Greater Good Today

Panzer

Yeah I can read. Doesn't say they get new rules though and we know that GW likes to print the "new" datasheets for units in PA that only exist outside of their Codex yet. You can also expect to see all the "new" Slaanesh Daemon datasheets in their PA.

Yeah I can read. Doesn't say they get new rules though and we know that GW likes to print the "new" datasheets for units in PA that only exist outside of their Codex yet. You can also expect to see all the "new" Slaanesh Daemon datasheets in their PA.

I think it strongly implies the rules are not exactly the same as before but its only a couple of weeks so we can wait and see.

Interesting to see that her “command of the Fifth Sphere” somehow also put her alongside Farsight for work - really interested to hear how that happens - did Farsight come back into the fold or did he sneak folks into the sphere expansion or something?

Her new stuff is a bit underwhelming imo. The weapons are super close in damage output (about 0.5 more dead Marines per weapon on the Dispersed FB and only a little less against T7 vehicles).

The main difference is actually the range I'd say. I'll go with the HE FB if I want to keep her with my CIR Ghostkeels and with the D FB if I want to keep her with my Stealth Suits or FC Ghostkeels.

The new Guardian Drone is neat but a 6+++ is too unreliable for me to care about, especially with just a 3" aura and the 4++ won't protect it much against anti-infantry shooting anyway. At least it's better than the 6++ of the regular Guardian Drone I guess.

They've also posted a new Stratagem on their Facebook page which is unfortunately only relevant for Hammerheads (Ion or Submunition rounds), FC Ghostkeels or ... of course ... Ion Riptides.

83928336_2541424696178154_14511558903830

Edited by Panzer

Or 18 autohits from a Y'vahra...gonna need to pop this up to 3cp immediately, ban it, not allow FW, or disallow that from using it lol.

It can wipe a unit of IH intercessors with one shot. Is it a problem that a 400 point model can kill some troops, even tough ones? 

It seems really crazy at first glance but then on reflection it is crazy on a couple of models which are a little too expensive  - which it brings up to being competitive. They are still glass cannons.

I would let it play out and see how it goes, no need to panic just yet.

Yeah FW units are a thing I guess. Don't care much about their overpriced resin.

Though the Sunshark will benefit nicely from it too so that's a thing.

Honestly I think the most sensible use of this is on Longstrike. He does suffer from an unreliable number of shots but otherwise his shooting is excellent. Then when Longstrike gets taken out use it on the remaining Hammerheads. It seems to make Tank Tau better more than anything.

The Stormsurge is more interesting now its cheaper.

I think with the yvara itll also suffer from not being able to split all those S6 Damage 3 shots, which is an odd profile thatll overkill a lot of things and then be hampered by 5+ to wound against others. For example the flamers useful against fliers, a lot of which it could already one shot anyway. In practise the ion gun going up to 9 shots might be the more consistent buff

More stuff! https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/04/the-greater-good-faction-focus-tau-empiregw-homepage-post-1/

Custom Septs are a go! The Stabilisation Systems one will be great for all the big suits and tanks. Tempted to take it for my Ghostkeels so I can also take ATS for their CIR.

Speaking of Ghostkeels, it seems like we can give non-character models "prototype weapons" (either that or we are getting a Ghostkeel character option!) and the Advanced Scrambler one is really sweet. Basically giving that one Ghostkeel the Primaris Infiltrator aura.

Also much love for the FSE. Coordinated Engagement is sick. Together with their other Stratagem you can drop a Crisis unit and have them blast something away while hitting on 2+, re-rolling 1s and ignore cover without having to rely on Markerlights at all!

Edited by Panzer