Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Death guard can this list win in local tournament play?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Death Guard 1997 pts

[Outrider Detachment]

Chaos Lord in Terminator armor (128)
Multi-Melta, Power Sword

Foetid bloat drone (159)
Plague probe, Heavy Blight Launcher

Foetid bloat drone (159)

Foetid bloat drone (159)

[Battalion Detachment]

Typhus (175)
Putrescent Vitality, Blades of putrefication

Daemon Prince of Nurgle (156)
Daemonic Axe, The Suppurating Plate, Hulking Physique, Warlord
Curse of the leper

19-Poxwalker (114)

18-Poxwalker (108)

20-Chaos Cultist (80)
Autogun

Noxious blightbringer (70)
Plasma pistol, Cursed Plague Bell

3-Deathshroud Terminators (219)
Manreaper, Plaguespurt Gaunlets

Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

-Mortarion (470)
Miasma of pestilence, Gift of contagion, Plague Wind

Going for a semi competitive local tournament list.
I have another list where i switch out the drones for a spearhead with 3 plagueburst crawlers instead keeping the same chaos lord terminator as HQ. I really wanna run mortarion no matter what cause he looks amazing and I love his playstyle. Let me know what you guys think im very new to Death guard. Thanks.

Edited by Angelsforlife6317, 26 March 2018 - 03:47 AM.

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Im assuming the lord is carring a combi-melta and not a multi-melta.

Conventional "wisdom" would be to have more cultist than poxwalker for the dead walk again tratagem, to replace all or at least most heavy blight launcher with flammers.
Have wings on the daemon princ with claw rather than axe and with the arch contaminator warlord trait to make the most out of your drones.

There is however nothing wrong with your list, other than swapping the warlord trait you should have at least a fighting chance. Primarch are cool but not top tier, your list look fun and I would rather stick to it and optimise it rather than go with the conventional list.

Whatever you take, do tell us how it went!

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Yes lol its suppose to be a combi melta. I play a lot of SM. I didnt know if they were gonna faq the wings on a DP of nurgle because as of right now they are "Free" in the codex if your going by points. I see what your saying about the cultist my plan was to use them as a front line bubble wrap to create more poxwalkers. As you said I can get a lot more at a reduced price if I run more Cultists. I will make some adjustments around your advice and get another list up soon. Whats your take on the Combi melta? Is it worth it on a lord that can drop in outside of 9? Or should I use those points on more cultists/poxwalkers?

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts
The list looks good, I would just swap spells around. Mortarions -1T pairs well with Curse of the Lepper (which targets the closest unit). I'm not sure who you are planning Typhus to target Blades with other then the Deathshroud, but if he's going to be near the Poxwalkers I would take the +1S/T & -1 to be hit with him. Maybe then give the DP Plague Wind or Blades depending on where you plan on utilizing him.
Plague Spitters on drones is a good idea, as they are assault weapons so you can advance and shoot. With the Blightbringer you have a better chance to be in range with them turn 1.

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Thanks for the advice giving poxwalkers a -1 to hit will benefit me in the long walk up lol. Drones are meant to be a tough long range infantry killer with buffs from blades. Looking at it now Blades should be on DP with wings moving up with drones with mortarion giving support near by. Im gonna post another list in this thread in a few hours thanks for the help guys!

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
Do print/ write down the faq changes and Chapter approved point changes.the codex is a lot better with them ;)

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Lol whats funny about that Blacktriton is I made my list on Battlescribe and cross referenced with codex. I assumed battlescribe point values were wrong, but they were actually the updated point values from Chapter approved! Thanks for bringing that to my attention that really allows me to min/max my list in a better way.

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Updated list what do you guys think?

Death Guard 1997 pts

[Outrider Detachment]

Chaos Lord in Terminator armor (128)
Combi-Melta, Power Sword

Foetid bloat drone     (159)

Foetid bloat drone     (158)
Plague probe, 2x Plaguespitter

Foetid bloat drone     (158)
Plague probe, 2x Plaguespitter

[Battalion Detachment]

Typhus  (175)
Miasma of Pestilence, Putrescent Vitality

Daemon Prince of Nurgle (180)
Malefic Talons, The Suppurating Plate, Arch-contaminator, Warlord
Blades of Putrefaction

20-Poxwalker  (120)

26-Chaos Cultist (104)
Autogun

25-Chaos Cultist (100)
Autogun

Noxious blightbringer  (65)
Plasma pistol, Cursed Plague Bell

3-Deathshroud Terminators (180)
Manreaper, Plaguespurt Gauntlets

Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment

-Mortarion (470)

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 584 posts
Well done!
Now it looks like every other competitve mortarion list out there!
Joke asside, take this generic list and give it a run. See for yourself what work and dosent, what you like and would change.
Then comme back and tell us how it went!

Angelsforlife6317

Angelsforlife6317

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 49 posts
Will do thanks for the help. Just didnt wanna walk into my local tournament with a non competitive DG list. Will let you know how it goes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users