Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

• 1 month later...

Back once again like a renegade master...

Well I almost went renegade, but I think unless something radical changes between now and picking up the airbrush next this lot will remain as loyalists.

With engine war due at some point, I decided ai needed a new household - a bit of variety on the painting front, but also more options when running two houses on the battlefield.

So as a starter for ten, the process so far on what is ready for the first stages...

Ke8GoIX.jpg

F7hNDw3.jpg

xsfiGYa.jpg

rMHQEAX.jpg

I'm missing a load a shoulder joints so might be a trip to Taro modelmaker for replacements is due.

Planning a valiant in the scheme as well I think, it's that or a cerastus of some description - I've got one of each although the second lancer is for my red knights.

But the most important bit, "Which household?" I hear you cry...

Questoris_Knight-Paladin_Vyronii.jpg

I must say I’m not familiar with this one. Looks cool though

I thought about running a Mortan crusader allied in with my Taranis knights for a bit of -to hit insurance

If only engine war came out before all this - I could be tinkering around with lists in boredom :)

Tis House Vyronii, now poster child knights for Adeptus Titanicus.

And they look awesome in their candy green, red and white - Ironically Welsh colours which I'm happy to do.

blogger-image--1801181648.jpg

Main reason for choosing them is that they are the last transfer sheet available from Forgeworld after they discontinued Makabius which is what I wanted to do, and Malinax.

@Focslain, the blue preshade didn't shade it as much as a green preshade does for red. So it's not quite identical to the resource picture, it looks lovely in person though so I'll leave it and maybe thing of a black preshade for the rest.

@KhorneHunter - and you can get transfers still, or at least when forgeworld reopens. I don't think I'll over do it making the house, these ones will probably be enough considering how many knights I actually have - plus I've a desecrator to paint too.

Walter - I actually did a test on a warglaive carapace first - I had 5 spare from all the moirax kits.

Cheers folks, it's quite nice to do a small seperate house (and other projects) before I go back to more Red Knights.

And in a nice surprise, two bits of internet fame today.

Made it onto the WHTV round up show which is great, then afterwards the Twitter team for the Mechanicus PC game got in touch asking if they could have my Admech sniper as their model of the week.

So many, many internet nerd points today.

Jp0Bip7.jpg

I0ZWeW4.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So proving warhammer is an addiction at this point, as said elsewhere on Friday I popped to the local store to pick up the new Engine War book.

Came away with that, 2 boxes of flappy boi's and a big bird...

I wasn't intending to do, but I think the models are awesome and I wanted to build the new shiny.turne out they should be really easy to paint the flappy ones too, they're very like the infiltrators and ai really enjoyed painting them a few years ago.

They're also huge! Picture alongside a terminator to give an idea of how big they are.

4Zq5XOt.jpg

mTN1tJS.jpg

Need to choose a scheme as is the eternal question. Thinking something on the turquoise scale

Congrats on the Fame+1, I thought it was someone selling a resin model :D.

I think my wings are currently halfway across the channel, should have them by this week, they really are quite big with that wingspan.

Loving the Destroyer? looks like a destroyer but I have only the computer game to compare with. How did you get the cloudy effect on the front, is that a black/lighter undercoat blend with clear red on top or something else? I just brought some Vallejo Candy Red to have a go at metallic but that effect looks a lot better than what I had planned.

I'm so glad that people have not started to get the models in their hands. I have to wait until monday/tuesday to get my oily little mechadendrites on them. Those Pteraxii do look pretty large. I'll have to get some of those further down the line, I ordered the doggo boys instead.