation