Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

White Scars Aggressors

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,841 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers

So I was building a list that revolved around 6 max size Aggressors, I really like the bolter profile, and noticed that they suffer no penalty when advancing. This made me think of White Scars. As you guys can add 2" to all advance rolls. This is pretty sweet imho and can help the Aggressors get into firing positions very quickly. 

I was wondering if any of you white scars players had any experience using Aggressors. 

Thanks in advance!

• Kierdale and Filius like this

"Death before Dishonor! No Mercy!" - Captain Donatello of the Roaring Lions!

gallery_62972_14467_40478.png

breng77

breng77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,958 posts

I've used them a few time.  It makes them quite fast basically base move 8", since unless you want to assault you will advance which is minimum 8" so very reliably quick.

• Kierdale and Filius like this

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,841 posts

Yeah I would imagine so. Did you use them as assault units or did you use them as a fire base? Just curious. How did they perform walking up the table?

breng77

breng77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,958 posts

Mostly shooting, they are ok in the assault against things like vehicles, but they really lack a quantity of attacks to be a true assault unit.  As for walking up the field they are good, they can get into range quickly especially with the approved advance.  I think there are some other chapters that use them a bit better, but white scars do ok.

Aothaine

Aothaine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,841 posts

Fair enough. Thank you for the reply. ^_^

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,594 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP

Mostly shooting, they are ok in the assault against things like vehicles, but they really lack a quantity of attacks to be a true assault unit. As for walking up the field they are good, they can get into range quickly especially with the approved advance. I think there are some other chapters that use them a bit better, but white scars do ok.

They're best as Raven Guard. Being able to drop them in shooting range 1st turn so they can fire twice is stupid good.

I'd say Scars are probably a close 2nd.

breng77

breng77

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,958 posts

I think Ravenguard are by far the best between -1 to hit and strike from the shadows.  With Scars a distant second, but probably solidly above the other choices, Imperial Fists might be 3rd best.

That is if we are talking about codex marines anyway.  Ultra Marines are probably up there as well if only for RG.  Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Blood Angels are also strong choices for Aggressors, that are on a level with White Scars or maybe slightly above.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users