Thoughts on the big Khorne themed vehicles?

Ishagu

Does anyone run the Lord of Skulls? It looks pretty deadly from the datasheet - and it got a point drop if I'm not mistaken?

What about the Kytan or greater Brass Scorpion?

I don't have my Chapter Approved in me, but I thought the cost of the Lord of Skulls dropped to 380 points now. Is that right? If so, at that price it's probably worth taking.

380 before weapons. With weapons it's around the 530-600pt mark.

They're ridiculous and tacky and... Khorne.

Uffda.

not all of them look bad. The brass scorpion is easily the best looking Khorne themed superheavy and the Kytan also looks pretty good. It's just the Lord of Skulls that's aneurysm inducing.

Uffda.

not all of them look bad. The brass scorpion is easily the best looking Khorne themed superheavy and the Kytan also looks pretty good. It's just the Lord of Skulls that's aneurysm inducing.

Totally agree. It could be the best unit in the game and I’d still never use it. In an apocalypse-level game, using either (or both!) of the other two would be awesome.

Uffda.

Ehh..the Brass Scorpion doesn't fit the Khornate aesthetic at all imho.

How is a poisonous, sneaky, assassin type insect Khorne-like?

The Kytan looks derpy with it's chicken legs. The Lord of Skulls is crazy, over the top and just plain silly. Just like 40k is suppossed to be.

In terms of the OPs question they're all pretty deadly when combined with 1cp stratagem that allows a Daemon Engine to reroll to hit and wound. It's useful on all three in both the shooting and fight phase. Whether it's better than the equivalent points of zerkers or 600 points of cultists for that matter is another question.

Personally only tried the scorpion as I have converted one but tactically the Lord of Skulls might be the best. Aside from having more health, you can't use psychic powers on the scorpion whereas you can warptime the LoS for a super fast Juggernaught.

The scorpion was still good, it's main gun can be pretty deadly against vehicles and monsters and like all of them it's insane in assault

EDIT: the kytan seems okay too but is basically just a budget version of the LoS

Uffda.

The Kytan looks derpy with it's chicken legs. The Lord of Skulls is crazy, over the top and just plain silly. Just like 40k is suppossed to be.

naw, the Lord of skulls looks like someone fused Thomas the tank engine to a kytan. It simply looks rediculous.

The "chicken legs" on the kytan serve to make it faster. In addition to that, the legs are highly reminiscent of one of the most well liked and overall most well done images of a servant of khorne (bloodletters).

Scorpions are aggressive, incredibly deadly for their size, and very territorial. Just like any servant of khorne.

Subjective considerations are subjective and all that, but to me they all look like they were sent to manufacturing halfway through the design process with instructions to "just slap skulls on them/paint them red and brass".

And, you know, Khorne is tacky, per se.

I can't comment on the Los or the kytan,

But I have (And will continue in larger games) used the brass scorp

It's crazy fast and 3d6 charge makes it hard to stop

The pt cost is extreme at 650 it makes the others seem like a bargain

But I spent a lot of time And money converting mine and I do like to see it on the battlefield

My big problem with the scorp is they made the flamers into pistols so you can't shoot them with the other guns and it went from "the many legged terror" with the most stomp attacks in the game to having NO stomp

Although 6 dmg per hit does a great job of taking care of most hard targets avoid any necron targets that have quantim shielding

I hated the look of the Lord of Skulls when pictures were first leaked and swore I would not use it even if the rules were great.

I really changed my mind. With a descent paint job the model is great, and I've used it several times in big games and it has never disappointed. Love it!

G

If I weren't planning on a mono Slaanesh army I'd definitely play one. It's metal as heck. :biggrin.:

Agreed. I often characterize Khorne to new players as "A twelve-year old who listened to too much Heavy Metal."

Conversely, Slaanesh is "A twelve-year old who READ too much Heavy Metal."

:smile.:

If I weren't planning on a mono Slaanesh army I'd definitely play one. It's metal as heck. :biggrin.:

Agreed. I often characterize Khorne to new players as "A twelve-year old who listened to too much Heavy Metal."

Conversely, Slaanesh is "A twelve-year old who READ too much Heavy Metal."

Nurgle could be the kid who was so into heavy metal, he lost all sense of personal hygiene.

Tzeentch could be the kid who thought Heavy Metal wasn't hard enough so he got into Aleister Crowley and H.P. Lovecraft.

Uffda.

naw, the Lord of skulls looks like someone fused Thomas the tank engine to a kytan. It simply looks rediculous.

The "chicken legs" on the kytan serve to make it faster. In addition to that, the legs are highly reminiscent of one of the most well liked and overall most well done images of a servant of khorne (bloodletters).

Scorpions are aggressive, incredibly deadly for their size, and very territorial. Just like any servant of khorne.

Thomas the Daemon-Engine is here to cause confusion and delay. :smile.:

And with Khorne, "over the top" has been part of the point since the old days of RT and early Epic (where the LoS is from).

I loved the look of the Epic-scale Khorne warmachines and would convert other models to count as them if I had a Khornate army now.

I’ve often thought you could make a good Cauldron of Blood using much of the AoS Chaos Dreadhold: Crucible fortification. What it would count as, I have no idea.

After seeing the excellent Nurglised Lord of Skulls I have thought of doing a Slaaneshi one. I have neither the time nor the money though! :D

Archived