Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000p Drone Spam with Mortarion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

En Vilde

En Vilde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

Playing a game in a few days and thought of trying this weird but potentially fun list. Playing against a friend so it's more of a friendly game but we agreed on bringing a bit tougher lists than usual. He is trying out the new Tau and will likely bring plenty of smaller units.

My list is two Outrider Detachments and Mortarion.

--

LOW - Mortation (Warlord)

--

Deamon Prince of Nurgle

Wings, Malefic Talons

3x Bloat-Drone with Plaguespitters

--

Deamon Prince of Nurgle

Wings, Deamonic Axe

3x Bloat-Drone with Plaguespitters

1x Bloat-Drone with Fleshmower

1x Foul Blightspawn

--

The wargear is based on the models i have and the Blightspawn is there because of points and awesomeness.

Tactics? Well.. Moving forward fast, Morty is Warlord so re rolling to wound on all the drones around him seems like a good thing. 

Thoughts? Anyone tried a list like this?

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I've considered a list very similar to yours, I just don't have the drones to fill it out. I am interested in how it does, so please keep us updated (with some battle reports.)

En Vilde

En Vilde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts

So, consider the tactics the list did well. Aggressive movement, fame, charge and explode :)

We played a Maelstorm mission so grabbing the objectives was the hard part. So Tau won the game on points.

Mortarion is however a beast, but you all know that by know. He killed a bunch of Fire Warrios, two Riptides, a Ghostkeel and a few Commanders.

When the game ended in turn seven Mortarion and two Marker Drones was all that was left on the table!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users