Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

Question for you hermanista:

Looking through your lists you pretty much always give Ion Bulwark to the Lancer. Makes total sense when playing Lancer + Questoris knights. But when you're running a Castellan, don't you think he should get the Ion Bulwark? Does your Lancer draw that much fire?

Assuming you gave Ion Bulwark to the Castellan, which warlord trait would you give the lancer instead? Both Landstrider and Knight Seneschall look really interesting I think.

Looking forward to hear your insight since I'm about to finish my third Questoris knight and will get into more (mostly) pure knight lists instead of just fire support for my guard.

I've not actually run a Castellan yet, I have a play it painted mentality and the Casty is still on the work bench.

I'd probably still run the bulwark/Armour on the Lancer as my Warlord - infact that's how my list goes for the teams event at the end of the month.

Castellan is likely to get first knight and Headsmans mark/Cawls wrath and the rfbc crusader getting endless fury/Headsmans depending on the Castellan choice.

The Lancer is so quick anyway - 14" + 2d6" plus 2d6" charge that I don't work about Landstrider - I'd rather he survive the small arms fire with a 2+/3++/3++ in combat - he's done me proud tanking out smash captains before.

How do,

With the teams tournament at warhammer World this weekend, I've had to up my game and get the force ready. It's a downside of having submitted our lists a week ago as part of the event format that I can't just take whatever I fancy/have painted on Friday before I drive down to Nottingham.

So with that in mind, the Castellan is about half way to completion - decals have gone on this evening and detailing/weathering/neatening up starts tomorrow night.

His base is mostly done as well, it's another resin one so he just needs attaching Thursday night and flooding with pigments.

So here he is.

JHzLSfN.jpg

707dyxt.jpg

Went mostly pure knights

House Krast SHD

Lancer Warlord with Ion bulwark and Armour of the Sainted Ion

Crusader with RFBC

Castellan with 1 siegebreaker and 4 missiles

Helverin

Leave 87 points for an assassin each game, most likely an Eversor.

Could well be the first and last hoorah for my Castellan is the FAQ breaks it.

But because it's a teams event, the can hopefully help me avoid bad match ups and go for the good ones.

The other armies being pure custodes, pure Drukkari and pure admech.

The custodes and Drukkari are bother best army nominations/winners quality as well and the AdMech player has really improved his painting recently, so they should look cool.

Go go Team WIZZARD!

I've also been keeping track of Expo ticket sales, GW have reduced the event from 100 players down to 24 for 40k due to poor sales.

I don't mind that if it gets me a best painted nomination ;)

Edited by hermanista

Cheers folks,

Have hit it with the gloss varnish and suddenly the candy red comes alive.

R0pDnxj.jpg

gykoqEt.jpg

Hoping the child settles soon and then I can get some actual painting done tonight whilst watching game of thrones.

It's currently on top of the resin base set aside for it, it's toes filled with Green stuff that is drying.

Once fully dry I can pin it so it sits secure on the uneven base I'm using.

Well that's enough for one (k)night.

Tomorrow wt the hotel pigments will get applied and highlights added, but for now the force is at least tabletop standard.

Planned a few warm up games in warhammer world during the day, then the tournament starts Saturday.

Cant wait, first time playing in a teams format.

Some poccies of the force - only one assassin will be in each game from that cheeky little strat.

dEl12Yw.jpg

yuBI8M6.jpg

SkiUq0n.jpg

YV2Cb1C.jpg

Well the tournament is over and I'm safely back in the knight hanger.

jRvCck4.jpg

First day didn't go well in the teams event, I ended up facing a necron pylon round one, tau Knight killers round 2, another knight army round 3 meaning I left warhammer world with a 0-3 record.

Day two, coming out of the hotel I managed to drop my army whilst searching for my keys and broke every knight in the army.... doh...

It all went back together when I got to the venue, but involved some loud terse language and me having to walk away twice whilst replying the lancer. All fixed now however.

I did manage the spiffy certificate above though, no wins on army/knight unfortunately, one day that'll come.

I did however get the better of the mismatches though, pummeling both a pure wolves and a vostroyan/raven guard list today.

So finished 2-3, the team finished 15/30 and a good time all round really.

I did come home with 2 vulture gunships with punisher cannons, 2 cyclops tanks and got home to a new castigator and acheron, meaning I've now got 19 knights, with at least one of every type.

Will be having a break from the knights for a bit though, to work on those vultures and the guard battalion I think in time for Expo.

Sorry for your damaged army but glad you had fun. I know the feeling of getting tired with an army, I desperately want to finish my Ad mech just so I can start something new. I know though if I start something new it will take even longer. I look forward to seeing what you do for your guard.

Yeah I'll still do bits :-)

Like this Valdor Tank Hunter that was intended for my GSC, the idea being its looted mining equipment, hence the orange colour scheme. With it being stolen and covered in graffiti on the day of ascension.

But I'm planning on doing aspects the cult without any mutations, so it can dual purpose as Guard still.

The orange scheme comes from my in laws, they own a plant engineer company with their vehicles being a similar orange colour, so it's bit of a homage to that I guess.

hYPIheY.jpg

O4v9i7u.jpg

WBhtWdd.jpg

8lPCpFI.jpg

As you can see I've gone for some super fine weathering on it, purely accidental though - I applied too much chipping solution that cracked instead of chipped under my lamp. I'm actually really pleased with the outcome though, just lots of highlights to do on it now, lol

Well it seems some of the feedback I gave has been acted upon- I asked if they could start doing some 1st-3rd results on the painting side and the Warhammer World team obliged.

Was surprised to see this pop up over the weekend, which is awesome.

gfaUhfo.jpg

AEnYQVa.jpg

xLU2O6V.jpg

Bit more work to creep him up further and finally grab that trophy.

In the mean time, I need to think about that list for the expo list, as I don't think the Vultures will be anywhere near ready in time.

So today I tried a bit of painting on some admech, however in combination of lack of enjoyment painting small men and sporting a rotator cuff injury, they got put away again.

I just about managed to do a bit of airbrush work on the next questoris knight though, trying a new technique for the candy red.

This time persuading with green instead of black, which seems to have made a decent difference.

Really regretting not doing House Vyronii now though, that metallic green is stunning.

oMvPjrM.jpg

TQQCZJD.jpg

tZ9O9gv.jpg

cFNssA8.jpg

V4SyBAI.jpg

Atm candy green may be my Chaos Knight colours if I do grab some to paint.

In the mean time, because all my questoris use the FW armour, I've got a couple of spare armour sets so am going to give one a go.

Means that if I run a second detachment/auxiliary choice then I can mark them out as different if using separate houses.

Just the sort of distraction I don't need.

In the mean time, converting up something special...

Hopefully ready to show later