Greater Good Today

Panzer

More stuff! https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/04/the-greater-good-faction-focus-tau-empiregw-homepage-post-1/

Custom Septs are a go! The Stabilisation Systems one will be great for all the big suits and tanks. Tempted to take it for my Ghostkeels so I can also take ATS for their CIR.

Speaking of Ghostkeels, it seems like we can give non-character models "prototype weapons" (either that or we are getting a Ghostkeel character option!) and the Advanced Scrambler one is really sweet. Basically giving that one Ghostkeel the Primaris Infiltrator aura.

Also much love for the FSE. Coordinated Engagement is sick. Together with their other Stratagem you can drop a Crisis unit and have them blast something away while hitting on 2+, re-rolling 1s and ignore cover without having to rely on Markerlights at all!

It's the perfect storm; my army is meant to be a custom sept with FSE influence. Every itch will be scratched!

Custom works for me.

I'm very excited at what seems like it'll be codex 8.1.

What we've seen already is very interesting and should lead to a variety of builds which is what it should be about.

I'd like the chance to rearm my skyrays as well ;)

Crisis bombs with Max cibs got nasty

They're also a bazillion points though?

They are, but they also delete a bazillion points. Just make sure you don't overinvest since the new Stratagem only works against a single target. No point in being able to kill a Knight twice if you can only target a single Knight and only perform that well the turn they get dropped. :D 

Love Shadowsun and very excited for the book.

Only question, how's she drawing that pulse pistol? It'd be so difficult to grab unless she's a contortionist :D further fuel to the possible 'ceremonial' fire :p

Assuming of course she can use as is, how many dreads or other will she finish off with it? :D

The models are all abstractions with different proportions than they'd normally have. Kinda obvious when looking at various artworks too. Still no to the 'ceremonial' theory. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that I will never get to use it anyway though. When she gets charged I'm going to fall back and when I charge it'll be something the enemy won't like having bound in melee so he will fall back ... or counter charge and kill her. :biggrin.:

Sooo ... anybody know when the first reviews will be up? Pretty impatient to see the custom Sept options. :biggrin.:

There's a super low quality picture of Shadowsuns Datacard floating around on reddit. Looks like the Light Flechette Pod is Assault2 S7 AP-1 D1d3 at 24", so basically a Missile Pod. Can't really figure out much more than that though.

rz6f2sm0cof41.png

Edited by Panzer

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5laAbAXlC6o%26fbclid%3DIwAR34twaZtxe_TQ8cwj2WLPunUiuNkHRrFv8v6sW5ZSoRFIz39nnZqPalQ0s&h=AT2-VDZMpbGZ121dD0eOX0ABdT4Cbl5-lztALzNeMVsq_heJ9p5xyCtXVq-O8bDEpLmB3oMyvULCkrYea55xX2n55nCCC1AinamqAOoWCdFeUgn3CuGg52jI4ZSTS0bFPchQY3m36oDX9iTcB4x8E68jeyUBZ6RpR3k

The Dark Artisan has a review up.

Clear as day, looking awesome. Empire stuff looks great and fills gaps. The enclaves are making crisis great again - a BS3 unit for the elite cadre Strat ;)

Alas shadowsun's points value is as elusive as she is as they're so stealthy, they forgot to include them...

Panzer I'll happily agree to disagree :D lol. Ultimately, we still firmly agree that the greater good is merely a distraction for the main event. Plastic noise marines 90s style as and when they eventually arrive :D

Ooh, sniper drones Strat also looking tasty!

(Little bit for everything and increasing viability of stuff - including breachers for which, I adore.)

As part of the prototype weapons you can take 12" range photons that halve charge moves. How bright are they?!

First reviews are up. There's some great stuff but almost nothing for my T'au force as it focuses on the "wrong" units.

Perhaps I'll try out a custom Sept combining the one that improves Burst Cannon AP by 1 together with the no movement penalty for heavy weapons for battlesuits. Means no free cover when stationary (that will hurt) and no stealth relic for my Commander though. I guess I can switch from Fusion Blasters to more Burst Cannons on my Stealth Suits and Ghostkeels and either go with ATS for AP-2 Burst Cannons or Shield Gens to mitigate the loss of the free cover, and then move my anti-tank needs to HRR Broadsides with the new Prototype Weapon that turns their HRR into S9 with minimum 3 damage since I won't be able to take the stealth relic anymore anyway.

Worth a try at least though that means my Pathfinders and Drones etc. won't gain anything from it.

Ah well at least I'm happy for FSE players. Those got buffed a LOT. Option to upgrade their Crisis Suits to WS4+ and BS3+, a Deny psychic power relic, lots of other cool buffs for being close to the enemy. Great stuff.

Also Ion-tides will be scary. There's a Prototype Weapon that turns their Ion Accelerator into Heavy6 S9 AP-4 D3+1d3 when overcharged which lets them use their Nova reactor to buff their invul to a 3++ every turn instead of buffing their weapon.

Likewise HYMP Broadsides with the custom Sept Tenet "Hardened Warheads" will be scary as hell. It improves the AP of everything missile by 1. So HYMP Broadsides with ATS will have 8 S5 AP-2 D1 Smart Missiles, 8 S7 AP-3 D1d3 HYMPs and one S8 AP-3 D1d6 Seeker Missile each!

P.S. Shadowsun kinda sucks for non-T'au Sept armies since she still has the T'au Sept keyword and all her abilities as well as Saviour Protocols still require the units to have the same Sept keyword. :down:

P.S. Shadowsun kinda sucks for non-T'au Sept armies since she still has the T'au Sept keyword and all her abilities as well as Saviour Protocols still require the units to have the same Sept keyword. :down:

I think this is the most disappointing thing I’ve read so far. Hopefully GW FAQ that once they see how useless she is unless she can provide the benefits to all Septs. I can understand her not receiving the sept trait though.

I grabbed the limited ed, I'll let know if there's any other lore

It contains the 4 stories that were on the WarCom site.

I think generally the book is opening up different units and playstyles.

I think compared with the previous PA books this is better.

I've always run a variety of stuff and a non spammy list so I for one am very pleased with the impending change.

Tau va!