Greater Good Today

Panzer

For some reason I do the bases before painting the models, other than static grass. So, yesterday I finished off 10 Breachers and 10 Pathfinders with Stirland Mud. Also touched up the nose vents on my Devilfish with an alternate colour to break up the model more. Khaki fatigues for the next step on all that infantry. 

Figure I add a little update, coldstar is pretty much done. I need to do his base and attach the energy shield bit.

coldstar

Riptide is basically done except his head, since it took so long and I was painting it separate I seemed to have lost it. Found a replacement that I have to spray and paint, also have two of the wargame exclusive fire warriors that I'm going to paint up to count as fireblades.

Just wanted to ask, anyone working on Fusion Blades / Onager Gauntlet conversions at the moment?

I'm going to start them this weekend so wanted to know if anyone has their own ideas of how they could look?

Haven't started on a conversion just yet as I need another commander model, but did plan on doing a fusionblade conversion.

Plan is to use a pair of fusion blasters, take the ammo canister off the top and embed a pair of canisters into the back of the blaster. I still need to find a piece for the 'blade' as I would love a see-through bit but might have to just green stuff a fiery blade. Basically looking at a smaller version of Empyon's blade from Gundam Wing.

As for the Ongar guantlet, haven't thought about it yet.

Well ... I just noticed the Fusion Blades tutorial I've bookmarked years ago uploaded the pictures on photobucket so now they're gone. Great. :D

Depends on what you want him to do. The HO-BC is really good. The MP isn't that great. It's still better than 2xBC tho. So if you want him as anti-infantry harasser you should keep the HO-BC + MP but if you want to go tank-hunting better replace them with Fusion Blaster.

Yeah I keep using my HO-BC+MP loadout for my Coldstar. It just works well as infantry harasser and there's always hope of a points drop for the MP. For 15p I wouldn't mind taking the MP at all. :D

Yeah I keep using my HO-BC+MP loadout for my Coldstar. It just works well as infantry harasser and there's always hope of a points drop for the MP. For 15p I wouldn't mind taking the MP at all. :biggrin.:

Fingers crossed eh? What really works for me though is those CP increases for brigade and battalion. 15 CP is fantastic for a faction with a lot of situationally powerful stratagems. Now I don't have to necessarily sack off something like stim injectors because I need a markerlight boost that turn.

Funny story though, the rule of three effectively imposes the commander cap on every faction. Huehuehue.

EDIT: On a personal modelmaking score I've almost finished the highlights on the riptide and almost ready for the special effects ^^

Edited by OnboardG1

So how are the FAQs affecting your army?

I for one am rethinking whether I want a FSE detachment together with my Sa'cea main army now. However since my main form of deployment is infiltration and scout (Kroot and Pathfinder) the deep strike beta rule doesn't hit me nearly as hard as others. It actually helps me against deep strike heavy lists a lot (not that I'd need that help when I'm already covering most of the board with units before turn 1 tho).

Oh and GW saved me from having to cut up my Coldstar since we can't switchout the MP without losing the HO-BC anymore and I'd like to keep the HO-BC for anti-infantry harassing. Yay, I guess. :sweat:

Other changes:

Dal'yth became sliiiightly more interesting since you get the cover benefit even if you go second now. Still sucks having to be stationary so probably still a no-go for me (I also enjoy the Sa'cea re-roll way too much on my Rail Rifle Pathfinder, Fusion Blaster Stealth Suits and Markerlight Strike Teams).

Stim Injectors from the Index are officially out now. Apparently GW makes no difference between Stim Injectors as wargear and Stim Injectors as Stratagem. Weird but okay ... I never bothered with a 6+ FnP anyway.

Breach and Clear! got a huge buff since it's officially okay to use it against a unit you stripped cover from with Markerlights! So now it's not just a worse Ignore Cover but can be combined with it for maximum :cuss you for units trying to hide in Cover.

Just imagine some Pathfinder directing their Markerlights through a window and the Breacher kicking in the door to shoot their targets super accurately with overwhelming pulse shotgun dakka before they know what's happening. :D

Also you can set up a unit with Drones on the Tidewall now. The Drones just have to wait outside. Pretty happy about that even tho I don't own any Tidewall pieces.

And a nerf to the Bork'an Experimental Weaponry. You have to use the Stratagem BEFORE you even know whether you need/want to re-roll one of the dice. Stupid.

I think I realized what they need to do with experimental tech for commanders.

If you take Thermonueclionic projector it should replace all flamers on that model with them.

People would be more inclined to take the odd relics if it buffed all the weapons on that commander.

Dual flamers, even triple turned into the projector makes it worth it imho.

same with the plasma rifles, you'd end up with a vareity of viable builds instead of the same 3 load outs on most

I think GW has learned to be extremely careful with Commander buffs now lol

I'm not expecting to see anything positive for the Commander anytime soon after they had to artifically limit him and then nerf the Coldstar again this FAQ. ^^

So how are the FAQs affecting your army?

I for one am rethinking whether I want a FSE detachment together with my Sa'cea main army now. However since my main form of deployment is infiltration and scout (Kroot and Pathfinder) the deep strike beta rule doesn't hit me nearly as hard as others. It actually helps me against deep strike heavy lists a lot (not that I'd need that help when I'm already covering most of the b

Board with units before turn 1 tho).

The only two armies I have for 40k is Tau FSE and Grey Knights so...GW basically cut off the legs for the main / only way they play in one fell swoop. I was already losing 3-4 out of 5 games when my GKs could be 9" in front of the enemy army Turn 1, before they had a chance to spread area denial and get any buffs up - now...only shrugs & sighs.

The one thing that would help my only two armies is if they now allowed T2/T3 deep-striking to arrive 6" in front of the enemy army (>50% chance for GK charge / only way to use the FSE tenet).

Edited by Waking Dreamer

I really doubt that'll happen. It would only create a situation worse than before. Suddenly you'd see lots of Terminators, Assault Marines, Warp Talons, Daemon bombs, etc. making easy charges turn two at full strength and wreck armies. Also lots of units dropping within melta/flamer range.