Ferveth's Maggot Merchants: A Death Guard Warband

Sheesh Mode

Greetings all. I have been building up a competitive Death Guard army for some time now and decided to show off my progress to my fellow internet-friendstm. The army is surprisingly entertaining as an artistic, and competitive exercise. So, to catalog the discoveries I have chosen to set up a topic here in the illustrious B&C. I will include battle reports, online articles I have written, and miniature progress. 

Here's some blatant self aggrandizement

As well as a link to my Instagram. You'll find most of my Death Guard pictures here.

In the meantime I will post the current list I use when I play competitively. Cheers.

• Deathguard
  • Battallion Detachment
  • Daemon Prince - Hellforged Sword - Wings - Fugaris Helm
  • Malignant Plague Caster 
  • Plague Marines - (5 marines) - 2 Blight Launchers and Plague Knives - 1 Plague Knife Pair - 1 Flail of Corruption - 1 Bolter and Plague Knife
  • Plague Marines - (5 marines) - 2 Blight Launchers and Plague Knives - 1 Plague Knife Pair - 1 Flail of Corruption - 1 Bolter and Plague Knife
  • Plague Marines - (5 Marines) - 3 Plasma guns and Plague Knives - 2 Bolters and Plague Knives
  • Noxious Blight Bringer
  • Rhino
  • Rhino
  • Rhino

• Outrider Detachment
  • Malignant Plague Caster
  • Foul Blight Spawn
  • Foul Blight Spawn
  • Foetid Blight Drone - 2 Plague Spitters
  • Foetid Blight Drone - Heavy Blight Launcher

Total: 1998pts

Curious as to how you use the Blightbringer in your list.  It appears that your set up is pretty mobile and will out pace him, so they can't take advantage of his buff but maybe once.  Is he your backfield OBJ sitter?  Or do you have him riding with one of the squads in a rhino?  I love all the bloat drones in there!  Really interested to see how your list performs in upcoming batreps.

beautiful models

do you find Foetid Blight Drones with Heavy Blight Launcher more effective than a crawler in order to support your plaguemarins?

I find it effective when taking bloat-drone as distraction Carnifex while PBC rolling forward with PMs. Mortar is actually not very efficient due to PBC’s low BS. If you really want to see some explosions in range you better take them in pairs and one Chaos Lord is needed to offer valuable reroll 1s( WT Arch Contaminator of course). Don’t forget to take cultists to establish a no-Deepstrike-zone!!! I learned that lesson in a hard way.

Curious as to how you use the Blightbringer in your list.  It appears that your set up is pretty mobile and will out pace him, so they can't take advantage of his buff but maybe once.  Is he your backfield OBJ sitter?  Or do you have him riding with one of the squads in a rhino?  I love all the bloat drones in there!  Really interested to see how your list performs in upcoming batreps.

I frequently deploy all power armored infantry inside of transports to protect them ,reduce drop count, and give them an additional three inches of movement. My experience indicates his ability is only necessary turn one for Mechanized Death Guard to enter the mid field and begin firing on the opponent's deployment zone turn 2. My list is built to Blitz my opponent therefore any means available to increase the speed of my units is very valuable. Once he is deployed I move him alongside the Daemon Prince while maintaining range to the Blight Launcher squads. They make good use of his buffs. 

I love Blight Drones too. Thanks. 

beautiful models

do you find Foetid Blight Drones with Heavy Blight Launcher more effective than a crawler in order to support your plaguemarins?

Thank you. 

I do find Foetid Blight Drones to be more effective. They are faster, fire more shots, and have the fly keyword this makes them great skirmishers and adaptable. 

I find it effective when taking bloat-drone as distraction Carnifex while PBC rolling forward with PMs. Mortar is actually not very efficient due to PBC’s low BS. If you really want to see some explosions in range you better take them in pairs and one Chaos Lord is needed to offer valuable reroll 1s( WT Arch Contaminator of course). Don’t forget to take cultists to establish a no-Deepstrike-zone!!! I learned that lesson in a hard way.

I am a *very* aggressive player. Friends frequently advise me to build a Tyranid army because Death Guard are too slow for my temperament. Thus, I avoid slow, ranged fire support like Plague Burst Crawlers. Furthermore, Drones can keep up with my Daemon Prince without impeding my advance. I appreciate the advice to include cultists by the way. I have since adapted my list to include them. 

• Deathguard
  • Battallion Detachment
  • Daemon Prince - Hellforged Sword - Wings - Fugaris Helm
  • Chaos Lord - Power Fist - Combi-Bolter
  • Plague Marines - (5 Marines) - 3 Plasma guns and Plague Knives - 2 Bolters and Plague Knives
  • Noxious Blight Bringer
  • Rhino - 2 Combi-Bolters

• Outrider Detachment
  • Typhus the Traveler
  • Cultists - 10 - Autoguns
  • Cultists - 10 - Autoguns

Total: 1998

I frequently deploy all power armored infantry inside of transports to protect them ,reduce drop count, and give them an additional three inches of movement. My experience indicates his ability is only necessary turn one for Mechanized Death Guard to enter the mid field and begin firing on the opponent's deployment zone turn 2. My list is built to Blitz my opponent therefore any means available to increase the speed of my units is very valuable. Once he is deployed I move him alongside the Daemon Prince while maintaining range to the Blight Launcher squads. They make good use of his buffs. 

I love Blight Drones too. Thanks. 

Archived