C'tan conversions

Captain Idaho

What models do folks use for the Transcendent C'tan?

Thinking of using an army with 3 of those bad boys.

What do people think makes good conversions?

Potentially a Necron walker with special gun to represent certain powers, but also what big alien creatures?

I am thinking about using a dragon-type model for a void dragon shard, or a ctan shard that's taken the shape of a dragon. Haven't gotten around to it but i might given the sheer powers of the C'tan in the new codex.

I always thought the Transcendent C'Tan kinda looked like Carnage (or Venom, or a lot of various super heroes/villains really). Maybe there's some action figure somewhere just itching to become a mortal wound-dealing monstrosity?

I wonder if the statue of Khaine on the AoS cauldron of blood would make a convincing Ctan shard with some conversion work. I think it’s lithe, dynamic, and alien enough to work in a pinch.

Chop the helmet down some, green stuff tendrils coming out of the spikes. I think that could look really good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an old tombking model that works pretty well... cant remember the name though. Those big guardian things. It works pretty well, scale-wise. :smile.:

Tomb Kings Bone Giant?

Remembered the name, Ushabti!

As to the size of the Deceiver, it is... *checks* about 3.5" from the bottom of its base to the top of its tentacle... head... things. A contemptor goes about to its shoulders.

(theres a bit of leeway there though, it could go as high as 3.75" if it doesnt lean over, I think... So yeah, 3.5 to 3.75" seems to be a good size to aim for.

Nope, 40mm. Or at least, thats what it used to be on. Might be 50mm now, though its definitely not 60 (compare the pics in the codex, necrons vs admech - the nightbringer has a way smaller base than the kataphron breachers, which are on 60s)

It actually doesnt. At least the metal ones. Theyve got a rather big chunk of decoration on their base, that works as a decent counterbalance.
(also, I checked, theyre still 40mm on the store as well)

Finecast isnt too bad these days. Just dont accept any flaws. Check the model in-store, and if theres the tiniest flaw, ask for a replacement.

(also, the nightbringer should be pretty good in FC... he a top-heavy model with very few fine details and spikes. Should have few, if any, casting flaws)

yeah it's a pretty decent model for finecast. Goes together easy. Only issue is the "cloth" that goes across his front. Doesn't line up perfectly and there is a fairly tiny gap.

I guess youre talking about the Deceiver? Cause I think I know which piece you mean, and in the metal model, the gab is waaaay. bigger. A good 2, 3mm.

Archived