Daemon "Proxies"

Evil Eye

For a while I've been intrigued by the idea of converting Daemons to represent other gods' minions in a thematically homogenous force. So for example, a Tzeentch force containing Daemonettes proxied as "Yellow Horrors", or a Beast of Nurgle in a Khorne army masquerading as a "Bone Golem". The purpose of this thread is to share ideas for such "proxies", be they simple ideas, conversions, artwork, fluff writeups or whatever. I'll start with some ideas I had for Khornate proxies for other lesser Daemons.

Daemonettes- “Fleshrenders of Khorne”

Out of all Khorne's daemons, Fleshrenders occupy the very bottom rung. Formed from the souls of those mortal champions who have failed Khorne, they are hideous, tortured wretches who exist in a state of permanent agony, hatred and rage. Skeletal, gangrel creatures, their weapons are long, raking claws with which they rip and tear at their foes. They are usually driven forth en masse as cannon fodder for the more important forces.

Modelling wise, I'd be tempted to combine parts of Bloodletters with Crypt Ghouls, possibly with claws fashioned from Tyranid parts. Make them look really, really wretched, possibly blind. Alternatively, convert some skeletons into bloody bone-revenants with their hands replaced with long blades.

Plaguebearers- “Bonebreakers of Khorne”

Whilst Bloodletters are the swords of the armies of Khorne, Bonebreakers are the shields. Incredibly tough, and sheathed in armour forged from daemonic brass and the bones of the fallen, they are nigh on indestructible, turning aside blows that would have cut even a Bloodletter in half. They mostly guard Khorne's great citadels and fortresses, although they have been known to appear in realspace. Armed with great brass cleavers, and bearing thick bony shields, they form an unbreakable bulwark in battle.

Modelling wise, pretty simple in theory- armoured Bloodletters. Obviously putting armour onto Bloodletters would be time consuming and require a lot of sculpting skill, so I'd recommend taking and existing "armoured" unit (either Blood Warriors or Stormvermin maybe?) and combining them with Bloodletter parts.

Pink Horrors- “Bloodboilers of Khorne”

Amongst the lowest of Khorne's daemonic servants, Bloodboilers are fashioned from Bloodletters that have displeased the Lord of Battles in some way. Reduced to weak, scurrying creatures, they are cowardly and skittish, but nonetheless filled with spite and malice. Resembling smaller, more feeble Bloodletters, they are stripped of their Hellblades, but gain the ability to hurl balls of scathing fire at their foes.

Modelling wise, very simple to do- just take Bloodletters and remove the swords, back spines and horns, resculpting/replacing as needed (specifically, replacing the swords with balls of fire). I got the idea from the Imps from DOOM (2016) who look quite Bloodletter-y.

Anyway, fire away!

I use spirit hosts as my Khornate Nurgling proxies. Paint em red n bloody. Fluff is that the very air tries to murder you during a khorne assault. Or the souls of ancient battlefields are rewoken with rage (hence the deployment shenanigans)

Would love to see these conversions !

O7