GK Termie Conversions

Delta.Skies

I want to do a few conversions but I wanted to use GK termies as the concept. Just a curious question before I started shopping for bits. Are their torsos longer than regular termies torso. And I feel like their arms are a bit longer for regular sm termies always seemed like folded stubs from the guns they were holding. I potentially wanted to use like DA deathwing bodies with gk termie legs and arms. Don't know if they would be truly compatible

I used the front of the DA TERMY with tabard in order to make my Paladins. The front DA body doesn't fit well with the back GK body and I used a lot of green stuff to make them compatible. So if you only want to glue the different part it isn't possible. If you have time and you want to use green stuff you can easily manage it.

Here you can find the final version of my paladins

KAWRMB0.jpg

(the picture is too dark, I am not a great photographer, the models have better highlights)

If you want to use the whole body of the DA termy it is easy but you have to pay attention to the tabard that is bulky and doesn't fit in every pair of legs. Simply before to glue them find the appropriate pair. 

I used the front of the DA TERMY with tabard in order to make my Paladins. The front DA body doesn't fit well with the back GK body and I used a lot of green stuff to make them compatible. So if you only want to glue the different part it isn't possible. If you have time and you want to use green stuff you can easily manage it.

Here you can find the final version of my paladins

KAWRMB0.jpg

(the picture is too dark, I am not a great photographer, the models have better highlights)

If you want to use the whole body of the DA termy it is easy but you have to pay attention to the tabard that is bulky and doesn't fit in every pair of legs. Simply before to glue them find the appropriate pair. 

This is exactly what I was thinking about, so may just have to use the DA top with GK Termie Legs / Arms and adjust from there ( debating on using GK Termies or just my own chapter termies ) because it does look like GKT arms are longer or my dynamic that regular Termie arms

• 2 weeks later...

Size wise the bits are compatible, there's no noticeable difference between GK and other SM termies. As mentioned above, the DW knights front torso doesn't marry well with the rear of the GK one, but if you aren't actually making GK terms then is that an issue? You can manage it without green stuff but requires some precise knife work .

I do like the grey Knight arms as they have the wrist mounted bolter and the hands are all separate so allow for lots of nice variation.

Archived