Greater Good Today

Panzer

its mirrored.

matches my book if I mirror it.

:facepalm:

That explains a lot. I also now realise this weird green splotch is the 'new' GW measure tape that lies on top of the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody think we’ll get mushroom men aka “The Charpactin” as part of a psychic awakening release? It seems like a joke, but it could be done as terrain or objectives that gives out aura bonuses. 

for those who don’t remember the codex:

Water caste diplomats from the Fifth Sphere sept of Fe’saan encounter the Charpactin, a race of sentient fungoid creatures who communicate entirely in bursts of ultraviolet colour. These strobing emanations prove surprisingly effective at subduing and transfixing living beings, rendering them docile and amenable. The T’au quickly negotiate a client-state treaty with the Charpactin, drafting many of these creatures into their growing Edification Corps.

Excerpt From Codex: T'au Empire Enhanced Edition

• 1 month later...

Played a friendly 1.5k game vs Grey Knights last night. My opponent had convincingly trounced my fluffy Vior'la list last time out (he was disappointed I didn't take a riptide) so this time I brought a bit of Sa'cea cheese. 2 battalions;

Fireblade, Ethereal, Dakkastar, Fusion Enforcer, 6x5 FW squads, Iontide (w/plasma, TL and VT), Burstide (w/SMS, TL and ATS), 7 shield drones and a Barracuda (burst cannon, CIB, seekers). The lack of ML options forced me to take Sa'cea, but the one hit reroll was well worth it anyway.

My opponent took 3 strike teams, a storm raven, Drago, Dreadknight GM, some terminator types with three wounds (that surprised me) and a Captain equivalent with daemon sword.

The mission was four pillars and I went first. My first two turns weren't great, and I didn't screen effectively (allowing the Dreadknight in). But thankfully my shield drones and rolling saved the day and by turn three I had repositioned my army to keep the Riptides going and by the end of my turn four I had tabled him. It could have easily swung the other way.

My Iontide usually performs well for me, and whilst I get Burstides are point for point better, I just enjoy the extra wound potential and damage it dishes out. It also killed the Dreadknight on overwatch. That said, the burst tide also did well thanks to weight of shots.

The Barracuda threatened but didn't do a great deal. The seeker missiles only managed to take out one terminator and are almost irrelevant against invul saves. It did act well at harassing the strike teams holding objectives and also landed the shot that killed Drago. As a super mobile lite-Riptide it did ok.

I'll probably start taking Sa'cea regularly now. As much as I love the Vior'la Sept trait I've not had much luck with it. If it effected heavy weapons and moving then I'd still be running it...

Edited by VanDutch

• 3 weeks later...

Mind direct messaging the image?

----

Edit:

If you cant share it, thats fine.

Curious though, as I'd love for a new shadowsun.

even though I would also like More characters overall, I really want a Kais model :(

Edited by Triszin

It looked like she had a white & orange scheme. It was really cool. Is that a new scheme for Tau factions?

99810113004_CommanderShadowsunNEW02.jpg

Shadowsun is white with orange. sure it's new or did you just spot this one?

Tomorrow night i'm up against one of the best player in my club. He's going to play Tau this time and i know very little about the army itself and how to beat it (and i want to WIN but i'm a rookie !). If you feel a little treacherous and are willing to advice me which are the flaws of your army, you're very welcome : http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/360936-tactica-taus/

It looked like she had a white & orange scheme. It was really cool. Is that a new scheme for Tau factions?

99810113004_CommanderShadowsunNEW02.jpg

Shadowsun is white with orange. sure it's new or did you just spot this one?

Yes, it's definitely new. There are 2 hornet-wing-looking things on her back. The wrists are thicker, more like Crisis suit wrists. The armor is bulkier as a whole. The topknot is a little longer and flowing towards the right in the picture. She's looking to our left and blasting something. The black is lot more pronounced and especially on the fusion (less orange). The leg armor looks fantastic. I guess we'll see this weekend and I will definitely check back here to see how people receive it, should they show the image.

Edited by Archaeinox

Well, if we just get a new Shadowsun model I'll be disapointed anyway. It's resin so it should get an updated, just like so many, however I was really hoping to finally get the third of the trio or at least some new non-T'au Sept character.

If her rules are changed to benefit all T'au septs then it might not be so bad. But a new character would have been appreciated.

If she is pictures with GSC then we may not be facing off against DG. Or there could be multiple threats.

Edited by VanDutch