Sisters: Ideas, In Light of Plastic Sisters, 2019(ish)

A trinity cannon would be cool.

Pick your profile melta bolted flamer or trinity for mortal wounds

I’d be worried they’d extrapolate from combi-weapons: -1 to hit if firing two weapons at once; -2 if firing three. And keep the HB and MM as Heavy...

A trinity cannon would be cool.

Pick your profile melta bolted flamer or trinity for mortal wounds

The problem I have with trinity weapons is the same problem you run into with the heavyflamer/heavybolter deal the deathwatch has; something is always useless. You're paying for a weapon with 3 profiles when you only ever get efficient use out of 2 at a time, MAX. If you're firing the heavy bolter at 30" you're not getting any benefit from the other two profiles. If you're shooting a multi-melta at 24" you're wasting the range of the heavy bolter, forcing the heavy bolter to shoot at a target it may not have much hope of damaging, and wasting the flamer profile. If you shoot the flamer at something you're wasting the range of the heavy bolter and at least part of the D6 damage of the multi-melta.

These extrapolate down to bolter/melta/flamer too, so it's not just the larger weapons with these issues. 

I personally would like to see more 'on steroids' versions of the weapons. I'd like to see a heavier duty multimelta(one that isn't inherently paradoxical to use would be nice) I'd like to see a SUPER heavy bolter with some kind of fancy abilities, and I'd like to see the immolation flamer become much more common across the army.

I personally would like to see more 'on steroids' versions of the weapons.

Just twigged to some un-mined design space here, they could miniaturise some tech they already have. 'Storm-Bolt-Pistols' could be good times if they came for the right price. Also, the new Necromunda has opened up the concept of the 'combi-pistol', So, Combi-hand-flamer/bolt-pistols could be a thing along side Combi-Inferno/Bolt-Pistols.

They could also bring back one shot 'Exterminator' cartridges, but if they do, I really, really hope they give them the 'Pistol' type. Following on this, I could see a Melta type exterminator analogue.

Blessed ammo used to it or cover. It'd be nice to get them back, it was a super cheap upgrade, and stormbolters ignore cover would help so much against nids and guard.

Or maybe it could be a ignore.to hit modifiers.

Archived