Hermanista's Knights Mechanicus

hermanista

So it looks like the book may be close.

I have a backlog of knights to finish

Atrapos

2 Lancers

Two Questoris class and magnetised weapons to do

Before the book arrives.

And a newly gained concussion after losing a fight with a falling car boot door.

Week off and the little un is off to nanna's because I'm not in a state to look after him.

Some sporadic building and painting this week then!

Edited by hermanista

Ha ha, I love that your backlog is some peoples entire Knight Household Hermanista. :)

In all seriousness though, I hope you recover from the concussion swiftly buddy :thumbsup:

So it took me until yesterday to be in a place where I could concentrate on not slashing myself open with a knife. Even then progress was slow.

But I have carried on with the two Questoris knights and built a load of weapons ready for magnetising, the magnets of which will hopefully arrive today if I'm lucky.

In the mean time, and as shown elsewhere, I chucked some spare parts at a spare arm connector, and came up with a Sir Hekhtor/Ravager appropriate arm.

LhDzSEx.jpg

But rough and ready round the edges, and it's not glued hence the dodgy pose atm.

But with some cabling etc, and finding an appropriate muzzle, that'll do.

I'm gonna the stupid spoilsport here and voice the concern that maybe the lascutter is a little too big for the GW chassis? It's hard to tell without the other arm to balance him.

And i wish my bases were that cool.

How dare you question the glorious imperial joint holding that weapon in place? :) But I also sort of share your concern on that one.. The other arm might easily fix it though, maybe that's all it needs? 

I'm making do with just a cheaply one from eBay and it's doing ok.

Saying that it has been a bugger this morning, but luckily persuading doesn't have to be too tidy. Infact it adds *character* for the clear coating stages.

So after a quick Drs busy, they are all done on the preshading side of things.

Just need to wait several hours for them to fully dry before starting the clear coats.

Just gutted the 5 pots of angron red sent to me in the post never arrived, lost in Oz somewhere :-(

Nevermind.

HgLPHWr.jpg

8y7XEkb.jpg

cfAd3ST.jpg

YtTnM6d.jpg

CREME EGG! Why is it not Easter anymore?

Did you paint the shadows on top of the silver or the other way round? I've just gotten a compressor myself and will try more than undercoating soon.

I love the normal knights but I can't not love those FW knights, especially the Lancers!

CREME EGG! Why is it not Easter anymore?

Did you paint the shadows on top of the silver or the other way round? I've just gotten a compressor myself and will try more than undercoating soon.

I love the normal knights but I can't not love those FW knights, especially the Lancers!

Yeah, based in leadbelcher spray.

Quick highlight with a brighter silver.

Spray in the shadows

Bright silver over the top.

All with an airbrush.

When it's fully dry it'll get loads and loads of coats of angron red clear paint.

Lol.

Me, I teach first aid/manual handling.

I did used to work for GW, but that was a while ago

That sounds like the start of an interesting back story but will let you leave it there ☺️

Lol.

Me, I teach first aid/manual handling.

I did used to work for GW, but that was a while ago

LoL...and YOU bumped your head on a car boot,sorry but it seems ironic :laugh.: ...:sweat:

great stuff here with the dreads though! ...your def the master of that!

Cheers,Mithril

• 2 weeks later...

So I failed in the idea of not buying a Valiant and then when I got it, not starting it until I did some more work on the triplets.

Ah well, these things happen...

So obviously conversion was needed, this being the current set up.

0IyK7Qx.jpg

EFNUu4i.jpg

avlg76l.jpg

The idea being to build it as a diorama type base, so that the side of the stairs will be engulfed in flames, with a renegade Psyker suspended off the tip of the eagles beak with a bubble shield around him. Kinda like this

IDPBbL6.jpg

Maybe with some lights weird into the flames too, we'll see how keen I'm feeling.