Greater Good Today

Panzer

Ah yeah one of Kelly's books. I make sure to stay away from his T'au stories. :D 

Anyway, still doesn't change that the rest of the T'au Empire don't have that experience though. ^^

I read the story last night. I enjoyed it. Things are not going well for the Tau. :sad.:

If you mean WC one, why not? The suggestion is, that DG either got bored and went elsewhere, or that their newly made got vaporized them (or at worst is stalling DG fleet, which is kind of weird as Nurgle wouldn't look kindly at this).

Plus, there was something weird in the story. Why is Shadowsun in charge? Shouldn't whatever air caste admiral be commanding instead? I thought she is commander of ground forces and has little experience in fleet actions?

Shadowsun is the supreme commander and is in charge of everything when she's around, just like Farsight and Kais would be. She might prefer to command the ground forces but that was apparently not the case in this story.

Apologies for returning to the pulse pistol on her suit but assumedly ceremonial - like a ceremonial sword for a human, but a pistol?

Interesting detail. Regardless she's got me coming back to the greater good and ditching my pointy-eared, soul munching, pirates. Tau'va!!! (Wish I'd never sold my Tau army a matter of months ago :( )

Apologies for returning to the pulse pistol on her suit but assumedly ceremonial - like a ceremonial sword for a human, but a pistol?

Interesting detail. Regardless she's got me coming back to the greater good and ditching my pointy-eared, soul munching, pirates. Tau'va!!! (Wish I'd never sold my Tau army a matter of months ago :sad.: )

There's nothing ceremonial about Pulse Pistols. They are really just what they seem to be. A pistol you can fall back on.

The only ceremonial thing a T'au from the Fire Caste would have would be the bonding knife. We even literally have a special rule for it. ^^

I'm aware of the talissera but her pistol has a lovely flowing 'ribbon' attached to it which isn't typical. That's why I was wondering. Very random otherwise.

Wouldn't make sense as a weapon for "if her suit gets trashed" because if it's that bad she'd be wrecked. Plus, why wouldn't she already have one on her person - weird to have a decorative one. Sensibly I'd argue ceremonial but that'd be the first - like a bottle of champers on a new boat?! I've no idea

I'm aware of the talissera but her pistol has a lovely flowing 'ribbon' attached to it which isn't typical. That's why I was wondering. Very random otherwise.

Wouldn't make sense as a weapon for "if her suit gets trashed" because if it's that bad she'd be wrecked. Plus, why wouldn't she already have one on her person - weird to have a decorative one. Sensibly I'd argue ceremonial but that'd be the first - like a bottle of champers on a new boat?! I've no idea

It is a purity seal.

Wouldn't make sense as a weapon for "if her suit gets trashed" because if it's that bad she'd be wrecked. Plus, why wouldn't she already have one on her person - weird to have a decorative one. 

No need for the suit to get trashed. The fusion weapons/arms could get damaged or malfunction or simply not be enough because she gets swarmed by enemies so that way she can still use the pistol while wearing the suit. Nothing about it is decorative except for the long piece of cloth.

I think the "witch finders" using tau tech are just using a DNA test looking for the psyker gene.

I doubt they have anti psyker tech, as I would hope they keep that mostly to necrons with a few rare instances in other armies.

I'd rather see Tau get "AI" abilities or something akin

I'd rather see Tau get "AI" abilities or something akin

Completely agree here. I don't want to see T'au with psykers. I do want to see T'au get a viable melee unit though. Those fusion blades were awesome! But they didn't go far enough imho.

Auxiliary race psyker would be perfectly fine imo.

I definitely don't want to ever see T'au get any dedicated melee unit outside of an auxiliary race unit.

Give me barrier support drones, that create barrier fortifications/walls to prevent cqc from getting too there targets!

Barrier drone create a 3" barrierwall (treated as a wall, barriershield rules from tidewall, but wall shares go with drones.

Can be linked with other barrier drones, 6" wall.

Same size drone as the Pathfinder big one

Edited by Triszin

Give me barrier support drones, that create barrier fortifications/walls to prevent cqc from getting too there targets!

Barrier drone create a 3" barrierwall (treated as a wall, barriershield rules from tidewall, but wall shares go with drones.

Can be linked with other barrier drones, 6" wall.

Same size drone as the Pathfinder big one

They already have the tide wall. Isn't that what this would be?

I definitely don't want to ever see T'au get any dedicated melee unit outside of an auxiliary race unit.

I'm down with making Kroot viable. They are supposed to be pretty good hunters in the lore. Maybe make them similar to the Reivers? Dedicated anti-infantry that doesn't break so easily maybe? I dunno. I still dream of the days of owning a whole Kroot army. :D

Not meaning to blow your idea down, because it is neat (like the sentries in Starcraft being able to place temporary barriers) but it ultimately would be so gimmicky that it would be literally the only reason to take them, for gimmick. Drones are not durable, with even the toughest I believe being T4 but with 3 or so wounds. Not hard to blow over, even if they have an invulnerable save.

Again, a showing of the polarising nature of drones and their relationship with being targetable, ether super busted or super jank.

I mean, maybe the idea could work if you were to implement a new series of drones like the recon drone, a "heavy drone" archetype where they are T5 and 3 wounds but they are all based on giving infantry quick and dirty defence lines. Some drones act as turrets, some are the barrier emitter with the turret drones able to still connect to barrier drones to extent the barrier but they themselves cannot create a barrier. They aren't hard to destroy like a bunker but are like the Aegis defence lines the Imperium have, quick dirty defence that works but isn't going to be a deal breaker by itself.

Still think drones should be divided into two categories of Utility and Combat. Marker, Shield and Gun Drones along with any drone that can "Fight" or is meant to actively take part in fighting would be as we have now, they have saviour protocol. However drones like Pulse-Accelerator, Grav-Inhibitor and Guardian drones (and some others like maybe the ghostkeel's drones) would be considered utility and instead of Saviour Protocol have it so they count as characters instead, "Aide Sub-Routine" or something. That way the only drones that get to hide away aren't mega deal breakers (no the ghostkeel would not be overpowered. As it stands it needs buffs imo) but can now do their job proper. It would also give value to sniper units to now try and target not just characters but possible valuable support drones that may be enabling or disabling some attempts (Grav-Inhibitors would be a pain for a lot of charging armies).

The AI pre-order for the T'au Air Caste force is looking real nice! Love T'au design so much!

For ease of reference here is the photo:

4f485352.jpg

Despite orks being my primary force I'd zero interest in AI.

Seeing cudas and sharks... That's a game changer!!

I'd love you see mantas too plus rules for them in titanicus. Regardless I think I'll be grabbing some of these. Doing dogfights to intercept landing craft and following with 40k games would be awesome. Convenient they added linked games to chapter approved 2019 :D

Yeah I really don't care for AI at all. Not even with T'au involved now. Great for people who actually care about such games but I'll stick with the main games for now.

We should find out Sunday pa5 is up for order next weekend. I think.

So hopefullt, that means we get a rules show case this upcoming week

Yup, I'd assume so. There's been a number of vids for it this week including one today.

Fair bet we'll see book and shadowsun for pre order this coming Saturday