Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

A sawn off double vulcan cannon, hmmm its heretical :D

Hermanista a question for you, as you have a lancer etc, do they all have a specific head that corresponds to the type? I am making my mini Titanicus ones and I have a choice of three heads. I kind of like the lancer one with the cheek pads.

Magos Takatus and Charlo

Cheers! It's still a WIP but it's getting there.

Black Knight

Heretical my command throne! This is a requisitioned Castigator Boltcannon, a true divine weapon of the Omnissiah!

I got really lucky on the trading pages a while ago :)

Black Knight

In regards to the Cerastus heads, you're free to use whichever afaik

Cool thanks for the info, I now have a lancer I shall call him MiniLance.

One day I will get a proper one, they look like the best knight for me.

So date is set, roll on July 12th!

In the mean time I've started planning a list and building my second to last knight, which will include the great magnet addition time of the build where everything get magnetise.

I'm also planning on painting up the spare questoris armour sections at house Vyronii, I love their colour scheme, you can still get their decals from FW and it means if I ever run 2 households at an event they become easy to differentiate if I can swap armour bits due to them being magnetised.

Hooray for candy green :-)

Edited by hermanista

Evening!

So the Expo tournament starts Friday morning and whilst I've been plugging away at getting a gallant done in time, it's just not going to happen when I set off for the event tomorrow morning.

Still, I might as well show off the progress - both arms are magnetised meaning plenty more options to come for lists in the future.

pbrctMO.jpg

4Lu7voT.jpg

dvsTGvO.jpg

fSVwGQC.jpg

It'll most likely now get finished in time for my trip to WHTV in July.

I also had a quick go on some spare carapace pieces of a green, not the normal house Vyronii green as it turned out, but something more sinister and beetle like.

This may well become the scheme I use for a chaos I might force if I do one.

yAbJgC4.jpg

eUBhwo4.jpg

Red pre-shading under green gives it a very blue bottle green sort of shade, which I quite like I think.

And finally, back to Friday- with the knight unlikely to be finished, I decided I probably can get a couple of cawdor models to mount of the bases done, including some of the crossbow grenade launcher heavies to count as Ironstorms.

That being said, the list is an old faithful one, amending slightly in line with the new 4++ max save rules

Knight-Lancer Warlord - 2+ armour and Knight Seneschal trait

Crusader with RFBC and Ironstorm

Crusader with Thermal and Ironstorm

2x Helverins with meltaguns

1750 on the nose.

Usual combo of traits for me - First Knight and either Endless Fury or Headsmans Mark on the RFBC knight

Then something appropriate for the second knight if needed - such as the three characters missions.

Again the Camouflage works really well whilst among the Heretics of the Sugar gods... :biggrin.: 

Awesome work! :thumbsup: 

i really dig that Christmas Beetle carapace look !

Cheers, Mithril   

Status report - UK Expo, Day 2 complete. Cue photo spam.

So after four games, I'm current rocking a 3-1 success rate and the Knights of Ni are doing me proud. Last game to go tomorrow.

Game 1 yesterday - Vs a combined Blood/Dark Angel list - sammy, 2 talon masters, 3x5 intercessors, 2 dark talon along with two BA slam captains, 3x5 scouts and a few other bits.

Once the two Helverins that I took as house Mortan disposed of the dark talons, the lancer tanked the slam captains and it was game over.

3FHXvbm.jpg

Game 2 - Narrow the Search vs 110 green skins

Vigilus shock attack gun, warboss, 2 pain boys, banner, 4x10 grits, 3x30 shoota boys, 10 shoots boys, 15 lootas and any bits I missed.

Really narrow defeat in a mission that is always super hard for pure knights, made even harder by the fact I mocked up my target priorities. Lost 6-4 which is pretty close tbh. Should have stayed together more really, but live and learn.

naM2EBh.jpg

oE3qTaf.jpg

Game 3 today vs Deathguard, Beachead

Morty, 2x blood drones, 2x plague burst, 3x3 nurglings, sloppity, csm sorcerer, d.prince, some marines and some other bits.

I was down 5-4 going into the Fifth round, but first turn had dropped Morty down to 1 wound before all the spells went on him.

He went down turn two and although it went close, won out 9-5 in the end.

bsMyXwJ.jpg

Game 4 vs Space wolves, supplies from above.

Really rough game for the wolf player, total mismatch once the three units of long fangs were dealt with.

The guy had actually played day 1 with his knight + guard army, then left it on the train on the way home and lost it. The wolves was a last minute replacement.

No pics unfortunately.

And then some army nomination pics.

TO6SkJY.jpg

nM83Zpw.jpg

bwpsIAT.jpg

AU76d5c.jpg

WYBDoi7.jpg

4MfkQ1M.jpg

FGFF0JB.jpg

HBk4Js7.jpg

kBAK3PU.jpg

So game 5 tomorrow, suspect I get either the purple eldar biker army above or a 3 caladius custodes army.

Tough either way, but looking forward to it

Edited by hermanista

Thanks for those lovely pictures, shame about the Orks but I look at them and would have no idea how to deal with them.

I feel really sorry for the guy who lost his army :(

Good luck for tomorrow!

Congrats man. Nicely done

What was the rules question if you don’t mind my asking?

Devastating reach

So I was able to turn 1 charge one of the three Caladius tanks of the opponent, that was on the first floor. He had another on the second floor.

Lancer moves, advances, full tilt to get into combat range via devastating reach strat.

He declares that the top caladius is 6"1/2 inches above the ground and more than 2" from the edge because the building has a base. Bit of a misunderstanding as I was going for the one on the 1st floor not the damaged top floor one.

We discussed and eventually I just didnt want an arguement and carried on.

However if I had gone round the side slightly, which I had more than enough movement to do, I would have rammed five ws 3+ with rerolls lance attacks into it, wound on 2s, no saves. It would have been golden scrap metal.

Lost the game 6-4, that would have put me 2-0 up before hed had a go and one caladius dead, one with 1 wound remaining and one with 8 wounds.

Very, very different game at that point.

Ho hum