The Fallax Hammers - WIP

GuardDaddy

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Painted a company commander and rebased previously painted commissar. As infantry based I want the charachters based higher than regular troops so when on board they are above them exulting the guard forwards. I think I could actually go higher than these, any suggestions for nice bases to raise models up appreciated (these are just GW hero base boxed set)

commissar On bomb

Cc front

CC back

raised charachters

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This project is really going well. I am really liking the amalgamation of some rather different base models... you have done a great job of creating a unified army from them.

The Orlocks look spot on for guardsmen... Keep up the great work :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok added some models from Raging Heroes miniatures as their Sci Fi range really matches my theme well. Keen to have a mixed regiment as it fits my fluff of a planet that had to survive to break free from Chaos. Also inspired by Gaunt's Ghosts novels where mixed regiments are standard.

Female Commander

Female Platoon Commander (edit: better image)

Raging Heroes officer group1

With Squad to show how looks alongside troops

For info this is raging miniatures website https://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/jailbirds
Edited by GuardDaddy

• 4 weeks later...

The Orlock models featured are 'counts as cadian'.

Have now got some House Cawdor models for my 'Counts as Tallarn'.

This is my test model. Going to need a lot of them (approx 100!) so its single base colours with a heavy 'dirty' wash (Nuln oil and Reikland Fleshade).

Only bit of actual paint highlighting was the loin cloth with Fallax Hammers insignia painted on, and the few bits of flesh on display. Should be able to churn them out pretty fast. 

Fluff

'Rubble Roaches' - a desire to serve the Imperium... coupled with an escape route out of the hives of Fallax means there is a constant stream of soldiers swelling the ranks. The first step in a career in the Fallax Hammers is graduating from these basic troops'

RubbleRoachtest1