Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

Only infantry and flyers can climb floors I think

Which is why we have this lovely stratagem.

Devastating Reach (1 CP): In the charge phase, pick a TITANIC Knight that has not yet charged, then pick an enemy unit entirely within ruins or a Sector Mechanicus structure (which must not have any models on the ground floor). That Knight can charge the enemy unit, and if its charge brings it within 2" horizontally and 6" vertically of the unit, the charge succeeds and the Knight can attack it in the fight phase (but not with Titanic Feet)

• 1 month later...

So june was the crazy month, work end of year, got married, honeymoon etc but now it's back to gaming.

Got my first ETC event coming up this weekend, so a new mission style to try for the first time.

Forgeworld is also banned so to make up for that I've gone a bit more current meta with the list.

As usual it's based upon what I have painted compared to being 100% competative, but it's listed here.

Should be a laugh at least, first round is against another knight list with a crusader warden and gallant from Krast, rusty 17 and a mortan warden.

First turn will be huge in that I reckon.

xZund7R.jpg

9FSInkN.jpg

So, in a few days I get a run out on Fridays warhammer TV game slot (6pm GMT).

Lists were submitted yesterday, first up Doug is taking the following with his custodes.

++ Battalion Detachment (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) 

+ HQ 

Captain-General Trajann Valoris 

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike: Radiant Mantle, Warlord, Eagle's Eye

+ Troops

Custodian Guard Squad with Guardian Spear x 3

+ Elites 

Contemptor-Achillus Dreadnought 

Vexillus Praetor with Vexilla Magnifica 

+ Fast Attack 

Vertus Praetors with Hurricane Bolter x 5

+ Heavy Support 

Telemon Heavy Dreadnought with 2 Arachnus Storm Cannon

+ Dedicated Transport 

Coronus Grav-Carrier 

So not a competative build, just a bit of everything.

Obviously I wasnt taking a competative build as that's no fun, so running the following.

2 Knight Super Heavy detachments, Both House Krast

1st Detachment

Knight-Lancer, Warlord, Armour of the Sainted Ion (2+ armour) and Knight Seneshal (+1 attack) 420

Knight-Warden, Thunderstrike Gauntlet 411

2x Armiger Warglaives with Heavy Stubbers 324

2nd Detachment

Knight-Styrix, Hekaton Siege claw w/Rad Cleanser 500, Lance Leader

Armiger Helverin with Heavy Stubber 172

Armiger Helverin with Heavy Stubber 172

9 Cp, 1999/2000 points 

Massive 9cp to spend, but folks get to see my beloved lancer on screen and I'll run the styrix as something less commonly seen in gaming.

Looking forward to it, go go #TeamSmashyKnights

So last night I ticked off something on the bucket list, making an appearance on WHTV against my mates custodes.

This morning having got home and slept, happy to report I came away with the win, even better after getting battered in our warm up game earlier in the day - winning 18-15 on the stream is a really close but enjoyable game.

The WHTV team were top lads, and it was a great experience to go behind the scenes a little.

Got a few pictures, including some screen grabs from the game.

Will go back and watch at some point, it wasnt my most competitive list nor way of playing, but it all panned out ok.

v9eKuFz.jpg

60bbrZV.jpg

hrap0tw.jpg

5cBYSRT.jpg

E9lgFVp.jpg

28eLSY7.jpg

uCo7KeJ.jpg

Gsa25LM.jpg

Gutted I missed it. I’ve tried the link but it won’t play for some reason.

Congrats on the win and the performance

Are you subbed Clingy? You can only watch previous broadcasts if you are. Otherwise it's the live content only :/

Well done on the win too Herm!

('tis always a pleasure to see the carrion gods forces murdering each other, yet more so when some of them are his personal bodyguard. Cue evil cackle.)

Edited by Stray

• 3 weeks later...

So trip to warhammer world yesterday saw me pick up 3 lightning lock moirax to go with the 2 volkite ones I picked up back at Expo.

Heat 2 is in a few weeks so when I get back from larp I'll be getting the 3 lightning built to run as a vulker detachment.

36 shots, exploding 6s to 3 hits, or 4 if using saturation bombardment is a nice bit of relatively cheap chaff clearing.

3 vulker moirax with lightning locks

Lancer Warlord with +1 attack and 2+ save, rfbc crusader with Ironstorm and gallant with Ironstorm all as Krast.

1747 points and 9cp. Lots of exploding pew pew if Endless Fury gets used.

• 2 weeks later...

So started on my Moirax for the weekend, list has evolved and is much better now I think.

Lancer as above, thermal Crusader and claw Warden, plus the 3 vulker Lightning Lock moirax.

More shots and almost as vicious in combat still.

Really enjoyed putting the Moirax together, they're drying on the undercoat side currently so for now its housework and assembling the little lads first bed :)

4oWkRoY.jpg

OCB6UaY.jpg

OEDa2Xk.jpg

Nah all pretty much spot on, just a few alignment cracks on the lightning cannons themselves. So all good.

Decided last night that with other things to do this week I won't be able to get all three done by Friday night.

So cheat time - into the freezer went three of my armigers, off comes the arms to be replaced by the moirax arms/guns.

Much easier and quicker, so just finishing those arms this morning and they should be all good to go.

J7VNkda.jpg

The varnish is just drying atm having done the silvers and shading, followed by the grime layer in a bit when the varnish is dry.

And then airbrushing the coils and last details afterwards.

Nah, I doubt it. I sold my Porphyrion on just before the FAQ hit, and the new one isn't brilliant.

Cerastus will be my biggest ones for now.

In the mean time, the triplets are 95% done and put together.

Needs a few tweaks when fully dry, but picture worthy at least.

J2AHHBA.jpg

Roll on the GT this weekend!

So decided one thing letting the force down is the bases, so I made a small start on sprucing them up, along with remembering to go and finish my Endless Fury conversion

inoyugr.jpg

MkQSKxV.jpg

I'm really liking the scale difference, with how small the human sized models are when put with the bigger Knights

Well two wins and a draw after day 1, pretty happy with that - Moirax are awesome, I expect chaos Moirax would be sickening popping them up to str 7, damage 2.

Drew with a mates dark Angel's round 1, beat the tau army on stream round 2 *spoilers*, and beat a necron army up at the heady heights of table 13 in round 3.

The scary armies come out in round 4 tomorrow, looking forward to it though :)