Other Biker-centric Chapters?

Simple enough question, I suppose.

What are some other Chadpters known for fielding large numbers of bikes?

I know the White Scars and Ravenwing, but who else?

I'm looking at doing a Deathwatch Biker squad and I don't want to make them all Scars or Ravenwing.

Any White Scars successor chapter would work. Also, the Red Templars only ever had one model studio painted and he was a biker. Imperial Fists like their bikes, even if they're not bike-centric. You can't go wrong with an Ultramarine and I've always thought the Aurora Chapter would have a ton so that they can easily keep up with their armored formations.

Space Wolf BloodClaw Bikers or WolfGuard Bikers? They're probably called "WolfyWolfBikers" or some such, and you should probably swap the wheels for legs and the rest of the bike for a hairy canine body.

Silliness aside, as mentioned WhiteScar and Dark Angel Successors are both fair game. So are all Codex Chapters to a greater or lesser degree.

OR if you want something a bit more fun, the Astral Claws were also renowned for their Bikers, and being a Deathwatch BlackShield would be ideal for a remaining loyalist Astral Claw.

Rik

• 2 weeks later...
I believe any codex chapter has about 180 possible bike mounted Marines before any special accommodations are made. So any chapter should be good unless you're shooting above that many :)

Don't know if it was ever represented in the fluff but i have a large number of BT bikers/scout bikers from when they could take crusader squads on bikes.

Back in 3rd edition in the armageddon codex, the black templars had a crusader bike squad. Allowing them to take a squad with PA and neophyte bikers. I can look up details tonight.

This was back when bike squads were capped at 5 members... so BT could take 5 plus 3 neos. Making it the biggest marine bike squad unless DA could do bigger that I wasn't aware of.

Also it was cool that they could take 2 power weapons instead of their 2 special weapons.

One way you could think about it is that the White Scars and the Ravening are based upon two real historical cavalry factions, the Mongols and medieval knights. So we could think of real historical cavalry and then use the Chapter which matches them. (In the way lots of Space Marine Chapters are based upon real historical armies, Ultramarines: Roman Legions, Space Wolves: Vikings etc.)

So you have Black Templars for Crusading Knights, (alternatively White or Red Templars for something a bit different?)

Can anyone think of anything else in that vein?

• 2 weeks later...

The Red Templars are said to use assault bikes at the squad level. They are experts in Search and Destroy operations.

Not much else is known about them do they are a good clean slate to expand upon and they have a cool looking scheme as well as Black Templar sprues to spice up their look.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Templars

Thanks for the answers, guys.

I think I'm going to run with the "knights" idea and make the third guy from the Knights of the Raven chapter. Which works out nicely as I have a bunch of Raven Guard pads to use.

Archived