Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

Black_Knight

Cheers! It was quite a surprise to get picked out like that.

The red marble on the Firestorm class was done the same way as my knights, but with the added trick of using a dry wet wipe for the marbling effect.

Black primer, then using a dry wet wipe you tease it apart and airbrush chrome silver over the top. Then just keep going up and down the layers with black and chrome until you have the marble effect you are happy with.

Then leave it to dry, before coating it with thinned tamiya red clear. Thinning it seemed to take away the gloss effect I get for my knights, but I went in multiple thin layers rather than a heavy coat and it's silky smooth to the touch.

Definitely considering more ships from the seller now!

Magos Takatus

Yeah they are huge, but enjoyable to work on which is a huge bonus. Getting a few more built tonight is my plan.

Prot

I think they should be fairly stable to transport, however plenty of opportunity to bevel this bit out and stick some magnets in if wanted.

I transport my army in a crate, soon to be upgraded with a metal bottom and magnets in bases I reckon, so don't have the foam case issues.

0nSrNOj.jpg

fEMEy5n.jpg

I've kept them seperate for painting and theres some bits to attach still, but I'll go with full assembled when ready.

Thanks for the info hermanista but I am still completely stuck on the marble effect, I will check some videos out. The Vallejo you use for your knights, is it the Candy red? I was going to paint my ones as Taranis but I really want a metallic red rather than the Mat that you usually see.

Definitely worth keeping those pieces separate for painting I think, I may have to order some more Pallid Witch Flesh.

Are they the same plastic stands used for Inceptors? I am trying to visualise where they attach to.

Edited by Black_Knight

OOhh Clingy thank you for that link that is very similar to what I wanted. I think I am going to need some Detol to strip, because I am not going to get this right first time round.

First five Pteraxi Sterylizers built, really enjoyed it overall.

Managed to pop some brass tube in for now instead of the dreaded flying bases.

When I decide on basing I'll work out if they need rods or get attached to any scenery on the bases.

Got another 5 to build, but I'm going to be good and build the first five Raptor Space Marines for a small 1k army that's is a doubles army with a mate and his new Sons of the Phoenix marines.

prUX8zd.jpg

Prot

Probably keep some at least, I'm planning to get the same style of basing as my knights, so having scenic bits for them to leap from will work for some of the unit, whilst the rods will do for the rest.

Black Knight

What a bugger! And yeah I luckily had a load in the stockpile pre-lockdown.

Clingy

Each of the three pieces - both legs and body were seperate, so the could be stuck into the cork for a handle when spraying/painting.

I've never really dabbled with painting bits in components before, but since I'm trying to outdo a mate with this doubles army we're doing, I'm giving it a go.

Going to change the recipe slightly when I do the army, but the first squad looks like this ready for the first base coat of green next painting session.

AKlhKOJ.jpg

Well, after a rough day yesterday, cheered myself with some toy soldier purchases.

I found a store down london way that is doing buy one get one free on everything in store, which includes a small amount of warhammer...

So a copy of Blackstone fortress, box of intercessors and another ironstrider is on the way in the post since a mate works in the same town.

And then this morning I went off to the local shops for paint and spray supplies...

And two boxes of admech raiders as it turned out...

Oops...

• 1 month later...

Welp... that was unexpected.

Woke up this morning to find I'd got a space representing Wales in a tri-nation event in a couple of months time.

Nice little surprise, especially when it was as my first choice Knights/admech.

Gonna have to crack the airbrush out and finish these Moirax I think to run 9 of them and a preceptor :).

Welp... that was unexpected.

Woke up this morning to find I'd got a space representing Wales in a tri-nation event in a couple of months time.

Nice little surprise, especially when it was as my first choice Knights/admech.

Gonna have to crack the airbrush out and finish these Moirax I think to run 9 of them and a preceptor :smile.:.

That is going to awesome to see and hope it does well. 

If not already in the list, a twin claw/rad cleanser is nice for anti-anything not vehicles and a twin volkite is almost as good as a helverin.

It's likely to be

Moirax Warlord with claw/volkite + 2x moirax with 2xgrav

3x Moirax with 2 Grav

3x Moirax with 2 Locks

Preceptor with Ironstorm

Assassin

2k on the dot.

Clingy

There might be some games streamed, but it's a team event so the chance of actually being on is limited I would think.

Will try get some games and reports in before the event rolls round however

• 1 month later...

Hey folks. How’s goes the Questoris questing?

Anyone been gaming of late?

I just started my 1v1 crusade versus my group's nurgle player. First mission was a lose, but he got his two biggest summons off turn 1. So it was an uphill bout. I'll have a more official write up later. 

• 4 weeks later...