Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

I'm still bumbling with bits, but mainly marines to get them sorted (this is my personal log incase you're posting in the wrong place Clingy, lol)

However the reduction on the Moirax and other knight changes makes them more interesting, but not as competative as pretty much anything else in the game currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Incase anyone is interested, I went and created a Facebook page for all my hobby projects after so many folks asked how I painted the marble effect on the Scythes of the Emperor McFarlane Intercessor I'm working on atm.

If you fancy supporting it, you can find the link here for the page, chuck us a cheeky follow maybe whilst you're there?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=116793290238189&id=116714050246113&sfnsn=scwspmo

Whoops!

• 2 months later...

It is definitely massive, and a few inches taller than a Warhound apparently so more on the Titan side of Knight-Titan.

The carapace above I printed out before discovering that the designer Aphyrion on her patreon also does the "beetleback" armour from the Styrix and Maegera. So to continue the theme of my knight household, a beetleback carapace has about 3 hours left of a 12 hour print at the moment.

Couple of pics of the full model.

Q5szVNR.jpg

gbya1Db.jpg

At the start of December I got myself an Elegoo Mars Pro 3d printer and was having great fun with it, enough that a few weeks ago I managed to get my fingers on an Elegoo Saturn, the Mars's bigger brother.

So with that I've been able to print out huge things like this Aiakos.

I think once this carapace and the gun mounts currently printing done, there is just one torso piece to print and then it's onto quality control to see if I need to reprint anything I'm not happy with.

I've become a budget version of Belisarius Cawl...

:)

Wow, that looks awesome. The beetleback armour is just so much better and more detailed, printing again should be worth it.

What's the total printing cost of such a large model? We have lots of 3D printers in the hobby group, but I have no clue about that.

It is definitely massive, and a few inches taller than a Warhound apparently so more on the Titan side of Knight-Titan.

So...Acastus-sized? The Acastus is pretty much on the same size as a Warhound (I could measure if it helps), but the Warhound is so long that it essentially feels a lot larger.

Yeah I really, really like it.

And managed to get both styles on one patreon which is awesome. I also have a Myrtus Tormentor, but thats another knight project for another day.

So the beetleback armour finished and had one fault line - but that is easily sandable when I get to that stage

I assume it is roughly similar to acastus, been a while since I've seen one in person now. (Curse you covid).

Just doing some reprints now of bits I'm not 100% happy on and have the back piece of the torso left to go.

But really happy with it.

Cou6Zgr.jpg

3CHM7iT.jpg

u8NnemR.jpg

Tomorrow is the curing stage

It's a titan really, let's be honest, lol. But who am I to defy the techpriest that designed it?

Last bits came off the printer overnight, they're washed now so just need to dry and then I can think about curing it.

Something satisfying about taking the pieces this amount of supports, it's like pulling velcro apart :)

kt9oz9z.jpg

3D44JmK.jpg

And in the mean time, I'm creating some of these, upscaled to the height of a contemptor for a few folks.

Bit of retro-hammer for people

Jb5Dc7B.jpg

I assume it is roughly similar to acastus, been a while since I've seen one in person now.

Having built one last year - this one is a pretty direct copy of an Acastus. Many parts look very close to the original, sometimes multiple parts are already connected or fused together, and many "mechanisms" of how the sub-groups fit together are exactly the same.

That said - the level of detail is awesome, I wouldn't say no to one myself. Fits way better than the old FW warhound sculpt.

Just a bit unclear what it should count as. The scale is a bit secondary (Acastus and Warhound are quite close), and the weaponry includes one turbolaser (3 barrels) of the Warhound, but the 6 barrel gun is a gatling blaster only found on the Reaver and Nemesis titan. But hey, at that scale they are so ineffective and rare to play, no one will ever complain.

Regarding scale - a direct comparison. As said, height ist the same, but length/scale feel quite different.

aimg_1207jmkvn.jpg

I assume it is roughly similar to acastus, been a while since I've seen one in person now.

Having built one last year - this one is a pretty direct copy of an Acastus. Many parts look very close to the original, sometimes multiple parts are already connected or fused together, and many "mechanisms" of how the sub-groups fit together are exactly the same.

That said - the level of detail is awesome, I wouldn't say no to one myself. Fits way better than the old FW warhound sculpt.

Just a bit unclear what it should count as. The scale is a bit secondary (Acastus and Warhound are quite close), and the weaponry includes one turbolaser (3 barrels) of the Warhound, but the 6 barrel gun is a gatling blaster only found on the Reaver and Nemesis titan. But hey, at that scale they are so ineffective and rare to play, no one will ever complain.

Regarding scale - a direct comparison. As said, height ist the same, but length/scale feel quite different.

aimg_1207jmkvn.jpg

Yikes, Guess my construction bay is not big enough for the Acastus class. That was my only real fear after I started painting it. Though the fact that the acastus and the warhound are of similar size works amazingly for me from a narrative prospective.

Means my house headmistress can live her dream of piloting a warhound via the poly. 

Really cool. I like the different elements taken from elsewhere such as the vision slit from the Onager, the ram from the Triaros and the hull sides from the Krios. I don't have a 3d printer but if I did I'd seriously consider making one of these.